190 EOI - Early Childhood Teacher with 60 Points

Deezo

Question

Hi All

Just some info and a little history so apologies for the lengthy details but we haven't really had anyone to talk to that understands our situation and frustration... 

My wife is an Early Childhood Teacher and the main applicant and i will be joining as her partner.

We made the decision to look at Immigration in July 2015 and started by getting in contact with an agent who was referred through a Facebook group.

We negotiated our fee, paid a deposit and things seemed to look good but then things took a turn when our agent wasn't responding to emails and questions.

After waiting almost 2 weeks at one point i got on the phone and called the agent and the agent seemed very surprised that i had called but nonetheless was willing to answer my questions and then emailed me further information.

The agent advised me that they would only reply based on what they thought was "important" which i took offence to but continued on the horrible ride...

We had such a nightmare getting documents from UNISA as teachers require an Original Academic Transcript and Practical Letter for the Skills Assessment to be processed done which takes 10 weeks once the original documents are received by them in Australia.   

Then we had an absolute nightmare in waiting 11 months for my Unabridged Birth Certificate from Home Affairs when my wife's took less than 2 months but again we persisted and continued on our journey as we kept our hopes alive in the promise that all this would be worth it in the end.

A year down the road and we have done IELTS twice and both times failed to make an 8 for writing, we have our Skills Assessment for Early Childhood Teacher which is on SOL and CSOL so we are positive that we will get an invitation however we only have 55 points in total as my wife will only have 3 years’ experience from the time she qualified in January 2017.

We therefore decided to look at the 190 Visa as this would give us the additional 5 points to bring us to 60 and obviously Permanent Residency so we submitted two EOI applications as follows:

• EOI 1 - Any State but selected 189 & 190 in the hope that the 2nd IELTS would have been better but submitted on the 14/05/2016

• EOI 2 - NSW and only 190 selected on the 10/07/2016

We are happy with NSW (Sydney) as we have family, friends and some support structure there but would also consider Victoria (Melbourne) i really want to know the following:

1) What are our chances of getting an invite for a state sponsorship for the additional 5 points under my wife's skill?

2) I have heard that the invitation round will open again at the end of July 2016 but does this run until the end of June 2017?

3) I have checked Immitracker and there aren't many Early Childhood Teachers on the list for 190 so i can’t really check how long the invites are taking...

Could anyone give us some hope and perhaps tell us more about your similar experiences please :) 

Thank you so much,

Deezo 

14 answers to this question

We did get an invite for our Skill and are happy things are on track.

Now we just awaiting state sponsorship approval and then invite to apply for the Visa.

Regarding your 1st EOI, just check the rules in terms of dates of english test. It is one of those little rules that can cost you a fortune in a rejected visa application. As far as I recall, your English test date and skills assessment date must be prior to you EOI date.

Hi @vitchie

Thanks for your reply :)

The 1st EOI was submitted on the 14/05/2016 and the 1st IELTS was an Academic test and was done on 24/10/2015 and Skills Assessment on the 04/05/2016 so we should be fine there.

We were advised by our agent to redo the IELTS but as a General test which my wife did but got the exact same scores as before and this was done on the 25/06/2016.

We have everything we need now besides the Unabridged Marriage Certificate so just hoping we will get an invite once the invitations open now towards the end of July...

Hope you get an invite soon Deezo. I waited for quite a few months to get a 190 invite and gave up. Then again I am in IT so there is a massive supply of people. Myabe there is a better chance in the  Early Childhood Teachers field. Maybe give a month or so and if you still don't get an invite, do the Peason test? I also wrote IELTS on 24 Oct 2015 (Joburg) and didn't make it. Did the Peasons test in Feb 2016 and found it better.

• Like 2

Thanks @vitchie

We were going to consider Persons test but our agent advised us against it for some unknown reason and i believe it can only be done in JHB?

Have you left SA yet?

I did my Pearsons test in JHB, not sure if there are other centres. Nope I haven't left SA yet, planning on leaving early January (earlier if I land a job from this side)

• Like 1

Thanks @vitchie

I will do some more research on the Pearsons Test and see if there is a centre in DBN and then if we dont get an invite in the next month or 2 then maybe we will have no choice but to look at this to get the 5 points and have a total of 60 points for 189 or 65 for 190.

All the best with the job prospects but i have also heard it always best to use an agent, get your CV (resume) Australia-ready or it that doesnt work to arrive and apply there ;) 

• Like 1

Thanks. all the best to you too. Hope you get that invite soon!

Thanks @vitchie and thanks for your signature ;) 

I'm still new here so finding my way around :D

4 minutes ago, Deezo said:

Thanks @vitchie and thanks for your signature ;) 

Hehe, no worries. Thanks for the compliment!

• Like 1

We got our invites this morning for NSW!!!!! :)

Thank you Lord :ilikeit:

Now to submit the documents for the State Sponsorship and the await approval to submit Visa application...

• Like 1

Congratulations @Deezo! That is awesome!!!

We lodged our EOI for 190 NSW state nomination on the same day as you with 55 + 5 points. My husband is an Occupational Health & Safety Practitioner.

Just out of interest, are you registered on immi tracker under Razzle?

All of the best, hope you get your approval/invitation to apply for your VISA real soon :)

Martine

• Like 1

Morning @MartineM

Thank you kindly :) 

We are very pleased as the process up-to-this-point has been an absolute nightmare!!

Yes i registered under Immitracker as Razzle and there are two as one EOI we selected Any State just so we can keep our options open to any other invitations but we are happy with NSW as that is our first choice.

Thank you for your well wishes and i hope you hear back soon as well!! ;) 

• Like 1

This morning we got our Visa Invite and State Sponsorship approval after submitting our 190 State Sponsorship Nomination application on the 29th July 2016!! :):):)

I cant believe how quick things went!!

Now we need to get all our documents together so we can lodge our Visa through SkillSelect but i wanted to know if anyone knows the details of the process from here?

• Once i click on the "Apply Visa" tab on SkillSelect then what happens? Will this delay our application if we don't submit all the documents etc?

• When and how do we create the ImmiAccount?

• When would we get details of our HAP ID's so we can book medicals before we pay for the Visa etc?

Any help would be appreciated :)