Plumber not main applicant

We are new to the forum and would appreciate some help. Our situation are that I am the main applicant since my skill assessment is cheaper 500 aud versus trade for plumber 2400 aud. We want to apply for 189 and we are both on the skills list. We would however want to be able to do in SA what we can to also prepare him to start work when we arrive there after grant. I believe he needs a license and 1st aid certificate. Could someone advise the best option financially for us to go about. Does not help we want to save the assessment fee but loose months of income in Australia. Also if they go through vetasses is that automatically granting the license? Thanks in advance. 

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Hi Aninas, I just saw your post now. My husband is a plumber and we have been here in Australia for a year. If you are still looking for advice in this regard, let me know.

Thanks but we have been here since May 2017 and my husband is now a plumber trainer and assessor at a training college in Brisbane.