a Temping solution

MelG

note to your Captain's log:  i arrived in Feb, husband settled first (Jan16) with work.  I looked for work from Feb-endApr - i applied for heaps of jobs online, got only one interview out of it and didn't get that job :(  Anyway, to cut a long story short (aka-not to get into all the stress! I spun:) I figured I just wasn't looking at it right and got back down to basics ... :rolleyes: what is the best way to interview for a job but to work it first.  I signed up with an agent and within a week I had work :):):) 

we are based in regional NSW: Coffs Harbour

edit: typO's

Edited by MelG
  • Like 1

:oh, and just as a sidenote to this log:  temping is male and female friendly ;)   i got some temp work filing (like literally filing!  so much of filing!!) and the other temp working with me is a local guy, he is typing dictations, which i have now been promoted to formatting :grads: ... to print to file :king:

(interestingly, most things in Aus are male&female friendly, right down to rugby :o - i could think of nothing worse than getting my boobs knocked but hey, each to their own.  basically if you're an able bodied person, no matter your sex, if you want to do it you can ... south afriCAN :wub:

edit: typO's

Edited by MelG

• 3 months later...

Hi @MelG, my wife is also in the market for some temp work. Any advice on which agencies to contact.

Thanks

Hi Yuvi,

We live in regional NSW so agencies would differ a bit.  Go online.  Search temp agencies in her field.   She should just call them and say she would like to register with their agency for temp work.

Good luck!  Be confident!  She has the skills they're looking for ;)

1 hour ago, MelG said:

Hi Yuvi,

We live in regional NSW so agencies would differ a bit.  Go online.  Search temp agencies in her field.   She should just call them and say she would like to register with their agency for temp work.

Good luck!  Be confident!  She has the skills they're looking for ;)

Thanks, i will do :-)