Obtaining employment while still in South Africa (short trip for May planned)

dancealot

Hi

My husband will be going to Brisbane in May for two weeks to seek employment in the Accounting industry.  He is a CA and we have permanent residency.

Does anyone who has done this successfully before have any tips you believe may help him.  He has amended his CV to the Australian format and is contacting recruitment agents as well as applying for positions via the internet.

Are there any further suggestions for obtaining employment.  Two weeks will be a very short trip for this purpose, however we pray for his success.

Thanks so much.

First question: what sort of accounting - audit or what?  Second question: does he currently work in an accounting firm or another type of business?

Oh and third question: Is he going "blind" in the HOPE of finding something or does he have some contacts already?

My husband is not in the Accounting field but judging from Accountants that have already made the move it is quite difficult. I believe that if you are in audit then it is alot easier. Good luck with your journey?

Thanks so much.

He was in auditing for around 10 or so years and for the last three years has been in commerce.

He does have a contact so we pray word of mouth will help.  

Are there any tips for us?

First of all if I've understood correctly he works for an accounting firm doing commerce?  If so then commerce is called business services here and he'll struggle with pursuing this angle because of his lack of tax knowledge.  He would really be best to stick to the audit side of things as that is a universal skill no matter what country you are in.

Does he have a LinkedIn profile and does he know how to use LinkedIn to find more than one contact?

He does.  His contact is someone he knows personally in the industry so we pray this helps.

Thanks so much.

Edited by dancealot