Lodging Expression of Interest

PhatMyles

Best feeling ever! :D 

• 3 weeks later...

How exactly does this invitation thing work?

Does the invitation only allow you to proceed with a Visa application?

Does this invitation come from the Government or Private Companies, and does it guarantee a job at the company/gov office who sent the invitation?

I've read on their website that your EOI will be stopped as soon as you've received two invitations and not accepted any of the two, so you can't have more than two?

You mentioned a direct grant, so this entails a company who sponsored your visa and offered you a job directly?

@NaomihomeThe expression of interest has to be done, to show that you have the necessary points and qualifications. The government will then take a look at your application and if they like what they see they will invite you to apply for a visa. Until they invite you, you cannot submit your visa application. There is no payment made by you, until you submit your visa application.

The invitation to apply for a visa comes from the government and no, it has absolutely nothing to do with jobs or guaranteed jobs, that is your own problem to find.

The expressions of interest are checked out and you are invited to apply, there is no need for you to do more than one, if you are serious about applying. So okay, there might be something holding you back, lack of paperwork, birth certificates, etc. so you let it slip. If they are then kind enough to give you a second chance to apply for a visa you had better see that you have all your ducks in a row, as that is it then.

A direct grant does not have anything to do with a company or a sponsored job, it just means that you have submitted all your paperwork correctly, there is nothing else the government needs from you and they issue your visa directly without any further consultation or requirements from you.

Hope that makes more sense to you now.

• Like 2

Ok cool. But that leaves 60 days to find an actual job or sponsorship. Before spending a lot of money on the visa application.

And to pay for most of the required documents I'd have to sell my house or take out a loan.

1 hour ago, Naomihome said:

Ok cool. But that leaves 60 days to find an actual job or sponsorship. Before spending a lot of money on the visa application.

And to pay for most of the required documents I'd have to sell my house or take out a loan.

Why would you have to find a job in the 60 days? 

@Naomihome I think you may be getting your visas mixed up, as I cannot see why you think you only have 60 days to get a job and sponsorship? The chances of finding a job in 60 days, from RSA is, honestly, highly unlikely, unless you or your husband are in one of the most sought after careers in Australia and that there is a huge shortage for the position you are looking for.

Visa 189 : You have immediate PR and can live anywhere in Australia, you are not bound to a specific state.

Visa 190 : You have immediate PR and you get state sponsorship, which does not guarantee anything for you, it just gives you an opportunity because your "job" may appear on their requirement list.

Visa 457 : A temporary work visa which does not give you PR and you are at the mercy of your employer. You cannot apply for this, you first have to find a job and the employer must sponsor you.

Can someone assist me. I am looking at the WA nomination criteria and the state will need certain additional information to invite you for a state nomination applicationsuch as

1. providing evidence of three current job opportunities in regional Western Australia in the nominated (or closely related3) occupation, and

2. providing evidence showing sufficient funds to cover settlement costs and living costs for at least three months.    

How do you go about these, can you give them a link where vacancies in your particular field are posted e.g. accountancy jobs in australia or what??

lets say one doesn't have much cash in their bank account, what else can be used as sufficient funds to cover settlement costs and living costs for at least three months evidence?

Hmm, I would ideally like an employer to sponsor the visa.

I did contact an agency and got an interested employer, but in a place I dont want to live.

I might be confused since I was checking out the US visas too.

3 hours ago, AccountantZ said:

Can someone assist me. I am looking at the WA nomination criteria and the state will need certain additional information to invite you for a state nomination applicationsuch as

1. providing evidence of three current job opportunities in regional Western Australia in the nominated (or closely related3) occupation, and

2. providing evidence showing sufficient funds to cover settlement costs and living costs for at least three months.    

How do you go about these, can you give them a link where vacancies in your particular field are posted e.g. accountancy jobs in australia or what??

lets say one doesn't have much cash in their bank account, what else can be used as sufficient funds to cover settlement costs and living costs for at least three months evidence? Bank statements?

Bank statement & contact job agencies and ask for a document with relevant job opportunities?

2 hours ago, Naomihome said:

Hmm, I would ideally like an employer to sponsor the visa.

I did contact an agency and got an interested employer, but in a place I dont want to live.

I might be confused since I was checking out the US visas too.

It might be the US ones. For the PR Aussie ones you don't need a job.

2 hours ago, AccountantZ said:

@Naomihome, please advise me which agency you were dealing with, and of course, how much do they charge the job seeker...?............lol

The one I contacted is based in Perth, and others like Hays https://www.hays.com.au/ , I'm not sure if they deal in your job, I was looking at engineering jobs.

They don't charge the job seeker anything, they usually just ask the employer a % of your salary if you are appointed through them.

You can quite easily Google for your job opportunities and contact the job agency who listed the specific advert. 

Thanks for that. I am looking for Accounting opportunities you see, and i haven't come across a helpful site yet in terms of Accounting sponsored opportunities outside accounting firms.

Didnt they put a smaller cap on accountants recently? They're taking in less. When they reach the cap you cant get invitations anymore, but then you can claim back money spent on IETLS and registration at their authority.

1 hour ago, Naomihome said:

Didnt they put a smaller cap on accountants recently? They're taking in less. When they reach the cap you cant get invitations anymore, but then you can claim back money spent on IETLS and registration at their authority.

All expenses you incur on your Visa application are non refundable. Its a risk you are taking on your own. IELTS and assessment fees will not be reimbursed should you not get an invite. Worse still, even after getting an invite, and you lodge an application, pay all the application fees for the visa, there is no guarantee that your visa will be granted. They even put it on the website before you pay the hefty sums... I think the assumption is that you are invited based on the information you submitted in your EOI, so all you need to do is to submit evidence of it and you will get your visa. Thats why most people will use a migration agent, who will tell you before hand the chances of having a successful application, before spending the serious monies! Sometimes what you believe to be evidence of work experience is not acceptable to DIBP, and you are stuck unable to show "evidence of work experience".

It is a very expensive risk we assume here, but the rewards are huge!

Yes however another statement was released at the end of 2015 for accountants and the 2 other professions who were affected by the new cap.

Its only if you were affected by the sudden 'cap and cease'.

Apparently there are very few jobs for accountants atm it would prob be why you got the questions about proving that there are indeed jobs available before they invite you.

Edited by Naomihome

7 hours ago, AccountantZ said:

Thanks for that. I am looking for Accounting opportunities you see, and i haven't come across a helpful site yet in terms of Accounting sponsored opportunities outside accounting firms.

I don't think you'll find any sponsored accounting positions. Accounting is very popular and only more senior level auditors would be head hunted to Australia.  I'm in the accounting field myself and work with a lot of the mid tier firms so have seen first hand that they are overrun with graduates and would not need to offer sponsored positions.  In Oder to sponsor a position a business has to show that despite advertising they hadn't been able to find a suitable candidate. So sponsorship usually happens for scarce skills or very senior positions. 

• Like 1

I contacted Hays for my own purposes and I've had really positive feedback. They mentioned sponsorship straight off the bat. Problem is though that I dont want to move right now.

So I said I'd like to build up contacts for later when I submit my EOI and that I'd connect again at that time.

So I have a new silly question.

Do I still need to submit an EOI, and do I still need to qualify on skillselect before I go there (if I get a job beforehand)?

@Naomihome Please be aware, I would take what they say with a large dose of salt... I have never had a great impression of their "interest in an applicant"!.

If you could come here on a 189 or 190 it is miles better than coming on a 457. If you do come on a 457, you will still need to have all the documents required for applying for a 189 at a later stage.

Honestly, I would apply for the 189 if you are eligible and once you have that, then by all means take up Hays offer, make contact again, tell them you now have the right to work in Australia, and see what if anything, they will offer you.

• Like 1

@Mara Yes I thought about it and agree. While in UK I actually didnt get anything solid from Hays for months. They phoned me almost daily but kept asking me the most stupid questions since they couldn't understand my qualification and what I did.

I actually got a job through Hays at London City Gov, but when they finally got done with the paperwork it was a month later and I'd already moved from London to Oxford so I said no to the job.

Long story story short, I dont really trust them.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just received an ITA from WA, for the subclass 190 visa. Not sure now how best to get a contract from an employer. I understand the window is open for 28 days.

Can someone help if they know somewhere i can get accounting jobs for skilled migrants who are now at advanced visa application stages as i am?

Business services, (preparation of accounts etc). Though am exposed to areas like audit and tax, but not full time you see