Partner Visa (309) SA processing time

MattJ

Thank you Matto.

If your medical is also getting expired next month, then you'd have to also re-do your medical. Even with new PCC, but if your medical is getting expired, they would ask you to re-do it in case you can't travel within next few weeks before the expiry of your current medical

Seems as though the processing times have decreased slightly, it is now 16 months (down from 19) for 90% of cases to be processed in. 

https://www.border.gov.au/about/access-accountability/service-standards/global-visa-citizenship-processing-times

We are almost at month 11.

We got the grant yesterday morning!!! Woohoo...
This is such an exciting news for us and we can plan the future accordingly! So I provided the updated PCC last Wednesday so that I don't need to go mid of Sept 2017. Now with the new PCC, I may enter until 10 Mar 2018 (date my medical getting expired).
I'm planning to go mid of Dec though, however I'll have to negotiate with my employer.
We will definitely be back on this website of course as there are 2 further application to make.
Cheers

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, SelMru said:

This is such an exciting news for us and we can plan the future accordingly! So I provided the updated PCC last Wednesday so that I don't need to go mid of Sept 2017. Now with the new PCC, I may enter until 10 Mar 2018 (date my medical getting expired).
I'm planning to go mid of Dec though, however I'll have to negotiate with my employer.
We will definitely be back on this website of course as there are 2 further application to make.
Cheers

That's Awesome news !! Congratulations.. Wishing you all the best for the move etc.. Hopefully the rest of us will follow soon

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SelMru said:

Cheers

Amazing news! Congrats! Super envious but super happy for you. All the best with the adventures ahead 

• Like 1

Hi Dave, 

Just a little feedback regarding applying for a visitor visa while waiting for my partner visa ( my partner visa has been in the process for 6 months) 

I applied for a visitor visa for Australia at the end of Feb, we applied for the 1 year multi entry which our agent said was very likely that we would get granted, however we supplied a letter from myself and my husband explaining that we are currently waiting for the partner visa and that I wouldn't work or do anything to ruin my chances of obtaining my partner visa and they approved it. 

All the best with the rest of your visa process.

10 hours ago, Jezica said:

Hi Dave, 

Just a little feedback regarding applying for a visitor visa while waiting for my partner visa ( my partner visa has been in the process for 6 months) 

I applied for a visitor visa for Australia at the end of Feb, we applied for the 1 year multi entry which our agent said was very likely that we would get granted, however we supplied a letter from myself and my husband explaining that we are currently waiting for the partner visa and that I wouldn't work or do anything to ruin my chances of obtaining my partner visa and they approved it. 

All the best with the rest of your visa process.

Hi Jezica

Thanks for the response.

After much deliberation, we have decided to wait for the visa to be approved. I actually leave for Australia tomorrow on a two week holiday :)

Hopefully,  I receive some feedback soonest.

Thanks again.

Update from my side:

Case officer has been assigned with a request for some additional photos and a form 888. Such a relief!

So to give you guys an idea we lodged early October 2016 so it's been about 11 months.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HermanLJ said:

Update from my side:

Case officer has been assigned with a request for some additional photos and a form 888. Such a relief!

So to give you guys an idea we lodged early October 2016 so it's been about 11 months.

Great news. it seems as if they are attempting to conclude all cases before PCC and medicals expire.

As a matter of interest, is the case officer based in SA or AUS?

Edited by Dave3519

36 minutes ago, Dave3519 said:

Great news. it seems as if they are attempting to conclude all cases before PCC and medicals expire.

As a matter of interest, is the case officer based in SA or AUS?

Seems as though the case officer is based in SA (the address is Pretoria).

• Like 1

I am still baffled as to why I would receive a request for further information, honour the request in a timely fashion(specified time frame of 28 days), and then when I email the DIBP PTA office requesting an update they turn around and say a case officer has not been assigned as yet and my application will be processed within the global processing times. 

Surely, someone had to have opened and assessed my file to determine what was needed/missing? Mind boggling. 

@Dave3519 not necessarily, I am told that they have staff that check the files to see if all the required documentation is there, so that may be where the request came from. After this your file is handed over to a case officer, who may/may not, ask you for even more documentation.

It is disheartening, I know, but slowly goes the path to Australia... you need a lot of patience, or you will do your head in!

Hopefully your visa will arrive soon!

@Dave3519
I can tell you this much: Once you live in Australia you will look at DIBP in another light, and be happy that they check all the applications, for all the paperwork, as thoroughly as possible. I know as South Africans with the irritations of multiple stupid ineffective admin processed forced on us(FICA, banking...), we tend to react badly to any lengthy admin process and we start to suspect bribery and laziness. It's generally not the case in Australia, and the systems are thought out with the best intentions. Yes sometimes they mess something up, and after implementation the public goes: what were you thinking??? And often they actually amend it.

So just grin and bear it, smile and wave, and you'll get through. Oh! and they tend to go: no exceptions! So it's fair.

• Like 1

Hi All,

So we got the great news yesterday! 309 approved for my wife!

Our story - 

Lodged - 29 Sept 2016

Accepted - 14 Sept 2017

Initial date of entry - 26 April 2018 (Luckily)

We chose to redo the police clearance a few weeks ago and submitted on 5th Sept 2017. The medical would have expired in early Oct 2017.

We were never asked for additional information nor ever see that we were assigned a case officer. We literally had no correspondence since we lodged until acceptance. In our application we submitted countless pieces of evidence including the obvious, as well as - joint bank acc details, bank statement showing rental going out of account, hotel invoices, flight tickets, over 7 photos, 3 testimonials, love letters, rental agreement, proof of education via correspondence in Aus, Wills, life insurance beneficiary proof, group life beneficiary proof, Facebook screenshots etc... Our belief was to be as open and comprehensive as possible, no room for error.

I know of another couple who applied for 309/100 3 weeks before we did and they had their visa accepted within 10 minutes of ours. They received a 100. Very similar story to ours.

If I could give any advice it would be to be patient. I have made the mistake of literally sifting through forums, facebook pages, immigov website etc for information more often than I would want to admit, and constantly antagonizing over the unknown. Don't let the wait consume you, do what you can but just chill - It will come when it comes.  The processing time was nearly double what we expected but in the end we have the visa, the waiting stress is gone and we are the happiest couple.

Anyways, all the best to those waiting and good luck for the future move! 

• Like 3

Congratulations @Matto! Sure you guys are over the moon! Seems they sticking quite strictly to the stipulated waiting times.. Wishing you all the best fir the next phase

• Like 1

Hi All

I'm new to this forum and a recent participant to the visa process.  I read with great interest, trepidation and some confusions your comments and I thank you greatly for sharing your experiences.  My experience to date has been one of frustration. 

I am South African by birth but I am now an Australian citizen.  I met my now wife during a visit to SA in August last year.  We did the ldr thing and met up in Bali In December where I proposed (and she accepted).  She arrived in Australia in April 2017 on a three month visitor visa which was granted within a fortnight of lodging an application.  We married in Australia and spent the next three months together.  The intention was to file the partner visa application while she was still here however we since discovered that there was a no further stay on her visitor visa as a result of which she duly returned to SA in compliance with the visa conditions. 

Upon her return to SA she filed the Partner Visa application (subclass 309) and also files an application for a further visitor visa (subclass 600) to return to Australia to be with me for a period of 12 months while the 309 visa is being processed.  However, the 309 has since been declined on the basis that they were not satisfied that she would return to SA which I find ludicrous because she would have to be in SA to receive the Partner Visa 309.  In any event we have now made a further Visitor visa application 600 for a period of three months.  The application was lodged on 31 August 2017 and today being 21 September 2017 we have still not received a response.

Feeling quite despondent

58 minutes ago, TerryP said:

Hi All

I'm new to this forum and a recent participant to the visa process.  I read with great interest, trepidation and some confusions your comments and I thank you greatly for sharing your experiences.  My experience to date has been one of frustration. 

I am South African by birth but I am now an Australian citizen.  I met my now wife during a visit to SA in August last year.  We did the ldr thing and met up in Bali In December where I proposed (and she accepted).  She arrived in Australia in April 2017 on a three month visitor visa which was granted within a fortnight of lodging an application.  We married in Australia and spent the next three months together.  The intention was to file the partner visa application while she was still here however we since discovered that there was a no further stay on her visitor visa as a result of which she duly returned to SA in compliance with the visa conditions. 

Upon her return to SA she filed the Partner Visa application (subclass 309) and also files an application for a further visitor visa (subclass 600) to return to Australia to be with me for a period of 12 months while the 309 visa is being processed.  However, the 309 has since been declined on the basis that they were not satisfied that she would return to SA which I find ludicrous because she would have to be in SA to receive the Partner Visa 309.  In any event we have now made a further Visitor visa application 600 for a period of three months.  The application was lodged on 31 August 2017 and today being 21 September 2017 we have still not received a response.

Feeling quite despondent

I think at this stage you might want to talk to a migration agent. There are two on the forum, @TeeTMI and @SD_MOA. I know they have different areas of expertise, so maybe just drop them a line and see if they can give you any ideas.

17 hours ago, TerryP said:

Hi All

Feeling quite despondent

Did you mean the 600 was declined? They will decline it if they feel that the person does not have enough reason to return (eg job, house, family, etc).  

For my wife we submitted a document from her employer stating that she is currently employed there but coming to visit me for a month. Is there any way she can get something like that? As RedPanda said, it may be best to talk to an agent.

Edited by HermanLJ

3 hours ago, HermanLJ said:

They will decline it if they feel that the person does not have enough reason to return (eg job, house, family, etc).  

Yes this is the case.  And the partner visa takes quite some time to process to ensure that the relationship is genuine. One thing which might come up for you with the partner visa is that you have to have been in a defacto relationship for 12 months or more with shared bank accounts, address etc.  Since you only met in August 2016, had a long distant relationship for 9 months and then married (all under 12 months), you might have some extra hoops to jump through.  Just letting you know so that you can be prepared...

At 9:58 this morning I received an email from DIBP.. My heart almost stopped when I opened the attachment. My 309 Visa has been granted :D:D:D!!!!!

Its barely sunk in , I'm sure it will take a few days before it feels real..

My Timeline :

First submission : 11 Feb 2017 (medicals were done round about the 23th Jan )

PPC - just after submission in feb

Visa grant - 22 September 2017  (no co contact before hand )

First Entry before 23 Jan 2018

Wow im so excited !!!!! looking to leave for Aus in November if possible .. Lots to sort out now. Need to find a job etc..

For those of you who are still waiting , hang in there . it will come. @Dave3519 I'm sure yours will be next.

I absolutely cannot wait to start my new life with my wife in Aus!!

• Like 3

On 9/22/2017 at 1:41 PM, Wolflyle said:

At 9:58 this morning I received an email from DIBP.. My heart almost stopped when I opened the attachment. My 309 Visa has been granted :D:D:D!!!!!

Its barely sunk in , I'm sure it will take a few days before it feels real..

My Timeline :

First submission : 11 Feb 2017 (medicals were done round about the 23th Jan )

PPC - just after submission in feb

Visa grant - 22 September 2017  (no co contact before hand )

First Entry before 23 Jan 2018

Wow im so excited !!!!! looking to leave for Aus in November if possible .. Lots to sort out now. Need to find a job etc..

For those of you who are still waiting , hang in there . it will come. @Dave3519 I'm sure yours will be next.

I absolutely cannot wait to start my new life with my wife in Aus!!

Thanks man. Fingers Crossed. All the best with the move.