189/190's Lodged Nov 2015

JoleneW

Hi guys

Congrats to all that have applied for Visas and been assigned VPO's. That is great news.

We finally received invite today after waiting from the 15th September submission date of EOI. Am so so excited on this milestone and felt this was the right place to share :D

Will now complete Visa application and submit this weekend. We already got our PCC's. We applied on 24th Oct and it was ready on 20 November or so. My wife's PCC has her name and maiden surname where as her passport and id book have her name and married surname.  Should I re-apply and redo the PCC, will this cause an issue or not?

Good luck all!

On 11/30/2015, 1:02:20, GOOD2GO said:

We submitted our PCC applications on 23 November.... No SMS yet and also no record of our ID's on the webpage.

How long did they take for the rest of you?

Hi GOOD2GO

We didn't receive a sms when they loaded it on system. I just found it online on PCC website one day. But it was ready in less than 4 weeks. I submitted myself in PTA

3 minutes ago, TashyL said:

Congratulations on getting an invite Bobsa!! All the best for the journey ahead :)

TashyL

Your process of 5 months from assessment to Direct Grant must be one of the quickest. Congratulations. The dream is real

Congratulations Bobsa, all the best and here is to a direct grant submit everything that you can think of and all forms.

• Like 1

Congrats BobSA...at last! So happy for you and wishing you smooth sailing for the rest of the process.

• Like 1

We got a VPO assigned yesterday ( 4Dec 2015), and the email came along with the following extracts:

Additional evidence of your continued relationship with your spouse
It is noted that you have provided a marriage certificate. Please provide some additional evidence to demonstrate that you continue to be in a spousal relationship. Please see detailed information below for suggested evidence................. and also;

To assist in deciding your application the decision maker may have regard to any of the circumstances of your relationship with your spouse including: the financial aspects of the relationship, the nature of the household, the social aspects of the relationship and the nature of your commitment to each other

Now weare at a loss of which evidence to attach.We dont have any joint accounts, wills, all bills are in my name, etc. 

Any suggestions of what evidence I might supply please?

• Like 1

@goodmorning I was also concerned about what evidence to provide since the application is under my wife's name. Still not sure if all the evidence we submitted will be sufficient since we still have to be assessed but I found the following website very helpful: http://myaccessaustralia.com/partner-visa-evidencing-your-relationship-820-801-309-100-visa/ This means that any "formal" type of proof of relationship can also be used such as flight tickets, insurance policy beneficiary etc.

There was also a recent thread on this with some very helpful tips on how to structure the layout of your proof http://www.saaustralia.org/topic/45648-de-facto-proof-submission/#comment-414918

Edited by CyberJoe

On 12/3/2015, 5:30:15, BobSA said:

Hi GOOD2GO

We didn't receive a sms when they loaded it on system. I just found it online on PCC website one day. But it was ready in less than 4 weeks. I submitted myself in PTA

Hi @BobSA Was your PCC's ready in 4 weeks from submission or from the date it showed on their system?

@Hanliedb My Info is still not showing on the SAPS system. It has been 10 working days since hand-in. 14 days in total. 

We have also started to plan our activation/LSD trip.. Mainly for Budget purposes as we will wait for the Visas before booking.

Something strange that I discovered... When flying Qantas to Sydney, it is more expensive than flying to Perth... You might say "that sounds right" But the strange thing is that the flight to Perth is the same flight to Sydney but you need to get another connecting flight from Sydney to Perth. 

To rephrase ... You fly to Perth via Sydney and it is cheaper than the flight stopping in Sydney????

I don't understand the economics behind that...  

• Like 1

@goodmorning we were also requested to provide additional proof of our marriage!! Can I ask when you got married and when did you apply for the visa? I think they ask for this proof if you apply within a year of getting married? 

We supplied the following documentation but we haven't heard back from the CO...

1.      Certified marriage certificate

2.     Odendaal (husband) declaration

3.    Odendaal (wife) declaration with loads of pictures that I got from facebook (I screenshot the pics so that you can see the date that the pictures were uploaded)

4.     wife Odendaal benefits beneficiary list

5.      husband Odendaal benefits beneficiary list

6.      Post to the same PO Box

7.       Wife Odendaal ID card

8.      Antenuptial (with accrual) agreement

9.     Odendaal (husband's father) statement

10.   Wife's Mother statement)

11. Wife best friend statement

12.   husband best friend statement

13.   Statutory declaration (form 888) by wife brother

14.   Christmas card (2014) from husband to wife

15.   Birthday card (2015) from wife  to husband

16.   A wedding invitation that invites us both as a couple

17.   Our Marriage register that lists that my mother and his father were there to witness 

We also don't have a joint bank account and the only legal doc we have is our prenup...don't even have a will haha. 

I know it seems very daunting but you'll get through it. Just brainstorm and think of what you can provide to show that your relationship is genuine. 

Remember: Defacto couples need to prove they have been in a relationship for 12 months prior to application. Married couples don't - there is no specific required length of relationship prior to application. This is the only difference between the two..they BOTH need to prove the relationships are genuine and ongoing.

Good luck and pop me a pm if you get stuck. 

Edited by Odendaal
  • Like 1

Forgive me guys for straying off topic but I think I should share.

Since 1997 I have toyed with the idea of leaving South Africa for Australia for all the reasons that one hears everyday, the economy, the political situation, a deep dissatisfaction with the behaviour of my fellow citizens, the crime....... After 18 years of stalling and choosing to 'kick the can down the road' I finally decided to make some concrete steps towards moving myself, my wife and our 5 year old son to Australia. I know it will be hard say goodbye and leave. But now, at the age of 44, I cannot wait any longer if I am to make a success of the move. I am therefor proud to say that I am waiting for my Police clearance certificate and the allocation of my VPO and will hopefully soon have my visa. The butterflies are starting. I need to sell the house soon. There is a mountain of work to be done to tie things up here in South Africa. Will my wife miss her Mom and Dad and I my Mom so much that we will want to return? Am I doing the right thing? We have a fantastic home and are surrounded by wonderful friends. My son is so happy at his school. Why is the question 'Why leave?', which I am hearing from all my friends that I speak to, troubling me so?

The truth was revealed more clearly to me on Wednesday morning when after another restless night on the couch in the lounge I was wrenched from my sleep at 2 AM to the ballistic sound of my front door getting smashed down with a fearfull noise. At first I thought gunshots were piercing the safety glass in the front door and I bolted into an upright position to get out of the way of the shards of glass raining through the lounge. This was no exploding transformer or fireworks accident. I realised that this was the day that I and my family would be facing our destinies as it became horribly apparent that Lucifer was about to step into my house. MY HOUSE! I realised in the mayhem that I had been screaming for the past few seconds, a most primitively mortal yell. I had also tried to push the panic button on the wall in my son's playroom, but it did not sound the alarm. Then in burst four 'citizens' armed with pangas who proceeded to tie me up and frog march my wife through the house as they stole what ever they wanted. They threatened to kill us and abduct us if we didn't co operate. It was terrifying. They then stole my car and left.

I feel my story may be of assistance to those forumites both here and in Australia who have developed doubt in themselves over whether they are doing the right thing. For me, my will has been re energised. My doubts have been vaporised. My vision has been crystallised. There is no more 'Why?'. In its place there now sits a 'When?' and the answer to that is ' As soon as possible. 

• Like 3

@JandBwithR that Is just the kind of thing I fear every night... I have been in an armed robbery before, not in my home but in a video shop. The helplessness and fear one feels is one thing but seeing the fear in the eyes of your loved ones and not being able to do something is something completely different. 

For weeks now our area have been terrorised by a group of 4 to 6 men and during the last week things have gone quiet. The question is why, what are they planning,  when will they strike again. Now even more then ever I am on edge. The doors are locked by 18:30, the beams are switched on, the cameras are checked and we live like prisoners on our own property. 

I love the outdoors, hiking, cycling playing with my boys outside. But we lock ourselves up and then sit afraid and wait and hope they will pass by and pick on an easier target.

This is not the way I want my kids to grow up. I will do everything I can to give them freedom!

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family, the trauma is worse than the monetary loss.

It is also interesting to hear that most of us have the same questions and worries and go through the same ups and downs. 

All the best for your migration plans, I hope you get your visa soon.

Holding thumbs for you.

Edited by GOOD2GO
  • Like 1

On 12/7/2015 at 0:00 PM, GOOD2GO said:

Hi @BobSA Was your PCC's ready in 4 weeks from submission or from the date it showed on their system?

Hi GOOD@GO

Yes it was ready in 4 weeks. They seem to be quite efficient

On 12/7/2015 at 1:00 PM, Odendaal said:

@goodmorning we were also requested to provide additional proof of our marriage!! Can I ask when you got married and when did you apply for the visa? I think they ask for this proof if you apply within a year of getting married? 

We supplied the following documentation but we haven't heard back from the CO...

1.      Certified marriage certificate

2.     Odendaal (husband) declaration

3.    Odendaal (wife) declaration with loads of pictures that I got from facebook (I screenshot the pics so that you can see the date that the pictures were uploaded)

4.     wife Odendaal benefits beneficiary list

5.      husband Odendaal benefits beneficiary list

6.      Post to the same PO Box

7.       Wife Odendaal ID card

8.      Antenuptial (with accrual) agreement

9.     Odendaal (husband's father) statement

10.   Wife's Mother statement)

11. Wife best friend statement

12.   husband best friend statement

13.   Statutory declaration (form 888) by wife brother

14.   Christmas card (2014) from husband to wife

15.   Birthday card (2015) from wife  to husband

16.   A wedding invitation that invites us both as a couple

17.   Our Marriage register that lists that my mother and his father were there to witness 

We also don't have a joint bank account and the only legal doc we have is our prenup...don't even have a will haha. 

I know it seems very daunting but you'll get through it. Just brainstorm and think of what you can provide to show that your relationship is genuine. 

Remember: Defacto couples need to prove they have been in a relationship for 12 months prior to application. Married couples don't - there is no specific required length of relationship prior to application. This is the only difference between the two..they BOTH need to prove the relationships are genuine and ongoing.

Good luck and pop me a pm if you get stuck. 

Thanks for this Odendaal. Seems to me like if we do get closer they moight ask us for this and some good ideas of what to get ready and seek out just in case.

• Like 1

@Odendaal thanks very much for the Info. The tIme frame between our marriage certificate and visa application is definitely less than a year, although we married culturally (lobola) more than 2 years ago, and engaged more than 3 years ago. Nevertheless, I am busy gatherig all the info, from engagement ring receipts to bank statements, photos, etc.

Also having friends write up statements and a couple of form 888s.

Hoping to submit by Thursday 10th 

Before this additional request i had uploaded 55 out of 60 documents on my immi account, only 5 attachments left, but my wife still has so much space, so I guess I will upload the rest of the "proof" under my wife's attachments

Thanks

Edited by goodmorning

Hi Guys

We finally lodged today. JZ's madness has resulted in the rate kicking me in the teeth for the visa fee but I chose not to wait any longer. I assume i can now start uploading all the recommended documents on the IMMI account.

• Like 2

Sorry about the rate Bobsa, upload everything as soon as you can. Have you done the pcc's yet? If you haven't do as soon as possible, book for medicals and upload all documents so that you will get a direct grant, waiting for Vpo ain't nice at all.

2 minutes ago, Chips said:

Sorry about the rate Bobsa, upload everything as soon as you can. Have you done the pcc's yet? If you haven't do as soon as possible, book for medicals and upload all documents so that you will get a direct grant, waiting for Vpo ain't nice at all.

Thanks for the advice Chips. Yes thankfully I have done the PCC's already. Just need to now book medical exam. Have most of the documents ready. Just need to certify PCC's so I can upload and then hope for the best.

I hope you hear back soon as I know you been waiting for a while.

You really don't have to certify your police clearance Bobsa. Thanks hey but aĺl hope is finished now ;)

@BobSA you don't certify PCCs, like @Chips said,

see the following extract from border.gov.au

Unless asked to do otherwise, you should provide 'certified copies' of original documents, rather than the original documents.

'Certified copies' have been authorised (or stamped) as being true copies of originals, by a person or agency recognised by the law of the country in which you live. All departmental offices outside Australia have a person who can certify or witness documents. You may have to pay for this service.

Police certificates are the exception. You must provide original police certificates with your application.

• Like 1

Welcome to the wait @BobSA, glad you lodged today, pretty sure after the US federal reserve decision next week the rand is in for even a bigger slide. Not sure if you know about this site but it also provides an idea of when applications are processed: http://myimmitracker.com/ Trust me, the wait is painful so any information "feels" useful even if I am not sure how :D

Thanks @CyberJoe and @goodmorning for the advice. This having everything certified is a mission at work because people ask questions as to why you need these documents etc. I notice my wife's PCC has her maiden surname and not her married double-barreled one- i think this might cause issues and I will re-apply for another one now just in case to save time later.

If you didn't receive extra points for work experience is it still necessary to get references etc? I am just thinking getting acknowledgement of service would suffice.

Hi Bobsa,

I did not apply for points on work experience, however I added my IRP's dating back 5 years and also included my recent pay slips and contract of employment. I also just added the reference letters which I used for my skills assessment.