189/190's Lodged Nov 2015

JoleneW

Hi

So after many moons of stressing, anticipation, nervousness, excitement and waiting, we finally lodged our 189 Application last night. PCC's are ready to be collected, all documents have been uploaded (including Form 80) and its just the Medicals to do now.

So in celebration...I thought I would start a new thread for those lodging in November, so we don't have to hijack the October thread.

Good Luck to all, wishing you all direct grants for Christmas :ilikeit:

• Like 7

Congrats JoleneW, we lodged 189 on the 9th of November. Going to get finger prints today and will apply for PCC's next week. Then medicals. Toying with the idea of delaying medicals until December so that we may stay until the end of school (pre R) next year for my son. Advice on the forum says December is not such a good time to land in Aus though......

• Like 3

This Might be a stupid Question ... What is considered as a direct Grant?

This Might be a stupid Question ... What is considered as a direct Grant?

Hehehe... It hides on the forum.

A direct grant is one where you submit all of your paperwork/forms and the first contact you get from the Aussie side is your Grant email. If you get a direct grant, you never hear from your CO, and you aren't notified of being assigned one (presumably because you didn't have a CO for long enough to initiate the 'let the applicant know' notification mechanism.)

*Panda grins: That's what we got*

Last year, when things were still a bit more quiet.

• Like 2

Ok .. so it is the kind of visa that every Pro-active .. D.I.Y. visa applicant aim for :magic: . :ilikeit:

Back to applications. I have paid my last bill with the agent and transferred the funds to my credit card. Now I am just waiting for the agent to let me know when they have lodged my application.

This morning it dawned on me that it is no longer a dream and the reality is creeping ever closer.....

• Like 1

@ Good2Go I know exactly what you mean, suddenly everything has become very real, I couldn't even push the submit button I made hubby do it cause I was nervous seeing all those $$$ evaporating. Good luck with the rest of your process.

@RedPanda, I really hope we'll be as fortunate as you, I've tried to load every possible document I could think of in hope of receiving a Direct Grant.

@ JandBwith R, we hoping to make the move early next year so trying to get everything done a.s.a.p. Booked medicals for the 18th Nov. My youngest son is going to Grade 1 next year so timing is also going to be a bit off but I don't think the timing is ever perfect, you just have to do what works for your family. Good Luck.

• Like 1

I've heard it takes both sides to make a direct grant. The applicant needs to have every document correctly submitted, and clearly labeled (filename), and then hope the system works correctly for them. And the CO needs to be satisfied with it. So don't be hard on yourself if you think you did everything right and you don't get a direct grant, some things are not in your control, and sometimes you need a bit of luck to grease things along.

Good luck to you all!

• Like 3

Hi All. Just to give and update. Our Visa application was lodged Yesterday and I will try and book the medicals today.

We have a small speed bump.... My wife's degree certificates are all in Afrikaans so we need that translated ... or something, as we need to upload that as well.

Her Transcripts are in English and the degree "name" is the same in Afrikaans and English.

Because her mother language on her student profile was set to Afrikaans they issued all her certificates in Afrikaans.

Does someone have any experience regarding translation of certificates?

Congrats JoleneW, we lodged 189 on the 9th of November. Going to get finger prints today and will apply for PCC's next week. Then medicals. Toying with the idea of delaying medicals until December so that we may stay until the end of school (pre R) next year for my son. Advice on the forum says December is not such a good time to land in Aus though......

Hi @JandBwithR please see my post on medicals for children "medicals-for-children-mantoux-test-for-2-to-11-year-old"

I have booked our medicals for 13 November 2015 and our PCCs will follow ASAP.

• Like 1

Great news everyone I'm proud to announce that we are officially broke!! Just lodge our visa about 20 minutes ago! A lot of mixed emotions but so excited.

• Like 4

Congrats HanlieB, I know how that feels!

We received our PCC's today, correct with Maiden name. Just Medicals to go on Wednesday and we're done, then the real fun begins.

• Like 1

Hey there a little bit of a update, medicals are booked for Wednesday @ Hatmed. Yeah!! hopefully by the end of the week we will have the medicals and police clearance done. Good luck to everyone hope this week brings a lot of good news and excitement!

Hey there a little bit of a update, medicals are booked for Wednesday @ Hatmed. Yeah!! hopefully by the end of the week we will have the medicals and police clearance done. Good luck to everyone hope this week brings a lot of good news and excitement!

Do you know if their Sub-station is repaired yet, They can't do the x-rays while on generator!

We want to go back for the x-rays tomorrow -- should have gone today but we could not get someone to pickup the kids -- so we arranged for tomorrow.

I plan to take the police clearance forms in on Monday next week.

Does someone know how long it takes for the medicals to show on the immi account?

She didn't mention anything about the substation hopefully it's fixed by now, can't afford to take another days leave.

GOOD2GO the receptionist didn't mention anything about the substation hopefully it's fixed by now.

I wanted to ask about the police clearance after the fingerprints are done, does both parties have to be present when the forms are handed in at the police headquarters?

Greetings

I thought I would ask a few questions to those who recently lodged their visas. I just submitted my EOI on the 13th of November, and praying to be invited, hopefully by 20 Nov( the next round).

I am busy certifying all docs and the question of the photos came up. What exactly is required? Can I just take digital photos and crop them to be 45×35 and labell our names on top, or I got this totally wrong?

Also, what is this Form 80 I see some talking about, I haven't come across it in all my readings. Or will I see it as the process goes.

Regards

TS

GOOD2GO the receptionist didn't mention anything about the substation hopefully it's fixed by now.

I wanted to ask about the police clearance after the fingerprints are done, does both parties have to be present when the forms are handed in at the police headquarters?

You can even courier the documents to PTA so I believe it isn't necessary for both parties to be present when you hand in at PTA.

Just make sure you get proof of submission and when you collect you have to take the time to check the everything is correct before you leave .. Or you will have to go back again.

For married woman it seems to be essential that the maiden name is indicated on the certificate.

Do you know if their Sub-station is repaired yet, They can't do the x-rays while on generator!

We want to go back for the x-rays tomorrow -- should have gone today but we could not get someone to pickup the kids -- so we arranged for tomorrow.

I plan to take the police clearance forms in on Monday next week.

Does someone know how long it takes for the medicals to show on the immi account?

Did ours at Hatmead they showed after 2 days.

@goodmorning Form 80 is part of character assessment and you can download it here: https://www.border.gov.au/Forms/Documents/80.pdfOurs became available on the immi website as soon as we did our medicals.

@Hanliedb Even if the power is out for your x-rays, it is no big deal, they just send you to the PTA heart hospital. We were in and out of the hospital in under 20 minutes

We did ours on Friday, still not on our IMMI account so probably two / three working days from previous posts on the forum.

Good luck!

Bugger. Our medicals were uploaded by Hatmed today but since my wife had been in proximity to a worker who was diagnosed with TB back in 2008 the message on e-medical is now different for her.

The normal message:
All health examinations required for the specified visa subclass have been finalised. Processing of this person's visa application can now continue. This will not occur until a case officer investigates the case in line with published processing times for the visa that has been applied for. Do not contact the department about health examinations in the meantime.

The we are evaluating your condition message:

The required health examinations have been completed and submitted by the panel clinic to the department. This person's case will be processed or referred to the department's migration medical services provider, Bupa Medical Visa Services, for further assessment.

Phoned and made sure there was no problem from the SA side and all is good fortunately, no TB surprises. They say its standard procedure from the AUS side to confirm via the X-Ray no TB is present even if it is all the way back in 2008. Only thing is, I have this sneaking suspicion we just lost out on our direct grant since our CO was also assigned today!! :excl: Nothing to do but wait and see how it plays out.....

Hope the rest of your medicals came back clean and healthy!

CyberJoe, CONGRATS on the CO!! That was really quick! :)

I am certain all will go well with the medicals! Did your CO ask for anything else?

• Like 1

Congratulations on the CO/Vpo Cyberjoe hope you won't have to wait long for the golden mail.

Hi Tashy & Chips

Nope, other than the letter stating that a VPO ( I keep saying CO ) has been assigned, not a peep. Suppose that is a good thing at least but then again, I uploaded so much beforehand, they probably are still working their way through most of it. Are you still waiting for your PCC, feels like it is more than a month now?

Thank you Chips. A question out of pure curiosity, I cant seem to find form 1399 anywhere. What does it involve?

Edited by CyberJoe