190 visa work experience

vzdike

Hi

I am a qualified middle school teacher (B Prim Ed senior Primary) My skill was assessed by AITSL as a primary school teacher. I have experience teaching at primary school level from 1993-2011. Since 2012 I am teaching at a High School (Secondary School)

Will I be able to successfully claim points for work experience? Will the work experience at secondary school level be seen as work experience in a closely related skilled occupation? ( This is outside Australia)

Looking forward to your reply

Kind Regards

Primary school teachers are not on the List of occupations and you will not get a visa if you apply as primary teacher. It will all boil down to your prac teaching and what ages your taught. Contact one of the migration agents on here because I don't think it will be worth applying with a primary ed degree. only early ed (pre primary) and secondary ed degrees will get you a visa as far as I know.

Primary School Teacher (ANZSCO 241213)was accidently omitted by the department on 1 July 2015 and is on the CSOL.

Primary School Teacher (ANZSCO 241213)was accidently omitted by the department on 1 July 2015 and is on the CSOL.

A closer read of the rules for each state for state sponsored visa will be required because I recollect that only Australian qualifications as primary teacher were considered. Please ask for an assessment from one of the agents on here.

Primary School Teacher is also on the list of four States. Each State has its own requirements, the first of which is obviously that you have had your skills assessed by AITSL, which you have done.

@Judge

Yes I had my skills succesfully assessed by AITSL. They also approved all my experience including the 4 years at secondary school on my work statement? Will IMMI also accept it my work experience at secondary school as relevant? As it is a closely related ocupation?

Typically a closely related occupation is something you would need the same qualification for.

Excuse the IT example... If I studied a course on general database management and managed an Oracle database for 2 years, then a Microsoft database for 4 years. Then yes, they are closely related.

If I had done a course on how to manage an Oracle database only, then my experience with Microsoft's database won't count. In that case I might have to apply as an Oracle Database engineer, so Microsoft experience is useless.

But as always, ask an agent as I am not one myself ;)

@RYLC

I qualify for chain migration that South Australia offers? So basically that opens alot more occupations to me as I then have access to the Supplementary Skilled list they offer?

@Monsta

I had direct message an agent but they are not answering me :( But as the skilled assessing autority approved all my work experience 22 years it must be closely related then. Will I then be able to claim for 15 points work experience?

Edited by vzdike

Looks interesting. If I'm reading it correctly you can then come as a primary teacher if you have a family member residing in South Australia. I hope it works out for you as primary teaching jobs are scarce and mostly contract based at best so not permanent. My husband is a teacher and has to scramble each year for work. Some years he only gets part time and it has been at a different school each year.

@RYLC

Yes that is correct! My brother is a Aussie Citizen residing in South Australia. Had just lodge SS for South Australia 3 weeks back.Well I am prepared to do anything in Australia to offer my children a better future! As long as we get there. I do not have to work in the ocupation they sponsored me on? Or am I wrong in saying this? I would love to teach there but if I fail to secure employment I will do anything.

You do not perhaps have info for me on my post about proving dependency of my 18 year old son. A link to the post http://www.saaustralia.org/index.php/topic/45934-dependency-of-my-son-18-years-old/#entry418821

Edited by vzdike