189/190's Lodged October 2015

Ramses

@LisaActually I didn't mean to be negative and make the NT sound bad sorry...I was just surprised that I hadn't heard of anyone going for State Sponsorship there. Tropical Australia sounds awesome though....the saltwater crocs sound scary!! So no sunbathing on Darwins beaches then? :blink:

@SML All the best with your 190 WA Visa Application!!

@TashyL I decided to make my appointment at Intercare Tygervalley in the end, as I read somewhere on the forum that they are abit more organised and tech savvy than Cape Town CBD medical practice. Good luck with your medicals tomorrow, please let me know how it went!!

@Marra I am with Migrate2Oz, a registered MARA agent, who have done an excellent job so far. However, if I had found this forum before signing up with the agent I wouldve probably done the application by myself as its pretty straightforward. If you dont mind reading through all the information on the Australia Border website, which literally has all the information you need for a 189/190/489 application, and your application has no complications then "flying solo" is a safe option. Most agents let you pay in stages as the application progresses. Paying all the money upfront is quite a tall ask unless they are willing to offer you a discount of some sort. I suggest you contact the agents that Red Panda suggested for a free assessment and make a decision from there. All the best with your application.

So my next challenge is finding a forumite that has got a 190 Visa sponsored by Tasmania?? :magic:

• Like 1

No problem at all Ramses! As I said it wasn't our first choice, but we will make the most of it.

Lisa

Hi all

Got the invite on the 23rd of October. Will be submitting application in the next few days. Money well spent.

So my next challenge is finding a forumite that has got a 190 Visa sponsored by Tasmania?? :magic:

Hhhhey, we're not pokémon, you know! :jester:

Medicals done, we saw Dr Van Der Spuy, and for the 4 of us, we were done in 2 hours. Dr says everything looks good so I hope that it is. I was so nervous, but happy it is over, praying everything is ok!

Nevetec say my police clearance should be ready by end of next week, then all is done and dusted....and we join in on the long wait.

Got our PCC's! And they are correct. Could not believe it! To any unlucky person out there who has to go into town to collect them. GOOD LUCK! I can only offer the following advice:

GO AFTER 18:00 or on a Saturday / Sunday. Anything other than that is absolute madness. The queue literally stood out the door when I decided to pop in this morning.

Edited by CyberJoe
  • Like 2

Then I suppose there really is A LOT more interest in emigration that anyone official is letting on. Because last year June when we did ours the place (Pretoria CBD) was rather quiet. It had a few people there coming and going, but not really a queue. And that was all the times we tried, mostly in the week afternoons, about 3-4pm.

Then I suppose there really is A LOT more interest in emigration that anyone official is letting on. Because last year June when we did ours the place (Pretoria CBD) was rather quiet. It had a few people there coming and going, but not really a queue. And that was all the times we tried, mostly in the week afternoons, about 3-4pm.

I heard numbers are up 7X compared to last year.

I heard numbers are up 7X compared to last year.

That's the 'official' number, I'm willing to bet it's rather higher than that.

• Like 2

@TashyL, Yes, we lodged yesterday since we got our PCCs. Suppose I should start a NOV thread but sure you all don’t mind us gatecrashing! I was worried about obtaining my PCC since I held secret clearance for a job and was concerned there might be complications. Clearly not since I got it, so hope anyone else reading this post does not let it hold them back :ilikeit:

I definitely think there is a lot more people applying for immigration who need their PCCs but the lady at the counter said that Dept of Home Affairs for some reason has now also made people apply for a PCC before they can be considered for social benefits etc. She said that caused the volume in the office to increase tenfold despite the fact that they have hired additional staff. Not really sure why DHA made the change but it clearly caught the SAPS group off guard.

Good luck for the medicals! Were booked for the 12th and of course I am nervous. Feels crazy risky to do the medical AFTER you paid the application fee but of course a week earlier applied for is not to be sneezed at!

Ps: Have you people looked at that form 1221? GOOD GRIEF! Just thinking of filling it in makes me want to go take a nap :sleep1:

I think maybe the group name should change to Oct/Nov....@-Ramses are you able to update it? Most of us have lodged towards end oct, so our timelelines should be close enough.

@CybeJoe, we completedthe 1221 for my husband as it was recommended for him. If you think that form is bad, try completing the Form80, TWICE! I nearly died!!! Its the worst and I made so many mistakes, I ended up using a correction pen too. You need to state all employed and unemployed periods of your entire life. But u got through it, it took us forever.

Only one more thing we need, Nevetec says

Our pcc's will be ready next week, then we are done.

Our medicals are now updated,so once that's ready....we wait patiently :)

Good luck everyone!

We decided to do everything ourselves as we didn't have an extra $3200! I think it's quite a simple application but only time will tell!?

Every time an e-mail comes through, I hold my breath! So silly as its only been 5 weeks!

The medicals guy in Durban said they have been incredibly busy with emigration medicals this year! Seems that a lots of people have been applying this year!

Happy weekend all!

• Like 1

@RedPanda Gotta Catch 'Em All :jester: I was actually keen on moving to Tassie after seeing how beautiful it was on Masterchef Australia. Unfortunately my occupation is only on the CSOL of South Australia...so have to go to SA...but I'm grateful for the opportunity to get a chance to start over in Australia. Doing it all by myself so abit nervous but I'm sure I'll make it work...if I can survive 18 months in the UK (at age 19), I'm sure at age 29 it will be even easier in a foreign country!!

@Belinda01 All the best with your application!! But how did you manage to do the medical before lodging?

@CyberJoe Welcome to the Lodging Club!! :ilikeit: Glad to hear that your PCCs are correct and that everything is going well wrt to your application. All the best with your medicals this week and good luck with the waiting game after that. I'm sure all of us in this post will have our visas before Christmas.

@TashyL Glad to hear that your medicals went well. I had to change my date to the 19th November due to work commitments. So now I am going to Intercare Tygervalley, as the CBD Medical Office is booked for that week. So how would you rate the experience overall? Anything scary? Friendly Staff? Its been 2 weeks and I havent received an sms from SAPS regarding my PCC yet and when I check on the website theres no record of my PCC...any advice? I'm going to call Nevetec on Monday to find out whats happening. I hope my application wasnt lost... :cry:I'm not sure how to change to post name? @RedPanda any idea?

I personally think the fact that you can only do your medicals after lodging is abit unfair and risky, as what if you have some underlying medical issue that you werent aware of and you fail the medical and you lose $3600!! It would be nice if they gave you a choice of doing it 2 weeks to a month before lodging just to see if you would pass before paying all that money!

Have a good weekend all!!

• Like 1

@TashyL Glad to hear that your medicals went well. I had to change my date to the 19th November due to work commitments. So now I am going to Intercare Tygervalley, as the CBD Medical Office is booked for that week. So how would you rate the experience overall? Anything scary? Friendly Staff? Its been 2 weeks and I havent received an sms from SAPS regarding my PCC yet and when I check on the website theres no record of my PCC...any advice? I'm going to call Nevetec on Monday to find out whats happening. I hope my application wasnt lost... :cry:I'm not sure how to change to post name? @RedPanda any idea?

I personally think the fact that you can only do your medicals after lodging is abit unfair and risky, as what if you have some underlying medical issue that you werent aware of and you fail the medical and you lose $3600!! It would be nice if they gave you a choice of doing it 2 weeks to a month before lodging just to see if you would pass before paying all that money!

Have a good weekend all!!

Hi Ramses,

The Tygeralley staff are lovely, they are friendly and take you through to do all the tests before seeing your Dr. The Dr's are also very good, and helpful. Our medicals were loaded on Friday some time, so it didn't take them long either. I think it was definitely worth the loads of money we spent :)

You are able to get your medicals before the time, I think you register with E-Medical before the time and get a HPA ID, and then you can front load the medicals yourself.

I called Steven ( could have the name wrong) at Nevetec as I applied on the 13th and it only reflected the 24th. He advised that most times they are slow to capture on the system. They send it over to PTA and it is hand delivered the Friday after you submit it to their offices, so they will ensure you receive the PCC within the 5 weeks (max). So based on that I will get mine on Friday.

They are approachable so you can definitely call them and just follow up. If there is an issue, they will sort it out for you. I just feel content that I can call them if I have a query, and all for just a R250.

All the best with your medicals, it really is not that bad. :)

• Like 1

Hi all, quick question. If you submit a EOI for 189, and receive the invite, is this any guarantee that a visa will be granted? I guess my question is, when will you know Oz is in the cards for you, apart from actual touchdown, or must you just anticipate and wait until the document is in your hand?? :sleep1:

Because off where we live in canada and snow falling like crazy this time off the year we asked our agent to create our Hap id's in August so we dont have to drive 8 hr's in snowy conditions to our panel physician. When submitting your visa they somehow link your HAP id to the visa.

@Duke1989 Unfortunately the invite is just that. An invite. There is no guarantee that you will be awarded a VISA should you proceed with the process. And no, there is no refund should you fail the VISA application.

Not all doom and gloom though. From the many people who have posted on this forum, I have only read about one or two who had problems once they applied. Good luck! :ilikeit:

So I applied for a job today, prayers are welcome. My company recently took ownership of an Australian company and I decided what the hell...if is meant to be it will be....prayers still welcome though.

• Like 3

@ TashyL- I sincerely pray ALL goes well for you!

Need some advice again good people.... My 189 Visa was lodged on 30 October 2015. Is it advisable to wait till my CO is appointed to do my medicals or should I go ahead now?

• Like 1

We did the medicals as soon as we got our medical reference number. For a 189 I don't see the point in waiting. Especially if you have done your PCCs already?

The only advantage as far as I know is if you need your activation date to be as late as possible, because they base that on your medical and PCC dates, one year after the first of those were done.

Go right ahead and get the medicals done and upload everything that you can and get a direct grant. Waiting for a case officer to come back is so stressful and frustrating.

It really is up to you, I chose to go earlier before CO gets assigned. If u have kids give them loads of water.