189/190's Lodged October 2015

Ramses

Hi All,

I decided to start a new thread for those that lodged their skilled visa application in October. I lodged my 190 visa application (South Australia sponsored) yesterday (28th October 2015) and now the final waiting period can begin!! I applied for my PCC on the 26th October with Nevetec and am planning to do my medicals towards the end of November. Anyone else keen to share their timeline?

• Like 2

I Lodged 25th :) Medicals booked 17th, PCC's applied via Nevetec on 13th only received sms on 24th from SAPS. I hope I receive it within the 5 weeks from drop off date.

• Like 2

Hi Tashy,

All the best with your visa application. Hopefully we both receive our PCCs way before the 5 week mark!! Glad to hear that you got confirmation from SAPS as well. The waiting game is driving me bonkers!! So glad that we on the home stretch now though!! Holding thumbs for a visa grant before Christmas.

• Like 1

Whoot.. we have our own thread!

We have submitted EOI on the 7th Oct received our invite on the 9th Oct. After pondering if we should wait for all documents or not we decided that we will lodge this weekend and hope for the best. Still waiting for that pesky PCC and of course our Unabridged Marriage Certificate. Can you believe the UMC has been in process for FOUR months? Every-time I ask about the status I have to hear that I must please be patient, it is a manual process! In less time AUS has done skills assessments, Veterinarian registration, EOI processing and issued an invitation!! Taking it as a sign of better things to come :ilikeit:

PCC should arrive next week if all goes well, we submitted the 10th Oct and it reflected on their system the 13th Oct. Based on the Aug timeline thread, it takes approx three to four weeks if hand delivered to their offices.

Good luck to you all!

• Like 2

Submitted PCC's application to PTA office on 3 Oct, and got them back completed and correct (using doc assist) yesterday 28 Oct. 18 working days, good going.

• Like 2

CyberJoe l have seen quite a few people how got grants without the unabridged marriage certificate,just upload the one you have while you wait. All the best with your application.

I submitted my EOI for a 190 for NSW on the 15th of October. Received an invitation to apply on the 29th. Replied and paid the same day. I'm bit confused as to when I can consider my visa as "lodged"? I was only requested to pay $300, not the ~$3,000 and no mention of doing medicals or a request for police clearance. I'm I missing a step here?

I submitted my EOI for a 190 for NSW on the 15th of October. Received an invitation to apply on the 29th. Replied and paid the same day. I'm bit confused as to when I can consider my visa as "lodged"? I was only requested to pay $300, not the ~$3,000 and no mention of doing medicals or a request for police clearance. I'm I missing a step here?

That $300 you paid for is for state nomination, once they are done they will send an invitation to your email to apply for a visa that's when you do the medicals PCC and all the uploading all the documents. Hope it makes sense

@Dave the NSW process is on their website, take a look and just a bit of an estimate, I got my final invite about 25days after sending my application. They are quite random though so it could be earlier of longer. You will then also see that your eoi status changes to "invited" and you will be able to lodge an application. All the best :)

@chips I agree it might not be a necessity right now but I want to obtain it since we only have the original hand written note given to us when we got married. I wanted to apply for a abridged version but was told I still need to hand in form BI-30 required for the unabridged version so still screwed there.

But all is not lost, think I made some progress today. The pastor we used could not give me a copy since his book was full and he returned it to home affairs back in 2010. So supposedly the idea of the book system is that one copy goes to head office and the book goes to storage if they ever need it. Turns out, the books just ends up on some random pile in a office at the branch your pastor gives it back to. They don’t send it back to head office "at present" since there is a backlog of filing at HO. I took a chance and drove to the DHA office where our pastor returned the book in 2010 and after "negotiations about access" I was R50 poorer but could search the "office" for a copy. Was lucky and found it after not too long. Made my copy, drove back to the Centurion office and now I wait again. They promised it will be ready next week.

I would laugh if it was not so damn sad the state these offices are in. All in all it just reaffirms my conviction that I want to leave RSA and join a nation that wants to make something work. Hell, even if it is just their paperwork that works at the very least :ilikeit:

• Like 2

Yeah, I always think if the Aussies knew how things were done here they wouldn't accept anything that comes from RSA, including our drivers licenses.

I submitted EOI on 12 October for 190 Visa to Queensland. I decided to hold back on the PCC and medical until January, since I only want to move Jan 2017.

@DavePE and @CyberJoe, I don't think you realize how lucky you are to receive invites so quickly. Congrats!! There are some members who have been waiting a very long time.

I also only have the hand written marriage certificate, so please keep us updated.

Good Luck all

@Cyberjoe Sorry to hear all the trouble that you going through to get your UMC!! Its quite ridiculous the amount of time it takes to get simple printed documents from a government office here. I was shocked when I applied for my UK PCC on the 6th October and it was DISPATCHED from the UK on the 9th October (even though UK Police website says 10 working days). But then our lovely SA Post Office, only delivered my registered mail on the 28th October!! I can't handle these inefficient SA government run companies anymore!! All the best with the rest of your application!! Keep the champagne on ice so long...

@Pink & @Eduan...Wishing you all the best with the final step of your visa application.

So far we have people in this group moving to South Australia, NSW, Queensland and I know Red Panda will be going to Victoria....Are there any people going to WA or NT? Don't think I've ever come across anyone on this forum going to NT? Is Darwin that bad?

@TashyL I thought you booked your medicals for the 17th Nov?? I'm booked for the 23 November!! I'm already panicking for my medical as I have a fear of needles :stretcher: , so not sure how I'm going to handle it on the day!! Btw is Form 26 and 160 still needed? Or are those Forms from an older/previous system? As I only generated a referral letter...

Thanks Ramses

I'm also feeling a bit anxious about the medicals but members on the forum have reassured me that it's not as traumatizing as we think.

All the best!

• Like 1

Hey Ramses, I have work obligations on that day so had to move it. I also decided the sooner the better, I am already stressing!!! Where are you going for your medicals?

Ramses they is someone a lady who recently got a 489 grant from NT can't remember her name sorry just check the forum.

@Ramses no idea if NT is that bad. Pretty sure it wont be, only reason we chose NSW is proximity to family and my need to work in a city. Not too much work for IT people out in the sticks :jester: And of course.. the heat. I suck at tropical conditions which NT has in spades apparently! But hey, sure of the two of us you will have the better tan come summer :ilikeit:

Hi Ramses

We recently got our 489 sponsored by the NT. no idea if it's that bad as we haven't been before, plan to move June next year. It's the only state that would sponsor us and for that we are extremely grateful.

Coming from Durban I'm not scared of the heat..... The saltwater crocs on the other hand .......

• Like 2

Hi all,

we are in WA on 457 & have lodged WA SS190 on 1/10/2015. We have frontloaded everything and had medicals on 7/10/2015.

Holding thumbs that we have it before the end of the year!

Good luck to everyone!

• Like 1

Good Morning, I am new to the forum and find everything extremely interesting.

We have made the decision to take the big step and go through the process. (I have done some research). There is however one question that I will appreciate if someone can assist me with this:

1. Did you do the entire process on your own?

2. Did you make use of a Migration Agency (I have contacted a few but they all want between 40k and 50k upfront before even starting with the process).

Please give me advise? Make use of an Agency or Do it yourself?

Thanks a mil!

Please give me advise? Make use of an Agency or Do it yourself?

I did our 189 visa application myself, no problems. BUT it was a very straightforward case, with no possible disputes or ambiguities about how many points and for what we could claim.

My recommendation is that you read up everything about the visa that you want to apply for, then do a mock-application for yourself and count up your points. If you can make the required mark (60 for most occupations, more for a few, like accounting that has gone pro rata) without any 'maybe they will recognise this, maybe not', then you can do the whole thing yourself.

If you run into anything where you realise that your case will not be simple, start talking to a migration agent. Sometimes you can see them for an assessment session only, that is a lot cheaper, or you can collect all your proof and documents and just ask them to check it for you before you lodge EOI, this is also much cheaper.

Migration agents don't generally get your stuff for you, they just tell you what to get and check that everything is there and correct before you apply. They also assist in cases where things are unclear.

So I'd say weigh up your own case and gauge how complicated it will be, and take things from there.

To my knowledge there is no difference in the chance of getting a grant, between doing it yourself and using an agent. You just have help with putting together your application with an agent. If you are interested there are two agent on the forum Tee_TMI and SD_MOA, and they answer personal messages. You can ask them what exactly an agent will and will not do for clients.