ottg

That time again for the Traditional South African Bazaar again

Date: 31 October

Time: From 11AM

Where: Mindarie Primary School
90 Rothesay Heights,
Mindarie

Perth

The usual fare of Puddings, Pancakes, Curry and Rice, Biltong, Face Painting ,Koeksisters , games , Braai Vleis etc will be available

Hope to see you there.

Edited by ottg

Just for interest sake. The Roseville Presbyterian church in Sydney, that hold Afrikaans services regularly, had their bazaar on Sat. We always go to support them and get pannekoeke, boerewors rolls and beskuit. They share the church with a Korean group, so there is always Korean take away food to buy. We currently working our way through vegetable pickles that is threatening to burn my face off, in a scary/good way. They are Roseville Presbyterian on facebook.

• Like 1

I miss my Biltong :-(. And Clover Gouda Cheese. And would kill KILL for a proper braai. Lol, seriously, the stuff we miss.

I miss my Biltong :-(. And Clover Gouda Cheese. And would kill KILL for a proper braai. Lol, seriously, the stuff we miss.

JEMS, whats stopping you from having a proper braai? We still braai with wood, in a half a metal drum ( husband + angle-grinder). We buy the greatest Grabouw wors in Sydney (visitors from RSA comment on it), make braaibroodjies, husband makes pap (for his own consuption), drink Savannas round the fire etc. I would guess thats even more South African than we did it back there. Even the biltong for sale in Sydney is excellent, some of the places will post it to you if bought online. Google Springbok Delights.

We still need to sort out a braai space at our house :-(

And I have heard of Stanley's Butchery, I think, In St Ives, that apparently sells SA stuff, including biltong. It is just something that was so readily available back home and now seems like something you have to go hunting for, lol.

I am getting over that sense of unfamiliarity that I had when we first landed. Sunday will be a whole month that we have been here already.

Sorry, cant see where you live on my phone. Yes, Stanley is one shop, but there are loads of them. You are never far from a supplier in Sydney.