JadeWilks

Last year I posted an experience my husband and I had with Roland from itouch resume writers (a CV writing company in Australia) (http://www.resume-solutions.com.au) you can find the link to the forum. http://www.saaustralia.org/index.php/topic/42838-my-professional-cv-by-itouch-resume-writers/. I know some of the gold and platinum members also used Roland and the feedback looks fab - so do mention SAA when you contact him.

I've had a number of PM (private messages) come through and the price I paid was around AUD380 I think. Also, my strategy was to apply for jobs about 8 weeks before we arrived, with a note on the cover letter confirming dates of arrival. I found more results in the industry I worked and better results the nearer the time of arrival.

The CV did make a huge difference as I didn't need to compromise my level of experience - the role I got was pretty much a step up. Also, a tip I was given was to be particular on the roles to apply for as opposed to sending it to every agency each week.. This worked well for me.

Keen to hear your experiences. :ilikeit:

JW

• Like 3

Thanks, I'm saving this link for next year, just before we go over. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Good day,

Have anybody used Melbourne resume's or Roz Fisher, I'm also in the process of finding advice on my resume and not 100% sure who to trust and who to use, any advice please?

Thank you

• 5 weeks later...

Hi All. Just some feedback. I just received my updated CV back from Roland Coombes at http://www.resume-solutions.com.au/, and I must say that I am very happy with what he has done. My CV was reduced to 3 pages (from 8) and he has managed to capture all my core skills perfectly. He will now also be doing my LinkedIn profile. I can recommend him any time.

• Like 1

Hi Guys,

I used Roland from itouch and I must say his work was excellent, I would recommend him anytime. Thanks

My husband also used Roland. The cv was fantastic and he he now is working in Melbourne. I also know another forum members husband Brids that wasn't getting anywhere with his old cv but once Roland had redone his he got a Job within a week.

I have heard good reports on the facebook page regarding Roz Fisher, but not sure if her CV is basic. She only charges about 150 dollars which is alit cheaper than Roland, but cost does not mean quality. Maybe ask.on the FB page on feedback. Another resume writer I can recommend is Carolyn smith. She also does selection criteria. Hope this helps ?

Thank you for the advice, I also went ahead with Roland. Jip it looks great.

Please can you maybe advise me on the sites you used for job hunting? any tips?

VanTonder....my husband used seek.com mainly and that's where he set up his account and applied for the job where he us working now.

There are many sites

Careerone

Also set up a LinkedIn account and network as much as you can.There are many posts in job hunting on the site that will give you plenty of tips. ? Good luck in your search.

• 9 months later...

Hi there, just wondering if anyone has seen problems with trying to use an SA Linkedin profile with the Australian market?

Regards

JW

• 10 months later...

So for anyone looking to change their LinkedIn profile to Australia, be careful. I accidently wiped my profile and it's taken ages to rebuilt my references and network. Just a word or precaution for others, take copies and backup!. Good luck.,