Dual citizenship...

Eyebrow

Ja, I saw it on Facebook this morning. Idiots.

Heard about this earlier today, but not really a big deal given that it only costs a few hundred to reapply for citizenship (for anyone born in South Africa who may want to return to live here at some stage). You'll always have immediate PR on your return until the citizenship app is processed.

It's a little 'let them leave' for my liking, almost as a punishment to those who've chosen to live elsewhere. But so be it.

Well, the difference is revoking citizenship is lot more of a political issue than changing the criteria for getting a PR.

I know the brain drain is a massive problem. In terms of the long term impact it will have on the poor, its arguably bigger than Apartheid.

Sure we could sit here and call the ANC iddiots who completely ignore economists. But my pastor said to avoid taking extreme political positions. They often just make things worse.

So given the ANCs pressure to take jobs from whites and to give them to deserving and undeserving blacks (who may actually vote for them). I don't have a nice, middle if the political road, answer.

Edited by monsta
  • Like 2

Well, the ANC says it's not on the cards http://ewn.co.za/2015/09/11/ANC-No-intention-to-review-dual-citizenship- so expect it next week or so.

ME, cynical? Nope!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I would pay for them to take mine away. Cant understand a group of so called leaders who would chase away so much of their tax base and or investors. But that is communism for you, you eventually run out of other peoples money as the saying goes.

In 28 days I can put in my Aussie citizen application s the ANC can do what they like. I am just waiting for them to confirm my tax is finally settled and I will be deregistered as a taxpayer. A four year fight to get here. As soon as they confirm I am de-registered, I will share the method with you boys and girls because to my knowledge I will be the first living person to have done so. (Your number stays, but your account shows de-registered) :jester::jester:

In the end they tried to nail me a 10K penalty for not settling my final amount in time. Hahah, I sent them their OWN email back where they said, "We will get back to you" That was 2012. I pinged them the other day and the arrogant sods said to me "We tried to contact you many times" My answer? BS mate, show me the proof!!!

Here are my 150+ email records of my interaction with SARS, all done within 24 hours of getting an email from SARS. So bugger off with your crap. Where is your proof SARS? NO REPLY.

I then got an email to say I must send them a request to withdraw the penalty with a reason.

My reply: You said you would get back to me, that was 3 years ago,. You have NO proof of contact. I have no control over SARS internal processes. My rights are prejudiced. SO can the penalty. Lets see if they warm to my lovely prose. PMSL. Their arrogance and bullying astound me.

• Like 1

@Surferman, I always thought the government was fantastic at maths. You leave the country, your job goes to a black person. Then 100 other blacks see this and vote ANC, in the hopes they can get a job.

So, your final payment to RSA is +-100 ANC votes.

P.S. You can even say 101. The guy or lady who got your old job won't be suitable, so they will keep voting ANC so they don't loose their good job.

• Like 1

Hi Monsta,

The irony of it was wen I left, my former boss lamented my departure (He is emigrating next year too) in the end he had to replace me with 4 people who still vould not do what I did I a single day....Go figure.

I am just waiting for them to confirm my tax is finally settled and I will be deregistered as a taxpayer. A four year fight to get here. As soon as they confirm I am de-registered, I will share the method with you boys and girls because to my knowledge I will be the first living person to have done so. (Your number stays, but your account shows de-registered) :jester::jester:

Surferman, if you manage to achieve de-registration from SARS , by the authority vested in me, I will award you the Victoria Cross of Persistence for defeating South African bureaucracy! :ilikeit: This is far more prestigious than the Distinguished Service order of stubbornness for cancelling a TV licence with the SABC! :jester::jester:

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, don't mock the SABC. They are just struggling to pay their black men a decent salary! Three million Rand only go so far these days.

I mean three million Rand surely couldn't buy more than 100 low cost houses, or save a more than a dozen lives.

That's peanuts compared to the benefit of South Africa being "mzansi fo sho!"

I am referring to this article

http://mybroadband.co.za/news/broadcasting/139734-sabc-coo-hlaudi-motsoeneng-gets-a-million-rand-pay-increase.html

Edited by monsta
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

What a bloody circus it is there. Friday I get my citizenship papers stamped. Then scanned, and off to Immi for processing. I will buy you boys a cold beer when I post those passports back to Canberra!

• Like 1