189's lodged August/September 2015

wallyengles

Also used DocAssist!! Not taking a chance like with the UBC! Apparently my UBC was posted to the Home Affairs office here in EL :wacko: Waiting for an SMS to collect... not holding my breath tho - with my luck, it will be wrong details or something...

DocAssist said there is a massive backlog with the PCCs - where it would usually take 15 - 20 working days, it will now take 30 working days.

My advice to all - get your PCCs submitted ASAP.

I have also used DocAssist. I sent my finger prints to them yesterday, so now I am also holding thumbs for it to come through as quick as possible.

Hi All,

We've been instructed to do our medicals and PCC now. I've submitted the online forms for the medicals but I just want to ask, do you just phone them and ask for an appointment? I can't make a call now while I'm sitting in the open plan office :)

And then anyone know the waiting time and working hours of the panel practitioners in Pretoria?

For the PCC's can we just go to the Police Station and pay the money and get the fingerprints? or is it more complicated than that? My husband will rather go hand deliver once we have the fingerprints because I just don't want to take a chance with posting.

We're also still waiting to receive a few tax documents for him - what a mission!!! I cannot get over the amount of documents we've had to get over the last year of this process. It's exhausting.

• Like 1

TinaB

Yes just call them and have you HAP number handy. The only one in PTA is Hatmed as fas as I know. They aren't that busy at all since we are going on 8 October and we actually could have gone today (I made the appointment last week)

Police clearance: yes, go to your local SAPS and ask to apply for a police clearance. R98 each. They take your finger prints, make sure you keep your reciept. You can then take the forms directly to SAPS in PTA CBD if you wish.

Yes, I see Hatmed is the one. I have all the details for them, i just have to wait for my boss to leave the office so I can call.

Do they open on weekends, do you think?

Haha ask away, that's why the forum is here.

It shouldn't take more than 3 hours from what I have heard

TinaB if am not mistaken Hatmead closes at 7pm during the week except Fridays not sure if it applies to medicals too. Us a family of 4 took approximately 1hr 30min for everything blood and urine,xrays and body check ups

Thanks again everyone. We did the fingerprints this morning quickly and my husband was going to take them to hand them in but there is a stupid anti-corruption march in town today so he'll rather go tomorrow.

Medicals have been booked for 9 October. I also could have gone a week earlier, but it's just easier to go next week when kids are not at school. All in all, I think we're looking good to submit all our stuff by 20 October (or at least have everything in the system even if it's not yet received.)

Grateful that my husband and I have been on diet for the last three months so hopefully our medicals will go well. All we need now is to be declined entry because we're too fat!

Is there anything we need to know about the medicals? My 7 year old doesn't have to have the HIV and x ray done but he also has to do a medical - what does it involve?

They check his weight, height,ears, legs and stomach just pressing a bit and eye sight and heart bear nothing major though don't stress.

Hi Guys,

I received an invitation on Friday for 190 visa. :ilikeit: We are really glad that we have finally been invited. I just wanted to ask whether it is the norm to complete your and your spouses employment detail for the last 10 years? I am just confused as I am not claiming points for my spouse or work experience.

We are doing the application on our own, and I just don't want to mess anything up...

Also those of you doing your PCC through DOCASSIST, did you need to do the finger prints at your own police station? Ours only does PCC's 3 days a week from 9 to 2!!! I wouldn't be able to be there in that time at least for the next 3 weeks due to work commitments. Is it possible to go to one closer to your work???

• Like 4

Congrats, it is very normal for the secondary applicant to have to give employment history for 10 years. But you don't have to give references. You will see if you do form 80 you will even have to give all your academic information as well as where you stayed the last 10 years.

Good luck.

O I missed the question about PCC's. You can go anywhere to get the fingerprints done. Not sure about docwise but the fingerprints are the same everywhere

Thanks Munchkin. There is a police station close to my work I will pop in and try there.

Thanks.

good morning everybody i read on another post that invites are being "draw" today. didnt think i would be this eager/anxious/afraid to get too excited. Even checked the time in Oz and hoped to see things happening here as well..How many days thereafter can one expect to get an ITA?

thanks!

Hi Guys

I know it's not the right thread but since we have been talking about Form 80. How specific do we have to be when filling out the travel in last 10 years section.

I really don't remember the specifics of most places i have been.

Thanks

Sweepea, as far as I know the next invite round is Friday 9 Oct?

Yuvi, when completing the Form 80 I used our passports and just checked where and when they were stamped, not sure if this helps you at all?

Thanks JoleneW

I think that is what i am going to have to do.

Doesn't help having had 4 passports over the years :-(

I am using Doc Assist and they said to me that I can go to ANY police station to do the fingerprints. They did not insist that I go to my local police station, which I didn't. Hope this helps.

• Like 1

Hi everyone, does anyone here know how to delete an incorrect document uploaded on the Elodgement page?

Edit: damn I see this now:

• You will not be able to remove a file once it has been attached, so make sure that you attach the correct file. We also cannot delete attachments as they form part of your application so please do not contact us about deleting attachments.

It's no biggy. I just said that our marriage certificate is a "change of name document" when it's actually a "marriage certificate"

I uploaded the marriage certificate as a "marriage certificate" now just to be safe.

Do these docs need to be certified copies?

Edited by Odendaal
  • Like 1

Thanks for the info guys! Any of you have feedback from DocAssist?? Are you happy with their service so far??

I would love to hear about your experiences with them.

My understanding regarding certifying docs, is ALL must be certified except the Electronic Skills Assessment. I stand to be corrected though....