189's lodged August/September 2015

wallyengles

14 hours ago, Chips said:

Hie FAS  hope you will get some good news soon. When was your case allocated? 

Thanks Chips , same goes for you.

Not sure, we are using an agent so we don't know. We submitted all documents and forms, did medicals 2 October.

We hope and hope to be in Aus dare I say end of this month...:o:D

We would like our boy to start the new school year there...

Good luck FAS we were also hoping for the same because of our kids, in Nsw schools open on the 28th so we have already ran out of time. ??

5 minutes ago, FAS said:

When were/are you planing to go over?

Well Chips holding thumbs for you as well...

A month or a month and a half after we get our visa depends on how long it takes to sort our stuff out and resignations.

24 minutes ago, Chips said:

A month or a month and a half after we get our visa depends on how long it takes to sort our stuff out and resignations.

Same here, we have already started getting rid of everything... except the resign part on my side, my wife's contract was not renewed since her work know we are planing to leave asap... 

• Like 1

Hope something happens before schools open, fingers and toes crossed for you.

Congratulations FAS God indeed heard your cry, just in time for school :congratulations:

Interesting to see that we all stress, anticipate and drive through the process towards that day when we get the Visa! But when you get it the stress moves to another level. 

Up to the point when you receive the visa everything is "virtual".. It is paperwork, applications, immi-accounts/agents, costs, tests, medical and certificates.  The moment the Visa is in your hand it becomes a reality... sell your assets, move your money, uproot your Family, pack your things, buy your tickets and say goodbye to loved ones!

One of my Korean colleagues use to have this saying that he always held back until just the right moment... that moment when you think everything is sorted out, working and ready to go... he will stop what he's doing, look you in the eye, lean a bit towards you and then calmly say: "relax... it's only the beginning".

This forum does one great thing.. It allows us to see that we are in fact all normal people, we all go through the same emotions, frustrations and doubts.

So to everyone that received their visas in the past weeks. I am leaning towards you and calmly saying:  "relax... it's only the beginning"

;) 

Congratulations @FAS all the best for your travels ahead!

Edited by GOOD2GO
  • Like 1

Hi Everyone,

Back from holidays, great to see everyone who has got their VISA's.  Hang in there Chips, it will happen!

We're looking at leaving in April for Brisbane, I see a few people here are headed there.  How has everyone's planning been going? I'm just kicking into gear now, getting quotes for a container etc.

All the best to everyone going through this epic process.

• Like 1

@ Granville safe flight tomorrow  and all the best with your new life down under. May everything go according to your plans:ilikeit:

• Like 1

Crossed too for you, all will go well. Please let us know once you have arrived. Good luck

Hi all just a quick check in, we are leaving on Sunday on our new adventure,  

this last 2 weeks has been hectic... my patience was tested to the extreme, I now know I have made the right decision.

Good luck to all!

Chips no news yet?

• Like 2

That was super quick FAS. Where you going?

We all routing for you still Chips. 

We had most things already in place before we got our visa's so it was just to finalise everything, we are almost done packing 80% there.

We are going to stay in Mindarie (Perth) Sassyninja

Edited by FAS

Sho FAS, your time is basically up now… only a few days.

We are leaving the 30th of Jan and my nerves were fine up until this week.  I have a one year old and I'm currently 7 months pregnant so therefore getting everything ready for the shipping company are going way to slow.

Just a heads up to anyone doing a straight emigration, we booked flights through IOM and they were very quick and they ensured that we got the bassinet seats and the extra luggage. (they were cheaper than if we did it ourself).

To everyone else waiting for there visa's or visits…something I left to late was doing the financial emigration… if you have time, follow up on this for your retirement annuities  will be worth nothing at the rate the rand is dropping so you might want your money that side as soon as possible.  You can use companies like exchange4free but even they told me that it will take 4-6 months.

just to give you guys an indication of what happened to the Rand - we started this process 9 months ago the rand then R9.32 - $1 now R11.50 - $1