I am in the process of applying for a 189 visa. As a qualified architect with 10 years experience, I would like to target the points for skilled employment. Unfortunately the AACA don't provide a comment on employment, only ones degree. Does anyone know what is required or what one needs to provide to obtain the skilled employment points for an architect?

• 3 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi @pjebrown

As mentioned above the AACA will only assess your qualifications, not your your experience.

This does make it difficult to know what is claimable as experience points.

My partner is an architect and was the main applicant on our 190 application received a positive skills assessment on his degrees (incl masters). We included post-masters work experience. Candidtate architect work does not pose any problems provided it is all post master qualification date and you can prove this work experience by means of a reference letter from the employer, salary slips or  IRP-5 docs among others.

Your candidate architect years shouldn't be a problem but it may be wise to just double check with an agent.