Police clearance certificate

FairGo

4 minutes ago, vzdike said:

Yes basically,they actually printed it there  and then. Tooked the whole morning but I walked out with my 3 certificates . ( Think they got tired of my regular visits  :D )

I think your persistence definitely paid off. Well done. Wish I was close enough to do that. 

• Like 1

Ok here we go again - our previous PCC's are expiring next month and we have been waiting for our visas for 5 months already (187 - don't ask!) so decided to get fresh PCC's.

Handed in at Pretoria on Monday 25 January - no sms yet.

BTW was pleasantly surprised to walk into the CRC office just before 4.00 pm and found no queue whatsoever!

47 minutes ago, shellykd said:

Ok here we go again - our previous PCC's are expiring next month and we have been waiting for our visas for 5 months already (187 - don't ask!) so decided to get fresh PCC's.

Handed in at Pretoria on Monday 25 January - no sms yet.

BTW was pleasantly surprised to walk into the CRC office just before 4.00 pm and found no queue whatsoever!

I read somewhere on here that you can get a new PCC "re-issued" if your current one is expiring. I think it's supposed to be much quicker, though not sure the exact procedure to obtain one.

39 minutes ago, Muzz said:

I read somewhere on here that you can get a new PCC "re-issued" if your current one is expiring. I think it's supposed to be much quicker, though not sure the exact procedure to obtain one.

Yes Muzz you can - but not after almost 1 year ..need to do it before 6 months of the expiry.

My husbands police clearance is ready. just needs to be printed and signed.

• Like 2

Finally today our names appear on the SAPS online enquiry !

(applied 25 January, 2016)

Registration date: 19 February

Finalized date: 26 February

:)

That's going quite quickly @shellykd.

We applied on 4th Jan and it only showed on the system 3 weeks later and we still don't have a finalised date. 

We couriered up on 5th Jan and only registered online 2 weeks later. Now just waiting. Showing as post for delivery method although did not send a self addressed envelope as we are wanting to send a courier to collect. Is this normal?

On 2016/02/07 at 6:36 AM, JackoFam said:

That's going quite quickly @shellykd.

We applied on 4th Jan and it only showed on the system 3 weeks later and we still don't have a finalised date. 

Yes - fingers crossed!!!

When we handed it in they said 4-6 weeks; but looks like this might be closer to 4 weeks....

Will keep you all posted!

9 minutes ago, shellykd said:

Yes - fingers crossed!!!

When we handed it in they said 4-6 weeks; but looks like this might be closer to 4 weeks....

My husbands only said finalized after it was ready for pickup.

Handed in on 4 Dec according to the slip.

Registered on system 21 Dec

Finalized 3 Feb

hope for everybody else that it goes much more smoothly. fingers crossed

6 hours ago, shellykd said:

Yes - fingers crossed!!!

That's great!

• 2 weeks later...

I just checked the tracking system and my PCC has a finalised date of 17 Feb on but my husbands still has no finalised date. Has anyone experienced this? I am hoping his will be completed today.

• 2 weeks later...

Update - Finalization date was 26 February - so went to check/collect but no luck!

Was requested to go back on Wednesday!

Will keep you posted!

Hi Shelly. My husbands got the sms on Saturday so the finalised date was also 26 Feb. Our agent will collect this week. I hope you get yours on wednesday

59 minutes ago, JackoFam said:

Hi Shelly. My husbands got the sms on Saturday so the finalised date was also 26 Feb. Our agent will collect this week. I hope you get yours on wednesday

Thanks JackoFam ....no sms received on our side ...:wacko:

Will check tomorrow and advise.

Good luck with yours!!!!!

We received our SMS on 16th. Went to collect last week and they had been posted. Not sure where we messed up as we couriered them up and we're going to collect but somehow it was classified as post. We did not send any self addressed envelope so not sure where we went wrong. Now we wait on the good old SA Post office. Very frustrating as this is the last requirement for our visa to get issued. 

PS apparently systems were down for a few weeks in January hence the delay for many. Also quite an experience to go to their offices!!!

3 minutes ago, Stubman said:

We received our SMS on 16th. Went to collect last week and they had been posted. Not sure where we messed up as we couriered them up and we're going to collect but somehow it was classified as post. We did not send any self addressed envelope so not sure where we went wrong. Now we wait on the good old SA Post office. Very frustrating as this is the last requirement for our visa to get issued. 

PS apparently systems were down for a few weeks in January hence the delay for many. Also quite an experience to go to their offices!!!

Stubman - on the website enquiry for us, the dispatch method is HAND so hopefully it should sit there till we collect it ...or ?

How did yours get posted ?

This is highly stressing .....

Somehow the website showed ours as post. Still not sure what we did wrong. Apparently sent just by normal post so not holding out much hope. 

On 2016/02/27 at 11:39 AM, shellykd said:

Update - Finalization date was 26 February - so went to check/collect but no luck!

Was requested to go back on Wednesday!

Will keep you posted!

Just to update - online boxes changed and now there is no finalization date - its blank !

No sms ... so waiting ..... will keep you all posted!

Finally received our PCC's via SA postal system (2 months after application) and submitted to CO on the same day as was the last item outstanding. Very frustrated though as does not have my wife's maiden name on even though we mark the form with both. Will this be rejected by CO? Do we have to start the whole PCC process again or could we ask for a re issue?

54 minutes ago, Stubman said:

Finally received our PCC's via SA postal system (2 months after application) and submitted to CO on the same day as was the last item outstanding. Very frustrated though as does not have my wife's maiden name on even though we mark the form with both. Will this be rejected by CO? Do we have to start the whole PCC process again or could we ask for a re issue?

This is so unfortunate. My wife and I got our PCCs on Friday and hers came with her maiden name on it, and she didn't do anything extra. She went to collect with marriage certificate in hand to get a reprint, as she didn't expect them to print her maiden name. We were pleasantly surprised but I guess this means it's about the luck of the draw.

I got a visa and didn't have my maiden name on PCC. Don't worry. Your name changes when you get married, not your ID number 

I didn't have my maiden name on my PCC, we had been married for almost 9 years when we applied for PR. I got the visa without my maiden name on it.