Police clearance certificate

FairGo

Hi KnoxFamily,

I've typed in some random ID numbers (The first 6 numbers that represent the dates) and I can see that some certificates were finalized yesterday and today so I think that's just an excuse. But can't do much about it unfortunately.

Yeah I would try with Elle as mentioned above. I was about to send her a new application today but I got the finalisation sms on sat morning. My couriers are picking it up. 

I've also heard from someone else that a bunch of staff are going on leave from the 21st Jan. Why then I don't know. From acknowledgement of receipt to ready to collect, took 4 weeks. 

I just phoned the CRC. Got through within 2 minutes and a very helpful Warrant Officer answered the phone. He explained that their mainframe had crashed and they would not be able to tell me how far along my PCC was. I asked if they had a big backlog and he said yes and that from the time you handed in your PCC over the counter it should take between 24-28 days.

The mainframe should be back up on Monday and mine's been in the system for over a month so hopefully some good news next week.

After a long 3 weeks we have received the following sms "Police clearance appl xxxxx was received and is in process"

Does anyone know how long it make take to finalise that PCC after receiving this sms?

16 minutes ago, JackoFam said:

After a long 3 weeks we have received the following sms "Police clearance appl xxxxx was received and is in process"

Does anyone know how long it make take to finalise that PCC after receiving this sms?

Mine took 4 weeks exactly, from being received to ready for collection.

1 hour ago, JackoFam said:

Well, this is no good news for you..6 weeks (and counting) since I recieved the sms on 15 December and it is still not finalized.

Hope they clear the backlog soon.

3 hours ago, JackoFam said:

They definitely on go slow. Our PCC's were delivered on 11 Dec and showed on system on 25 Dec.

I see VZdike's was showing since 15 Dec. So there must be a huge backlog. 

Only good thing is that something must be happening in the PCC office as your application finally showed as in process. 

So frustrating as our CO contacted us 19 days ago requesting PCC's. Have now sent our agent the receipts to forward to CO to prove we have submitted and are now waiting. 

This wait is driving me crazy..... 

Hi

How long is a PCC valid for? I will be submitting my EOI in the next 3 months once I have done my English exam, however I am thinking that as soon as I submit my EOI that I should apply for my PCC.

What do you guys think?

6 minutes ago, FingersCrossed said:

Hi

How long is a PCC valid for? I will be submitting my EOI in the next 3 months once I have done my English exam, however I am thinking that as soon as I submit my EOI that I should apply for my PCC.

What do you guys think?

A PCC is valid for a year. We submitted EOI 1 Dec and got invitation to apply 3 Dec. We applied for both PCC and visa on 11 Dec. So it is possible once you submit EOI that everything will happen quickly. Well it was happening quickly until no PCC. My advice is apply sooner rather than later. That being said this backlog might be cleared by the time you apply and could take the normal 4 - 6 weeks. 

17 minutes ago, JackoFam said:

I agree. Our visa process also happened pretty quickly until the PCC application

Very frustrating. We applied for PCC beginning of last year for another reason and they were finished in 10days from them loading onto the system. This year we have the other end of the spectrum. :(

I would apply for your PCC long before you need it. And apply for another one maybe 6 weeks before you lodge your application. That way you're covered should they miraculously start processing them in a reasonable time frame. I think the system crashed because of the sheer amount of requests. When South African bonds hit "junk" status sometime this year I think you'll see a huge increase in visas yet again.

8 minutes ago, DavePE said:

I would apply for your PCC long before you need it. And apply for another one maybe 6 weeks before you lodge your application. That way you're covered should they miraculously start processing them in a reasonable time frame. I think the system crashed because of the sheer amount of requests. When South African bonds hit "junk" status sometime this year I think you'll see a huge increase in visas yet again.

Agree with Dave. Get the process going as soon as you can. I did mine a month in advance and worked out perfectly as I got a job offer quite quickly.

I have submitted my PCC to the agent, although they haven't requested it yet. Medicals booked for next week. I think there are going to be a lot of applications for visas from SA this year. I'm just hoping I don't have to wait 3 months like some other high-risk countries for a 457 to be processed.

13 minutes ago, vzdike said:

Good news!! Recieved our PCC! :D

Finally... You must be so happy. 

I saw yesterday on another forum that someone received PCC from 12 Dec now  you received yours today from 15 Dec. Looks likes the wheels are turning once more. We applied 10 days after you so hoping to receive in next 10 days. 

• Like 1

PCC finally showing as done on their system! :D Finalized 30th of January of being handed in on the 3rd of December. South African efficiency at it's best...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DavePE said:

PCC finally showing as done on their system! :D Finalized 30th of January of being handed in on the 3rd of December. South African efficiency at it's best...

Congrats Dave, one less thing to worry about now.

Hi KnoxFamily,

It's only just shown as finalized this morning on the SAPS system today. So it was a 1 day delay, finalized on Saturday but showing on Sunday. It was showing as resisted on the 17th of December. Haven't heard anything from Tanya but then that's inline with the level of service I've received from her. Going to go to Postnet at 8am tomorrow to see of they can collect for me.

@DavePE

Congratulations on the PCC.

Recieved my PCC on Thursday, after I tried my luck and went to the criminal record centre myself,but it still do not show as finalized on the system. 

Wonder why?:huh:

5 hours ago, vzdike said:

@DavePE

Congratulations on the PCC.

Recieved my PCC on Thursday, after I tried my luck and went to the criminal record centre myself,but it still do not show as finalized on the system. 

Wonder why?:huh:

So you just took a chance?! I wonder how many more are finalised and not showing yet. 

I wish I was close enough to go in and check on my application. Very frustrating. 

42 minutes ago, Justmish2009 said:

So you just took a chance?! I wonder how many more are finalised and not showing yet. 

I wish I was close enough to go in and check on my application. Very frustrating. 

Yes basically,they actually printed it there  and then. Tooked the whole morning but I walked out with my 3 certificates . ( Think they got tired of my regular visits  :D )

Edited by vzdike