Police clearance certificate

FairGo

Hey guys, I'll jump on the PCC wagon now. I'm also still on the UBC wagon by the way :yawn:

How about DocAssist? Do they just oversee the process or do the expidite the PCC to some extent? I must say that from reading this thread, I'm not going to apply for the PCC on my own. UBC is giving me too many head aches as it is.

I contacted docassist, nevetec and another one called gsm or something and another company whose name I can't remember now. I was very desperate to say the least....

None of them could expedite the process but did guarantee the pcc's in the timeframe promised which the SAPS can't do. If you look at their fees though, they are the same and in some cases more than the contact I found (also on the Internet) and she can do it in 10 - 15 working days from start to finish. Faster if you already have an SMS.

Just an update for interest sake. Went to local SAPS station 2015-08-11, paid the PC fee, did the fingerprints and then took my form with me and got someone to submit the forms for my girlfriend and I at the central processing building in Pretoria 2015-08-12. They process was completed 2015-09-11, so basically a full month.

Even though they had our cell numbers neither of us got an SMS to state the process was complete and only found out about it being complete today 2015-09-15.

Use http://www.saps.gov.za/services/certificate.php to check the status of your application daily.

Also note that if you leave your forms at the police station then there will probably be additional time for them to send it to the processing centre in Pretoria and then back again - I would estimate 6 weeks.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I sent the courier on Monday to collect PCC's. Details are correct and we have sent them to the agent.

My opinion is that it is not necessary to use an agent to apply for PCC's.

• Like 1

Alright, PCC's have been delivered and they are correct!

The courier collected from us on 20 August, and we received them back on 1 October...exactly 6 weeks.

No more information to submit, just waiting now...

Hi All,

I have a few questions:

my partner and I sent a driver to hand in our PCC applications. We only received one receipt from the Police clearance place to state that both PCC Apps were received. Has anyone else experienced this?

Both our applications show up when i track them online though, i'm just stressed as to how this might affect the collection of the certificates.

When sending a driver/courier to collect the documents, would they need to hand in the receipt to collect or do they quote the case reference numbers?

Any response would be great.

Hi Charne,

We used a courier. It seems whatever receipt they get is sufficient and since both your applications show up online, I don't see any problem. When they collect, they send a list of all the PCC's they intend collecting, then go in the next day and collect a bundle of PCC's that have been put aside for them.

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys

Just a quick question.

How long after the PCC has been finalised can you go collect it? Same day, a week?

Thanks

Hello Yuvi,

You can fetch it from the PCC Centre in PTA the same day.

Hello Yuvi,

You can fetch it from the PCC Centre in PTA the same day.

Thank Charne.

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

Just a warning to anyone using these company's to try to get your PCC quicker. They are all a scam. It's impossible to expedite your PCC. The 10-15 days to get your PCC is BS, that's the time it takes for the system to run your prints. The running of your finger prints through the system is not what takes the time, it's getting to that point which is the killer. And it's first come first served, there is nobody who can get this done quicker.

The best advice I can give to anyone trying to get their PCC is to go the police station, pay your R96 and get the prints, together with the receipt and a certified copy of your ID and take it to your nearest PostNet branch. It's R250 for them to deliver them to the Criminal Record Centre in Pretoria and R200 to collect. They are by far the most efficient and best value for money. I know as I got burnt by some bastard saying they could get them in "10-15 days". I paid R1,250 in late November and I still don't have them.

12 hours ago, DavePE said:

Hi all,

Just a warning to anyone using these company's to try to get your PCC quicker. They are all a scam. It's impossible to expedite your PCC. The 10-15 days to get your PCC is BS, that's the time it takes for the system to run your prints. The running of your finger prints through the system is not what takes the time, it's getting to that point which is the killer. And it's first come first served, there is nobody who can get this done quicker.

The best advice I can give to anyone trying to get their PCC is to go the police station, pay your R96 and get the prints, together with the receipt and a certified copy of your ID and take it to your nearest PostNet branch. It's R250 for them to deliver them to the Criminal Record Centre in Pretoria and R200 to collect. They are by far the most efficient and best value for money. I know as I got burnt by some bastard saying they could get them in "10-15 days". I paid R1,250 in late November and I still don't have them.

I disagree. I know of a service in Boksburg which can get them in 2-3 days, but this is because they have a contact in the police department.

I had mine in just under 2 weeks from them. I had to provide the completed fingerprint forms to them and then they took them to the police department in Pretoria to finalise it.

It's expensive and they know you need them in a hurry:

http://passports4u.co.za/

In the grand scheme of things sometimes it might be worth it?

I also disagree.

I had excellent service from a woman called Tanya in Pta.  She also expedited our certificates because she has contact on the inside.  

She stayed in contact with me throughout the whole process and also was able to get my unabridged marriage certificate (which i ended up not needing)

I am sure there are scammers out there, like with everything but make sure before you start.

I have mentioned this before on this forum and definitely think it was worth the direct grant it helped us get because everything was uploaded in time.

Hi Izzytypes,

That's the lady who I used and I've had the completely opposite experience I'm afraid. There is another expediting service which specifically says that PCC's cannot be expedited http://www.gmtm.co.za/policeclearancecertificate.html  Maybe the police have cottoned on to the fact that some people were getting their certificates faster than others and have put more checks and balances in place since then? Maybe its just that I applied for mine over December, I don't know.I would get it in writing from your service provider that you'll get your PCC within a set time and if not demand your money back. 

How bizarre DavePE,

Have you since been in contact with her?

Maybe you are right that the cops have wisened up...

Hi Izzystypes,

She told me she's been on holiday... :o  I asked her how she can charge so much for a service and then not deliver and she doesn't have an answer for me. I've emailed a few other of these expediting services to see what kind of timelines they can guarantee (or at least put in writing), will report back when I hear from them. The replies should let us know if getting your PCC expedited is still possible.

I also think December has really slowed things down quite a bit. It's just so frustrating not being able to get an answer.

I think the moral of the story for anyone who wants to use these services is to get a definite timeline in writing and hold them to it. A day or two over the timeline would be acceptable but a month isn't acceptable in my book. You're paying them to expedite your PCC, not to courier it the SAPS, which anyone living outside of Johannesburg would need to do in any case. Eish. :angry:

I agree with you. She could at least have mentioned that she will go on holiday first then help you in the new year.

I hope you come right soon, I remember how frustrated I was.  

On 1/7/2016 at 9:34 PM, DavePE said:

Hi Izzystypes,

She told me she's been on holiday... :o  I asked her how she can charge so much for a service and then not deliver and she doesn't have an answer for me. I've emailed a few other of these expediting services to see what kind of timelines they can guarantee (or at least put in writing), will report back when I hear from them. The replies should let us know if getting your PCC expedited is still possible.

I also think December has really slowed things down quite a bit. It's just so frustrating not being able to get an answer.

I think the moral of the story for anyone who wants to use these services is to get a definite timeline in writing and hold them to it. A day or two over the timeline would be acceptable but a month isn't acceptable in my book. You're paying them to expedite your PCC, not to courier it the SAPS, which anyone living outside of Johannesburg would need to do in any case. Eish. :angry:

Hi DavePE,

I am having the same experience with her.

On 2 dec I called her. to say my hubby application was on its way to the department I had just got the details after I paid postnet do deliver it. she said I should have just sent it to her from the start. I called postnet and asked them to hold it I am changing the address. 

Sent it direct to her. She said it should be quick but bare in mind there is the holiday on the 16th. I though I can live with that

a couple days later I smsed asking what is happening we haven't received the sms. she said she was going back to them because they promised her that it would be done the next day. 

.......alot inbetween

22 dec the pcc shows up on the website so I ask her and get told her office is closed and expecting them in the first week of Jan. 

5 Jan status changes not finalised but dispatch method says hand. Contact her and tell her this. she said she was on her way there

get told after prompting that they were offline and that they will check the next day

yesterday I smsed again. no reply as yet.

Tomorrow will be 6wks from the start. 

Hi KnoxFamily,

My PCC is at the same stage as yours, dispatch method "hand". It was loaded onto their system on the 17th of December, after couriering it to this lady on the 26th of November... I've since sent a new application via PostNet. I'm going to phone the CRC tomorrow to see once it's ready if Postnet can't rather collect my original application rather than this useless cow. I'm going to demand a refund but don't want to risk her somehow cancelling my PCC which will set me back another 6 weeks. She can't seem to grasp the fact that I didn't pay her over a grand to do something that any courier company could have done for a fraction of the price and probably a lot quicker too.

In the same boat as you guys. Application received 14 Dec. Was really hoping I don't have to get a 3rd party involved but I don't have much time left in order to finalise the visa.

Does anyone have a tel number that actually works so I can hound them? Tried the one on the tracker site but doesn't seem to work.

Hi Muzz,

This number worked for me: +27 012 393 3928

You have to ring it a few times as sometimes it's "dead" to begin with.

Hi

Seems there is no quick way to get around this PCC process. I think I am going to just apply at the police station, courier the documents to PTA and give it a few weeks to see how it goes.

Fingers crossed.

Hi FingersCrossed,

The reply as the other thread, but hopefully more people will see it.

"

Hi Curious,

Speak to Elle at http://www.passports4u.co.za/

She charges R1,500 but claims she can have your PCC within 5-7 days. You only pay for the PCC once she has it, so you don't risk anything. Info courtesy of Muzz.

Just for goodness sake don't use this person:  http://unabridgedcertificates.com/police-clearance-certificates/"

Edited by DavePE
Referred to the wrong person. Corrected.

Dave PE. Latest from Tanya is that the department has been offline and has been killing them.  (Not sure how true it is)

I tried calling the number on friday but no luck. Trying again later.