Police clearance certificate

FairGo

izzystypes,

That is what I was secretly hoping, that ours had actually been finalized and it was just "between departments" or something. The application was delivered on the 20th Aug and logged on the system on the 25th Aug. If it has been finalized, things have certainly sped up at SAPS!

Here's hoping...

Our application was delivered on the 4th, logged on the system on the 11th of August and since then there has been no movement....

• Like 1

You will wait 4 to 6 weeks. That is why I decided to pay to have them expedited. Was worried our application would be allocated and am hoping for a direct grant. Didn't want them to request docs have heard that slows everything down.

Hey Peanuts, our lodge dates are pretty similar, we should be hearing something in the next month or so don't you think?

@izzystypes

Yes, hopefully we will hear something in September. Holding thumbs! The waiting has been the hardest part of this journey, I think it is because there is nothing I can physically do anymore except to wait.

MSL I really hope that is the case. It was for me. But like I said, I eventually paid a woman who really helped me.

Peanuts, all that is keeping me sane is the fact that we are still well within advocated processing times. Still a month to go before true panic sets in.

MSL, if your pcc's were only logged on 25 Aug, I don't think they are finalised... Now that I do the Maths, that's less than a week...? I also phoned them incessantly at one stage until someone picked up. Try?

• Like 1

Good question Sassyninja, I second it :)

Our applications seem to have reappeared on the SAPS website, and so we continue to wait for some movement. I'm looking forward to hearing from you guys who got your applications in just before mine, that will give me some feeling of movement!

• Like 1

The "fee" was R1150 ea for 2 PCC's. So R2300. But I tell you what, worth every cent. Because my applications were already on the system I waited 2 days and had them couriered to me. She also sent scanned copies when she got them.

Jaws, ours was received on the 16th of July and only got sms on 28th that it was logged on he system. Then after waiting a further 3 weeks I decided to bite the bullet and pay the money.

The lady has a contact "on the inside"

I know it's a lot of money but I don't regret it at all.

Sassy I see you only lodged your visa application on 7 Aug so you may still have time, as far as I can gather from this forum and stalking other forums, it seems the July applications are only now being slowly being allocated.

We did not use any agent to help with PCC's and it took a total of 6 weeks (courier to courier) to get them. We took fingerprints on the 20th Jul, couriered them the same day, received confirmation sms on the 30th and every day from then on i was on their website. On the 20th of Aug the status was " finalized" but the couriers only managed to deliver on the 28 th Aug. i was so worried that after all the wait, we'll be surprised with an error but fortunately everything was in order. I hope this helps somehow.

• Like 1

We received sms's this morning and collected our PCC's this afternoon.

I won't go into detail but the man behind the counter was very rude and demanded that we give him our receipts which we didn't have.

We ended up getting the certificates although mine is without my maiden name

I am going to submit it as is and hope for the best.

• Like 1

@ Sassyninja, no, nothing yet, been 2 and a half weeks now, also not showing on their website yet, getting a bit frustrated now :angry2:

From Peanuts' timeline it seems to take more than a month :blush:

@Peanuts

I will be sending the courier again to collect documents. I hope they do not request the receipts! Maybe he was just being difficult....

I noticed that other members who have lodged application around the same time as us, have already a CO assigned...

We have not heard anything.. Hopefully no news, is good news.

Going for medicals on Friday. For the first time this year, I have the flu! I hope this does not influence the outcome.

• Like 1

I've heard that you should just 'declare' that you have the flu, and tell the doctor what medication you're taking, in case it shows up in blood or urine works. But that having the flu will not give you a bad outcome.

@TacticJourney

I am sure you will hear something very soon!

My boys both had colds when we went for our medicals and it was fine.

hi all, Do you have to get a PCC for each country you have been in.....i.e. been in the UK for 2 years then went back to SA ? :unsure:

@renebo the DIBP website has info on that. If it was recent and more than a year (or something like that) then yes

@Sassyninja it's going to take 4 - 6 weeks (minimum) from now

• Like 1

@Sassyninja, thanks for the feedback, I got my SMS this morning, and it is also now showing. We should get them back the same time, hopefully in less than 4 to 6 weeks.

We still haven't received an sms, on their website it says "Service Standard: The average time to render this service will take approximately 14 working days from the day that the complete application is received at the CriminalRecord Centre until the Clearance Certificate is issued."

I sent our application via courier on 14 Aug. Received sms on 18 Aug.

CO assigned on Monday. If we have not received our PCC's by 30 September, we will be going the same route as Izzystypes...

This process is very stressful for us. I just want to get it over with.

• Like 1

@izzystypes I found it

When is a police certificate required?

If you are over the age of 16 and have lived in any of the countries listed on this page for a total of one year or more in the last 10 years, you must get a police certificate from that country.

I have my work cut out for me then..... :o:blink: