Can we customise our Member Titles?

RedPanda

Question

Hi,

I read the Help Topic, and it seems to refer to features that are not/no longer available?

post-21284-0-11598600-1438784430_thumb.j

When I look under Profile Settings I can edit my profile picture, the time zone, comments & visitors..etc. But I can't edit my Member Title.

Is my profile strange or has this feature been disabled? Or does it have some other requisite?

I also noticed that the Help Topic mentioned customising the colours of the profiles, so I get the feeling the information might be out of date? Or am I missing something?

:magic:

21 answers to this question

Just to correct the above info: A user must reach 100 posts before they can edit their member title and have a self-chosen custom title.

• Like 1

Red Panda, I am sure Jordy will correct me, if I am wrong, but I think only Hosts can change your Member Title. I seem to remember that it changes as you post more and more!

Correct Mara. Member title changes as you increase your post count. And as for custom colours, that appears out of date. The problem is that as the software is regularly updated by the provider, the help files are manually generated. I cant keep up with the changes.

• Like 1

I had never noticed 'member titles' but darn, I am only "Silver". Now I have something else to worry about .... how do I get to "gold' ... wait "platinum"??

Oh the stresses of emigrating!

[Hoping that this post will count towards me moving "up"]

• Like 1

Thanks Mara and Jordy,

I thought it might be a case of software updates that happen automatically and help files that don't. ;) No worries. (I don't expect someone to be dedicated to keeping all the help files, especially fringe things, up to date the whole time. That sounds like a paid job to me.)

I'm just impressed that somebody actually read the help section... :D

Yes...I'm going nuts, having to stay here for the next 10 months still, when all I want to do is get this adventure/disruption/challenge/wonderful experience/great change over with. It really does feel like one of those rides at a theme park where the car you're in hangs over the precipice to increase fear and anticipation before it plunges over, unleashing all the pent up screams of the riders.

But I like to look for stuff/information as much as I can before asking someone else, especially with things like software/forums/MATLAB. I just imagine admin people are asked obvious questions all the time, and I think that must be annoying. So I try to find the info myself first.

I wish you worked for our company. As a part of my job, I'm the "face" of our software programs and our users have the exact opposite philosophy - ask first, don't try to find the answers yourself! A lot of my time could be spent doing real work if I wasn't constantly fielding questions. :)

Well I guess we are going to see a lot of changes in titles now "mischief maker", hehe! Very apt title, I must say!

Some time ago, when Orpan arrived in Australia, I decided it would be apt to change his to "Now Adopted"

It took him a while to realise what I had done...

:D
Is that a job offer, HansaPlease? :P (I'll be looking from May 2016). I just noticed, you live in the North East of Melbourne, we want to build in the Belgrave/Selby/Ferny Creek area, once we've settled in jobs. Even though it'll probably mean a commute to the CBD every day. The area is just too beautiful.

Hehe, I like it, Mara. His was also one of the titles that made me smile. I'm not sure how many people pay any attention to the member titles, judging by the apparent lack of interest in changing them, I guess not too many. (Or maybe other people just have a life???)

Just to correct the above info: A user must reach 100 posts before they can edit their member title and have a self-chosen custom title.

Ah, thanks!

I had never noticed 'member titles' but darn, I am only "Silver". Now I have something else to worry about .... how do I get to "gold' ... wait "platinum"??

Oh the stresses of emigrating!

[Hoping that this post will count towards me moving "up"]

I officially just became a "Platinum plus member"! :ilikeit:

• Like 2

Ehgrm... greggle...not quite sure it works like that :P

But then again, if you get the right to change it after Silver.... ;)

Mischief Managed :holy:

I think there are going to be many giggles by many forum members as the changes start rolling in.... I will have to give some thought to my boring "Melbourne Host", any ideas anyone? Perhaps "old busybody" would suffice? Hehe! I would love to change Jordy to "Forum King"

• Like 1

Oh dear....

• Like 1

I like mine ....

Yes, I like it too, it's one of the titles that started me wondering, "Hhmmmnn..How do I do that?"
Along with Orphan, HansaPlease and one or two others. But I think yours was first. :lol:

T'was conferred on me by AndreaL who is an admin here who nowadays is sadly not very active due to personal and family problems.

BTW - since we're in a computer forum, and you said you like RPGs (not the Russian ones - they won't let you bring those into Oz) - what's your take on Fallout?

Uhm...*munches a bamboo leaf to stall for time*...

I haven't played Fallout yet. I have a backlog taller than me of games that I want to play, but haven't gotten round to yet. But on the topic of ambiguous abbreviations, GenDemo had a good laugh when he read in my first conference paper that I was "achieving the desired effect by employing FBGs" :lol: (Fibre Bragg Gratings, when you're not trying to blow things up)

It seems to me that it used to be only Admin who could change member titles? Says a lot about the Admin if they chose such entertaining titles :)

Regarding gaming, this conversation was recently had in a journal thread, if you're interested in what some of the forumites are playing/have played:
http://www.saaustralia.org/index.php/topic/44359-in-the-immortal-words-of-supernatural-the-journey-so-far/page-5#entry413721

... so not Doom, then .... :)

On 12/17/2015 at 5:52 AM, Hendie said:

There is also a Forum Help topic about this.

Thanks @Hendie. When I looked for the answer I couldn't find that post. But it is most informative!