189's lodged July 2015

Hey Giete,

I'm waiting too :) I applied for the ICT Business analysts where the quota was filled very early last year, so I am also just hoping I get an invite before the Quota is full.

@OzzieWishes, thanks for your positive vibes! :ilikeit:

@Geite and TashyL

They finally updated the invitation round data on the immigration website.

Here is the link : http://www.border.gov.au/WorkinginAustralia/Pages/SkillSelect-6-july-2015-round-results.aspx

This might give you an idea of how long it will take to get an invite.

I think there is quite a backlog of applications for Business Analysts and Accountants.

• Like 1

Thanks for the update Peanut.

I decided to apply for a 190 too as a back up plan so I have 65 for my 189 and 70 for the 190. Hopefully in the next 2 rounds an invite will come my way.

On a positive note, at least I am getting more time to save up :)

Hi TashyL

Invite received yesterday, 6 August. We submitted our EOI on 28 July, the turnaround was really quick!

On a completely unrelated note, how do you get the grey writing below your comment to show up, IE your timeline of events? I find that information extremely helpful, and your verse very encouraging! Thanks

Hi MSL

Click the down arrow on your name, choose my settings, then on the left choose Signature. You can type all your info in there and save.

That's great, I submitted the 28th RSA time, but the 29th Aussie time. What field are you in?

In order to update your signature you can go to "my settings" on your profile and click on signature. It also took some time for me to find it :)

EDurand ...Thank you for that info...was wondering how to do this. Congrats MSNand Tashyl !

Sorry....MSL. ....

Hey Giete,

I'm waiting too :) I applied for the ICT Business analysts where the quota was filled very early last year, so I am also just hoping I get an invite before the Quota is full.

@OzzieWishes, thanks for your positive vibes! :ilikeit:

Hi TashyL

Don't worry about the ICT Business Analyst quota being filled early. Their website states that it will be prorated, i.e. there will be a certain number available during each month of the year. I am sure you will get an invite for the 189 within the next few rounds.

• Like 1

My apologies Tashyl...sorry!

Is there anyone else applying in the medical field?

So, there will be 447 positions each month for ICT Business Analyst

Edited by Jaws

Hi guys,

Is there anybody else out there that submitted their EOI with 60 points in June and received their invite yet? We lodged our EOI on 26 June. Visa 189 General Accountant. We have now also gone the 190 route to see if we get lucky with 65 points.

Please let me know, trying to gage how long we still might have to wait for..... :sleep1:

Thanks G

Hi Giete,

I am not in the exact same boat as you, but I have been following the following posts - SkillSelect July Invites and Quotas - Accountants & ICT by TeeMI on this forum.

She is one of the agents on here and she regularly updates her website and the forum on the Accountant/ICT quota's. I have also checked the website and it is updated with the last quota for BA's and Accountants.

My understanding is because these are both being processed on a pro rata basis the number of invites sent out each month is extremely limited. It seems that they are currently only selecting people with 65 points up to 2 July...I do stand to be corrected.

This link will be useful if you have not seen it already. http://www.border.gov.au/WorkinginAustralia/Pages/SkillSelect-3-august-2015-round-results.aspx

Last invites

2211 Accountants - 65 points - 2 July 2015 6:32am

Current Quota used

2211 Accountants - 2525 (total) - 420 (used)

I have also applied for a 190 just in case I have to wait too long for a 189 visa. I can relate to the sleepless nights.

Hang in there, at least there are more places available for Accountants ;)

Edited by TashyL

Thanks TashyL,

At least we know we are not alone in this nerve wrecking experience :boxing:

Cheers

Rall

• Like 1

No news my side. I asked my agent to lodge last Friday as well, but he emailed me on Wednesday and said he hadn't done mine yet and I still haven't received any confirmation that it has been done! I think this new monthly cycle as opposed to the 2 weekly cycle is swamping the agents. ANYway, just thought I'd share, I will keep you posted.

Yes, my wife and I submitted our Form 80's to the agent. I'm not sure what he's done with them though, I assume he'll send them in with everything else.

Lodged visa189 last week. In the boat with you guys! Completed the form 80 too. Waiting patiently

• Like 2

MSL how have you gone about applying for police clearance ? I am thinking of using doc assist. Also the medicals how long did you wait for appointment ?

BIGSHARK,

We are applying for PCC's ourselves and getting a courier company to deliver and collect. It seems a common request, they just sent through a quote straight away.

Medicals are booked for 25 Aug, which is just 1 week after we booked. Things are coming together quickly.

Thanks for the welcome SASSYNINJA!