189's lodged July 2015

Im also a Systems Analyst Jaws - Hubby applied under Software Developer though.

Then we are in the same boat Sassyninja. What do you think the job prospects are in our line? There seem to be quite a few BA positions advertised lately.

Most IT companies are still recruiting. Have a look at seek job website and www.joboutlook.gov.au

Just heard of 2 people who received invites today. Aaargh the waiting is intense.

Hi There,

I have also submitted my EOI recently (29 July), and I am waiting patiently for my invitation. I am also a Systems Analyst, so I am concerned that I may need to wait a while as I only applied with 65 points. I will be able to score an additional 5 points in December for my work experience. Hopefully the Quota is not full by then. For now, just have to remain positive and patient.

All the best to all of you :ilikeit:

Congrats Sassyninja

Thanks guys, still a bit shocked.

What happens next? :blush-anim-cl: How long does it generally take from here?

from what I can see from the other posts it is anything between 6 weeks and 3 months for a case officer to be assigned. I'll try and get my PCC and medicals done just before that, to hopefully get a direct grant.

Joining you on this topic...

We submitted our EOI on the 16th of July and now we are waiting to be invited. We submitted with 75 points, so really hoping for this round in August.

And congrats to all of you that's received invites and to the guys who have already lodged, that's so exciting.

Thanks Jaws.

We just need to collect girls passports and then it will be panic stations about parting with toomush dollas. :P

Welcome Munchkin.

Im sure you'll receive an invite in the next round. Probably first week of September though?

Hi

I will also join your discussion. I lodged 189 on 21 July and got invite on 2 August!!!! Jaws...I phoned our local Oz visa medical facilities and they said I need a HAP number before I can book medicals. Do you get these numbers from CO or can I access it on immi-account?

Oh...And good luck to those still waiting on invites!!!

Hi Ganville

Welcome! You can get the HAP numbers from your immi account once you have lodged your application.

We went for our medicals in Durban on Monday.

Hi Peanuts, where did you go to do your medicals in Durban? We planning on lodging our visa in the next week so will also need to do medicals. If you could pls send me the details of where we need to go.

Thanks

Thanks Peanuts. I am lodging and paying for 189 on Friday. I will look out for the HAP numbers. BTW, going to look for jobs/primary schools in Queensland. Perhaps Sunshine Coast etc. Any advice on what those areas are like to live in?

Granville------Not Ganville----

@Sheraan

Entabeni Hospital

031 261 8291

The office is at the Ear Nose and Throat clinic.

Dr. Dungan and the contact person is Marie.

@Granville

Your profile definitely says Ganville, maybe just check. Unfortunately I cannot comment on areas or anything else since we will be going to Aus for the first time when we move over permanently, scary but that is our reality.

Good luck guys, hopefully not too long before we all have our visas.

Thanks Peanuts. I am lodging and paying for 189 on Friday. I will look out for the HAP numbers. BTW, going to look for jobs/primary schools in Queensland. Perhaps Sunshine Coast etc. Any advice on what those areas are like to live in?

Granville------Not Ganville----

To give a quick answer, friends of ours live there and loves it. They live closer to Brisbane and not sunshine coast and the others are in Surfers Paradise.

There is a group on facebook for QLD which should help you "South Africans Immigrating to Australia"

Thanks guys for the advice.....

@Peanuts ....lol..yes I know my name is spelled wrong on my profile. Will have to rectify!

• Like 1

Congrats G®anville :D

Seems that Peanuts and co has already answered your questions. As for places in Brisbane the Redland Bay area seems nice, but the again I have not been to many of the suburbs there.

Those with 60 points, that's all it takes! It may take a round or two extra, but you will get an invite!

Hi OzzieWishes,

We lodged EOI in 26 June and we are still waiting.....we applied for the 189 VISA General Accountant.

Everybody else seems to be getting invites left, right & centre.....

Eish :whome: