189's lodged July 2015

Dear Peanuts and Jaws, I am feeling exactly the same way as you!

its a pretty awful feeling of fear, doubt, surreal, missing the cats, missing the friends, missing the family, missing my kids school, missing my work, etc, etc, etc. I am glad to hear this is normal.

I keep reminding myself of why we are doing this (or I just switch onto the news-that's if you have electricity) but it still doesn't stop the doubts from flooding in.

We will be lodging hopefully by the end of this month. I think I will also be missing lots of sleep the second that lump of cash exits my bank account.

I keep telling myself to hang in there and just do it! It most certainly is a wild ride and don't recommend it for the faint hearted amongst us!

• Like 2

@Sassyninja

Congrats on getting 75 points!! I'll eat my hat if you don't get an invite in August.

@Peanuts and BigShark

I guess we'll all go through the same emotions on this crazy ride. But my kids can now grow up with the same freedom that I had, i.e. can ride a bike in the street, can go fishing anywhere, anytime (without googling the spot first to see how many people were robbed there) etc.

If all else fails just watch the movies "Far and Away" (America I know, but you get the idea) and "Australia" again and see it as a big adventure :cowboy:

• Like 2

No regrets for us, apart from family we leave behind, but they understand our decision to leave. I can't in good conscience stay in the country I love and have lived most of my life, knowing that the realities my kids will live with one day, not to mention the crime we have experienced as a family first hand. We are moving for their sake, everything else is really up to us to make work when we hopefully get to Aus. We just need that damn invite now

Just joining the clan. Got out invitation early this month, and will apply at the end of the month pending finances.

Thanks for all the help on the forum so far. really helped us. we are going the DIY application route, and the posts so far have really helped understand the process better.

Congrats to all that got the invite. Vasbyt to the others. your time will come.

• Like 2

@Sassyninja

Congrats on getting 75 points!! I'll eat my hat if you don't get an invite in August.

@Peanuts and BigShark

I guess we'll all go through the same emotions on this crazy ride. But my kids can now grow up with the same freedom that I had, i.e. can ride a bike in the street, can go fishing anywhere, anytime (without googling the spot first to see how many people were robbed there) etc.

If all else fails just watch the movies "Far and Away" (America I know, but you get the idea) and "Australia" again and see it as a big adventure :cowboy:

Haha @Jaws - careful you dont jinx us! :P

When exactly is the next round?

@orinoco

Welcome and good luck with your application.

@sassyninja

They are slow to update their website but it should be the first week of August as they have invitation rounds once a month now.

@Sassyninja

LOL, don't worry, I'm pretty confident. Have a look at the link below, in the last Invitation round in June only about 25 of the 500 applicants that were considdered had 75 points, so there are not many with that number of points. And in their own words "The highest ranked clients by points score are invited to apply for the relevant visa."

http://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Work/Skil/19-june-2015-round-results

So I am standing by my statement :)

Oh, and congrats Orinoco!

Lodged and paid for application today. We are excited and petrified at the same time!

• Like 5

Awesome! Argh just waiting for our skills assessment then we can lodge the EOI! I dream of the day we lodge our visa application!

Congrats TacticJourney almost there.

• Like 1

Wow, things are moving on this July 189 lodgements! We still waiting for funds so hopefully will lodge next week, holding thumbs. :ilikeit:

• Like 3

Also joining this group, lodged on the 17th and were requested to do medicals and PCC on the 20th. Medicals booked and PCC's couriered......

• Like 1

Hi SherlockandWatson

First of all, congratulations!

Secondly, what???????????

Did you lodge your application on 17 July and were requested by your case officer to submit the documents on 20 July?

Jaws,

I don't know how and why, I'm with M2Oz and they told me to create my Immi Acct and arrange for medicals on Monday. So I did and all our HAP ID's were available so I booked it. I thought let me not question this good news. Everything has escalated so quickly - from waiting for 4 months for university documents - to submitting my skills assessment (ICAA) and lodging application within a month....Feeling very blessed and thankful and excited and emotional and and and....

Here's hoping the best for all of us July lodgers....

• Like 1

Well, if that is the case then it is fantastic, very happy for you! Never heard of a case officer being assigned so quickly. :D

• Like 1

@Sassyninja

Submitted EOI on the 29th of June with 70 points for General Accountant.

I thought I'd join this thread, submitted EOI today with 75 points. Is it true that they only do "1 round" per month?

• Like 2

Congrats and good luck. Wit 75 points you should get an invite soon. Yes, there is only one invitation round per month. Which occupation, if you don't mind me asking?

I've applied under Construction Manager. Thankfully there seems to be quite a demand in this area at the moment. And you?

Great! I applied for ICT Business Analyst, of which there seem to be plenty of applicants, not sure about the demand though.