189's lodged July 2015

We will be lodging our application soon.

It will be nice to know who else will be applying this month and to share updates, frustrations, excitement etc.

This journey is definitely a rollercoaster of emotions. I am excited and scared but mostly I am just so grateful for the opportunity and ability to be able to go on this journey.

• Like 1

Hi Peanuts,

Hopefully will get our invitation end of July or beginning August... :whome:

Good luck with all your planning and rest of the process!

Cheers

G

• Like 1

Hi ,

We received our invitation on Monday 6 July and budget permitting we will be hopefully lodging 189 before the end of the month. More petrified than excited at this stage. I do not like parting with so much dosh in one go. I think the excitement will come afterwards.

Hi BIGSHARK,

What date did you lodge the EOI?

Thanks

G

Edited by Geite

We lodged the middle of June but waited till the new quotas came into place 1 July because previous quotes were reached/full up.

Hi BIGSHARK,

In other words you lodged the EOI middle June? What did you then wait with until 1 July?

Apologies for the questions.....We lodged on 26 June.

Thanks

G

Geite, my agent managed that part of the process but I was under the impression that he made the application in June. I am not too sure if agent waiting till 1 July.

Hi Geite, how many points did you qualify for on your EOI? If you were on 60, everyone with 65 or higher probably received an invite and you may be on the next round depending on the number of people that have 65 or more.

Hi Shehraam, unfortunately only 60 points :(

Hope we do not miss out completely because of our 60 points.....

Thanks G

Edited by Geite

yip I think Shehraam is got it. We had the 65, your round is next. Will be holding thumbs for you!

Geite, don't worry too much, I am sure you will get your invite with the next round.

Bigshark, I agree that it is very hard to part with the money? but it will all be worth it in the end.

We will hopefully submit our application next week and I must admit I am a little nervous.

Edited by Peanuts
  • Like 1

Congrats Bigshark! We also have 65 points, HOWEVER, we will only lodge our EOI in Sept :cry: . But it's good to know that things are moving for folks with points like that.

Hi

We lodged our EOI on 23 June and received the invite on 6 July. We will be lodging our application next week probably. Hopefully it will go smoothly for all of us, here's to holding thumbs.

• Like 3

Congrats Jaws! If you don't mind me asking, what occupation did you submit your EOI in reference to? We submitted on 04 June, with 65 points, for general accounting but have had no feedback. We realize the intake for 2014/2015 is full, but were under the impression we would be eligible for the 2015/2016 intake? Any else in the same situation?

• Like 1

Hi roadandtrack

We submitted for ITC Business Analyst. We were worried that it won't be on the list this year, but fortunately it was (although the occupation ceiling is now half of what it was last year). We were lucky enough to get 75 points.

I know that they are going to pro rate the applications for accountants between the intakes, maybe that is why you didn't get one this month.

Just hang in there, with 65 point you are bound to get an invite soon. I'll be holding thumbs for you.

Hi roadandtrack

We submitted around the same time as you with 70 points so I am sure you will receive an invite in the next round.

Their website says that they will have one invitation round per month (I assume it will be within the first week of the month). You can use the URL below and then select Invitation Rounds - Next Invitation Rounds to check, it will also show the maximum number of available visas for the next round. Not sure when they will update it though, currently the "next invitation round" still shows as 6 July.

http://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Work/Skil

Edited by Jaws

We got an invite on the 9th of July will be lodging our visas end of the month. Exciting times ahead

• Like 1

Hi, we will be lodging our application within the next week. How are you guys feeling?

"My keel trek toe terwyl ek vorms invul!"

• Like 1

Hi MelJ

We feel the same, lots of doubts, are we doing the right the thing or not? But I guess that is normal. All the posts w.r.t. the difficulty finding work, how hard it is to adapt etc. doesn't really make it easier, but it helps to prepare one on what to expect.

In the end, I am just gratefull that we are in a position to actually apply, I imagine there are plenty of people that wish they were in our position. When the doubt starts to kick in, just remind yourself again of why you are doing this. In our case it is to give our children a better future, which will make it all worthwhile in the end.

"Maar dis maar swaer jong!"

• Like 2

Joining the group - lodged EOI for Software Developer/Programmer with 75 points on 14 July.

• Like 1

We submitted and paid last night and the reality of it all is starting to get to me. I guess when that amount goes off your bank account you realize that there is no turning back. I couldn't sleep last night, I was thinking about my parents, my dogs, friends and mostly my children. Then when I put it all into perspective I realize that the happiness and future of my two boys far outweighs anything we have to leave behind.

• Like 3