SAAUS Melbourne meet

Mara

Still chasing down a place to meet up for a cuppa, RedPanda :D...... have been exploring places more in the Bayside areas ( have found a great place run by a regte egte Italian from Florence, who really does make great coffee, but he has about 3 tables, and while within 100m of Sandringham train station, it's not very central.....

The problem is I haven't come across bad coffee yet, so it's hard to pin point a really great place....

Otherwise there is Sassafras in the Dandenongs - the tea lovers can go gaga over Miss Marple's Tea Rooms, while the coffee / hot chocolate lovers can amp up at Ripe, and we can all meet in the middle at the quaint tea/coffee retailer in the middle for beverage retail therapy ;)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, EmNew said:

Still chasing down a place to meet up for a cuppa, RedPanda :D...... have been exploring places more in the Bayside areas ( have found a great place run by a regte egte Italian from Florence, who really does make great coffee, but he has about 3 tables, and while within 100m of Sandringham train station, it's not very central.....

The problem is I haven't come across bad coffee yet, so it's hard to pin point a really great place....

Otherwise there is Sassafras in the Dandenongs - the tea lovers can go gaga over Miss Marple's Tea Rooms, while the coffee / hot chocolate lovers can amp up at Ripe, and we can all meet in the middle at the quaint tea/coffee retailer in the middle for beverage retail therapy ;)

:ilikeit:

I like this!!! (Panda mashes the "Like" button...oh, wait, it doesn't work like that...hehe)

I actually drink all kinds of delicious beverages, so I'll follow my nose through Melbourne. Can't wait to finally move. And share a 'hot beverage' with you. ;) 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hi All,

Any updates on a possible coffee (or tea) catch up?

Edited by CaitLay

We would like a meetup at the end of May, or the start of June...because we land mid-May...#JustSaying

But I'm sure you can arrange one sooner? And then have more meet-ups, yes!

@RedPandaThere is nothing being planned at this time, that I know of, perhaps the facebook crowd have something, but I have no idea, as I am not on facebook.

I will be away for the month of May on my usual trip to the USA.

When I return, I will see what we can do. As it is winter then, we will have to meet indoors. The last time we had an indoor meet, we got together at the Bundoora Hotel for lunch, they made us welcome, and it was easy, as each family/couple/single can go to the counter and order their food and pay for it. There is also a play area for the kiddies.

@CaitLay The ladies in Sunbury are meeting on Friday 4th March, in Sunbury, for an early lunch at 11am, not sure if you are working, or even if you are interested, but if you are, send me a PM and I can give you the details.

That goes for any other ladies that may be interested.

• Like 1

Ok, I'll go look for the Facebook group too. (I haven't done so until now)

Enjoy the trip to the States.

• Like 1