SAAUS Melbourne meet

Mara

Although I have listed this post, your contact person is Tazzn, this was her first email about the event. If you would like to join in, you can send a PM to her with your email address, or to me if you wish, and I will pass it on.
Tazzn

While I had a chance I thought I would try and pin down a date that suites most.

My thoughts are to aim for either the last weekend in July (25th/26th) or the first weekend in August (1st/2nd). Would everyone be able to let them day which day suites better Saturday or Sunday and which weekend would be better.

Because of the weather I think an indoor venue is our best bet either a lunch time or afternoon coffee get together.

I have put together a few (limited) options for venue. I have tried to keep them children friendly but I dont there are many children and my daughter will probably be the only one small enough to benefit from the play areas. So saying that I am easy if anyone has any other suggestions for venue

http://www.bundoorapark.com.au/Page/Page.asp?Page_Id=64&h=1
www.zagames.com.au (these just popped up in my internet search, not sure if anyone has been to any of the venues?)
http://www.bundoorahotel.com.au/

I think first thing we will try do is nail down a date and if anyone has any venue suggestions we will put these together and then decide on a venue in a week or so time.

THE DATE HAS BEEN SET FOR 1ST AUGUST 2015.
12h30 at Bundoora Hotel in Plenty Road, Bundoora

Please contact Tazzn or myself by PM to facilitate bookings before 29th July 2015

UPDATE: 5 JUL 2015

I am happy with either weekend, and either day, so will go with the majority.

I have never been to a Zagames.

I have been to Bundoora Park as well as Bundoora Hotel.

The Park Café has a limited menu but as it is winter, will probably not be overcrowded, however, from memory, the Visitor’s Centre Café and the playground are not close to each other, so not sure how parents would mix if they need to watch their kids in the playground or keep the kids busy inside, if the weather is bad.

The Bundoora Hotel will definitely have a greater choice of menu, children’s play area is great and enclosed, but you would have to book for either Saturday or Sunday.. and soon, they get busy.

Look forward to meeting those I have not met yet.

Regards Mara

UPDATE 7 JUL 2015

The list is growing fast which is exciting!

I have been debating the venue idea a bit but I think before I try and narrow it down I would ask some info which would help guide the decision.

I know we haven’t picked an exact date (just giving everyone a chance to reply with preference) but just to get an idea how many people we could expect if all went well. If you could let me know how many adults and children are in your family. Secondly could everyone give an idea of where they are living (suburb/area).

I just want to make sure when I narrow down the venue search it’s somewhere that accommodates the number of people etc.. and is also in an area that would suite the majority.

Thanks and hope everyone has a great week…. And the weather at least gets slightly warmer!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers Tarryn

I was just wondering if it is only going to be Tazzn, and I at this Melbourne Meet up... come on guys where are you all hiding?

I think we all waiting on a venue and a date :P

I do believe that Tazzn has settled on Saturday 1st August 2015. I understand that the venue will be finally decided by next week.

• Like 1

We're not there yet! :o
So I think you/we will just have to do a second one next year too... :D

We will, just to welcome you RedPanda!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The date has been set and the venue decided: See first mail in this thread!

Thanks Mara! Getting some fab responses!!! It's definitely going to be a grand get together! ?

Excellent, that is great news, we look forward to meeting some of the other new members!

• 2 weeks later...

A huge thank you to Tazzn for a lovely get together today. We had a lovely lunch at Bundoora Hotel, and the kids had a good time as well. I am sure we all look forward to our next one!

• Like 1

Yep, thanks, was good fun, good to meet everyone

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Keep the next one for after November and we would love to join you all.

Nothing is planned yet, but I am sure we will try for an early December outdoor one!

WATCH THIS SPACE

• 2 months later...

Hi Emma, unfortunately not at this time. Perhaps early in the new year.

And then two months later another one...*Says the RedPanda, pointing discreetly at the first weekend in June*

You can never have too much coffee and kuier. :D

• Like 2

Sheesh, talk about demanding... hehe! We will see what we can do...

• Like 1

Coffee plans MUST FALL... ...into place :D ..Hahahaha!

• Like 2

The procedures for tea drinking applicants are governed by two subclauses. Everyone knows about them..but nobody knows what they actually say. Some people have even gone as far as suggesting that the Tea Drinkers are the real masterminds of the Coffee Meets. But nobody takes those nutters seriously. Surely nobody would draw up such a hefty document as the Rules and Regulations of Coffee Meets Across the Continents and Centuries as a diversion to cover the real agenda of the Tea Drinkers...surely?

:jester:

Oh my soul, I shouldn't be allowed a keyboard before I'm fully awake!

• Like 1

Mmmmm, this conversation about tea.... coffee.... is getting way to technical for me....

Redpanda this is what comes of drinking too much coffee, and why I being a sensible ahem Brit stick to tea lol...? Regardless of beverage preferences it will be a pleasure to meet up with you guys.