189's lodged May/June 2015

Thank you for the update, congratulations to those who got some info. Keep the updates coming.

SoSorry for this but 189 is the independent residency right? Or is it the state nominated visa?

• Like 1

Hi Shanette

The 189 is the skilled independant visa.

The 190 is the state nominated one. Both will give you permanent residency.

Hi guys,

I received an request today for documentation today from the case officer (PCC, birth certificate and form 80). I lodged 26th May.

• Like 1

Hi HermanLJ

Are you applying as a family or as one single person? I think if you apply as a family they ask for form 80?

Thank you

• Like 1

JAPelser I'm applying as a single person, seems as though they still ask for it.

Congratulations HermanLJ Hope that all goes smoothly for you further.

Hi does anyone have some advice for me?

On this list (link attached below) people who lodged their visa on the 27th of May received an grant, when I called DIBP today they said mine that was lodged on the 24th of May was not even allocated yet.

What can I do, who can I contact?. This is making me crazy.

Thank you

link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FbZvlgMTC54aMv2LVhtcQuBXMfUkIpydWuZAAFHf8-Y/edit?type=view&gid=379&f=true&sortcolid=-1&sortasc=true&page=2&rowsperpage=250#gid=379

Anyone can correct me if I am wrong, but as far as my research has shown, it depends on your points. The more you have the more you are a priority for them. Hope it helps.

I spoke to DIBP - I lodged 22nd May. 65 points.

It depends mainly on your anzsco code, country and points... then how many applicants, age, pcc expiry etc. That's what they claim.

They said mine is due very shortly for processing.

That was yesterday.

I lodged 22nd May and got a direct grant today. No form 80. Single applicant. I'm really so so excited. I'm in tears. Thank you all for your support.

DIRECT GRANT OH YEA :king::blush-anim-cl::ilikeit::jester:

• Like 4

Congrats!

Congrats those of you have gotten their visa grants.

Mine was lodged on 14 May 2015 and still no sign of case officer or communication from DIBP :glare:

Congrats those of you have gotten their visa grants.

Mine was lodged on 14 May 2015 and still no sign of case officer or communication from DIBP :glare:

CASE OFFICER ASSIGNED and requested FORM 80 for myself and husband.

• Like 3

Congratulations!

Can someone please tell me what needs to happen to get a direct grant? Why do some people have to fill in a Form 80 and others not?

We lodged on 28th May (but for a 489 Visa) and we got assigned our case officer today, 22 July.

Finally, can't believe it.....lodged 21 May 2015 for PR189, received grant this morning 28 July 2015, what a relief :jester:

• Like 2

Case officer assigned today, 30/07/2015 :ilikeit:​ (application was lodged on 09/06/2015). CO requested Form 80's and PCC's for both wife and myself. (applied for PCC's 07/07/2015 via Nevetec so hopefully won't be long now so we can submit within 28 days).

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all, finally after a month and a half delay with my wifes PCC our 190 visa has been granted!!!!!!

• Like 2

I'm also curious about form 80? Does anyone know?

@RedPanda aka Firefox :grads: and anybody else looking for answers. The question you ask is really one without a true answer, from my experience at least. I personally filled Form80 out and uploaded before being asked and received a direct grant. The reason being, is that under certain circumstances, the DIBP does ask for it and this is a given. So why waste their time, upload it so they don't ask, thereby fascilitating the process. Also given say two months since visa lodgement, I would suggest contacting the DIBP (Dont be afraid they are nice folks), and simply ask them "Is everything in order". I noticed that this immediately brings "you" to their attention which is positive either way. Just make sure that everything you provide is truthful and that you have evidence to back it up one way or another.

• Like 1

We were also asked for form 80 two days ago. Submitted it immediately and received our visas today!

• Like 3