189's lodged May/June 2015

Hi guys,

Received our ICCA skills assessment back this morning positive results :ilikeit: needless to say we lodged our EOI by 09:00 am this morning for the 189 VISA :boxing:

We know it is the end of the Ozzie year, but we are trying our luck.......

Have a great weekend :ilikeit:

• Like 2

Hi Geite, I am happy for you! Does anyone know when the first invitation round is in July?

I wish I knew. Apparently we were close to receiving our grant letter on Thursday morning, but our CO noticed that my wifes PCC only had her maiden name on it. Now we have to reapply for her PCC and hope the SAP can get it right this time round. Pushes us back another month

The next invitation round will be Monday, 6 July.

They will only have invitation rounds once a month going forward. Holding thumbs!

Good luck guys. Hope it all works out.

I am submitting skills assessment on Monday. Holding thumbs that all will be sufficient for Software Engineering

• Like 1

Doing the happy dance, because we lodged EOI for the 189 VISA for Skilled Accountants although "rumours" suggested that we might have to go for the 190 after 1 July.... :ilikeit:

Now we will wait and see, hopefully we will get that invite :boxing:

Hi Geite, we also did a little happy dance this morning. Holding thumbs for an invite next week. Good luck! When did you lodge your EOI?

Hi Peanuts,

We only lodged on 26/06/15, I doubt if we will be included in the first round of invitations.

Good luck!

Cheer G

• Like 1

Hi Geite, think the invitation is dependent on the number of points you attained in your EOI. I believe 60 is the minimum and based on previous rounds if you attained a 65 or more you are most likely to receive an invitation.

I am sure someone will correct me if I am incorrect.

Hi everyone, the direct visa, is it when you frontloaded all doc's, and get your visa without a case officer being assigned? .

Is it usually sooner?

I did the process manually without the help of Immi-agents.

* Pearson PTE Academic English Assessment on the 06 Jan 2015 (Superior Assessment 80% Avg)

* PCC obtained effective from 28 Jan 2015 (The birth date was incorrect resubmitted for changes – took 8 months all in all)

* Unabridged birth cert, Smart ID card obtained 02 May 2015

* Positive Skills Assessment from Australian Computer Society received on 07 May 2015 @ 6:30am (ANZSCO code 263111 + 7 years experience)

* EOI finalised and submitted on the 07 May 2015 @ 11:35am

* PR 189 Visa invite received on 07 May 2015 @ 18:30pm (A well oiled machine)

* Payment made and visa lodged on the 21 May 2015

* Medicals booked for 22 June 2015 (Results uploaded within 5 working days)

So far no CO in sight. My IMMI account says that I now have to wait as all medical and docs necessary have been uploaded.

Would anybody on SAAUS recommend submitting the Form80 as I have it ready and filled out.....any suggestions are welcome

A lot of friends (total of 8) got grants who lodged in early May to about the 14th.

Here's hoping that I and many others who lodged in the 3rd week in May get ours soon :)

• Like 3

Hi. Hoping to get news soon. Visa application was lodged 14 May 2015. No formal communication of a CO being assigned as yet.

But something i noticed on my application on the website it says "SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS PROVIDED".

I hope this is an indication that a CO is assigned and going through my documents.!!

Just a matter of days now i think!!!

:)

• Like 2

@jcmaharaj - The "Supporting Documents Required" is merely a heading for all documents that you frontloaded on the eLodgement page. You will notice that underneath is the entire listing of your uploaded documents.

Either way a CO or grant should be on it's way especially if you take into account your lodgement date and this Excel sheet at the bottom of this post.

I wish the best of luck to everybody who has taken on this process :ilikeit:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0AkrdCphtU8u-dGJQSWROUlZ0bThIaUF2VW9zdUZmMlE&type=view&gid=277&f=true&sortcolid=-1&sortasc=true&page=4&rowsperpage=250

• Like 2

@jcmaharaj - The "Supporting Documents Required" is merely a heading for all documents that you frontloaded on the eLodgement page. You will notice that underneath is the entire listing of your uploaded documents.

Either way a CO or grant should be on it's way especially if you take into account your lodgement date and this Excel sheet at the bottom of this post.

I wish the best of luck to everybody who has taken on this process :ilikeit:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0AkrdCphtU8u-dGJQSWROUlZ0bThIaUF2VW9zdUZmMlE&type=view&gid=277&f=true&sortcolid=-1&sortasc=true&page=4&rowsperpage=250

Thanks, but mine now say "PROVIDED". I am also on that spreadsheet. I am following it. What do think if it says provided it was not there before. :ilikeit:

• Like 1

@jcmaharaj - I haven't yet seen the status of "Provided". I am going out on a limb here, but it sounds like your documents are actively being viewed and the "Provided" is just an acknowledgment. Very exciting stuff!!!

Just a question, did you fill in and attach "Form 80" for the personal particulars?

Hi all, does anybody know who the doctor in Bloemfontein is? It will be much closer to us. Can you please provide contact info if possible? Thanks in advance. :)

I did the process manually without the help of Immi-agents.* Pearson PTE Academic English Assessment on the 06 Jan 2015 (Superior Assessment 80% Avg)* PCC obtained effective from 28 Jan 2015 (The birth date was incorrect resubmitted for changes – took 8 months all in all)* Unabridged birth cert, Smart ID card obtained 02 May 2015* Positive Skills Assessment from Australian Computer Society received on 07 May 2015 @ 6:30am (ANZSCO code 263111 + 7 years experience)* EOI finalised and submitted on the 07 May 2015 @ 11:35am* PR 189 Visa invite received on 07 May 2015 @ 18:30pm (A well oiled machine)* Payment made and visa lodged on the 21 May 2015* Medicals booked for 22 June 2015 (Results uploaded within 5 working days)So far no CO in sight. My IMMI account says that I now have to wait as all medical and docs necessary have been uploaded.Would anybody on SAAUS recommend submitting the Form80 as I have it ready and filled out.....any suggestions are welcome

Is it necessary to get the unabridged birth certificate for adults with ID and passport? We have only applied for the kids...

@Shanette -

* My suggestion is read this thoroughly first

http://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa/Heal/Meeting-the-health-requirement/Arranging-a-health-examination

* Here is contact details

http://www.border.gov.au/Lega/Lega/Help/Location/South-Africa

Look under the "Panel Physicians"

* As for "Is it necessary to get the unabridged birth certificate for adults with ID and passport? We have only applied for the kids... ", I am not 100% sure, best to get them because ID and Passport is mandatory and Unabridged Birth Certificates can take a long time to obtain. You don't wan't to make the CO wait in limbo.

• Like 1

@jcmaharaj - I haven't yet seen the status of "Provided". I am going out on a limb here, but it sounds like your documents are actively being viewed and the "Provided" is just an acknowledgment. Very exciting stuff!!!

Just a question, did you fill in and attach "Form 80" for the personal particulars?

I used an agent. so not sure. But they did request i fill that form, so i assume they would have front loaded it.

I never could see anywhere on the website that showed what documents they uploaded, each person always showed recommended. Health showed clear after a few weeks of doing the medicals. And i submitted the police clearance to the agent 4 weeks after lodgement. Therefore when i saw this about documents PROVIDED i got excited. There has been no communication as yet from CO with the agent so hoping all documents and police clearance has been loaded, as there has been no further updates on the application website.

:ilikeit:

@Shanette -

* My suggestion is read this thoroughly first

http://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa/Heal/Meeting-the-health-requirement/Arranging-a-health-examination

* Here is contact details

http://www.border.gov.au/Lega/Lega/Help/Location/South-Africa

Look under the "Panel Physicians"

* As for "Is it necessary to get the unabridged birth certificate for adults with ID and passport? We have only applied for the kids... ", I am not 100% sure, best to get them because ID and Passport is mandatory and Unabridged Birth Certificates can take a long time to obtain. You don't wan't to make the CO wait in limbo.

I agree apply for the unabridged as this can take a while

• Like 1

Hi guys,

It seems very quite on this front....anybody out there that lodged EOI in June for the 189 VISA that have received a invite yet? :whome:

Cheers

G

I spoke to DIBP this morning (SA) time and they said they're currently processing 189's in the first and beginning of the second week in May but their focus is on processing them quickly because of the new financial year and influx of new applications etc.

I personally did mine a week and a bit later so if all goes well and processing goes according to plan (external factors such as outstanding visas aside), I should be getting some communication in the next 2 weeks. She said I wouldn't need to wait that long.

Anyone have any updates, case officer or granted visa?.

I see on the 190 visa list the last closest lodged to grant date was: lodged: 20/05/2015 , granted 03/07/2015 , days to grant 43. There has been no visa granted after the lodged date of 20/07/2015.

Has anyone lodged after this day heard anything? case officer or granted visa?

I lodged on the 21 May 2015. No updates, no case officer nothing. I guess that the best thing to do is just be patient, don't have much choice in the matter :yawn:

Hi all

We lodged on the 18th May and were assigned a case officer on Thursday 9 July :ilikeit:

• Like 3