189's lodged May/June 2015

Hi all,

My application was lodged on the 26th of May so I thought I would combine May and June together since I'm probably closer to the June category

Short story about my process so far:

• Contacted Migrate2Oz in November 2014
  • Wrote my IELTS in Jan 2015 and fortunately scored a band 9.
  • Lodged Skills Assessment with Engineers Australia on the 9th of February
  • Received positive skills assessment on the 23rd of April 2015
  • Visa lodged on 26th of May
  • Medicals booked for 3rd of June
  • Still waiting for my unabridged birth certificate (it's been 10 weeks)
  • Planning on starting the PCC this Saturday (30th of May)
  • Like 1

Best of luck!!! We have a very similar story and time line to you :-)

Also with Migrate2Oz, also contacted them in November 2014 and we lodged yesterday, 28 May 2014 :-)

We havn't booked medicals or done Pcc yet either, but will get to it in June.

We have applied for a 489 Visa (sponsored by QLD)

Here's hoping and praying all goes well for both of us :-)

189 Visa Here.

Visa lodged on May 22nd uploaded all required documents.

Did medicals yesterday so that should be in their system by Tuesday.

Hoping for the best even although some received delay emails saying Visas would only be issued after July 2015. (Oz new financial year).

We also started the process with Migrate2Oz in November 2014, my husband is the main applicant on a Skilled Independent 189 visa. He wrote his IELTS in Jan 2015, I wrote mine in Feb 2015. Lodged our Expression of Interest at the end of January 2015 but missed the first round of invites, so we received our invitation on the 27th of Feb 2015. We applied for PCC, booked our medicals which happened on the 21st of April 2015. All documents were submitted on the 24th of April 2015 and our Visas were granted on the 8th of May 2015.

To add on. PCC was quick and easy, however they forgot to list my maiden name so had to get it re-done. Kids and myself had no issue getting our Unabridged Birth Certificates, but my husband waited nearly 5 months, and had to follow up with them daily to get it sorted.

• Like 1

It stands for Police Clearance Certificate :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

We lodged our 189 application yesterday, 10 June 2015.

Started process in Nov 2014 using Migrate2Oz, all has run smoothly so far.

We are only planning to go over, to Perth, in early 2017 (eldest is finishing matric next year and we have to wrap up a home industry business/school next year).Its a pain really as we will have to do an activation trip during 2016, but trying to be positive and tell the kids it will be a great holiday (the hole in my pocket is not happy or positive, in fact decidedly negative!). Thinking to do the activation trip maybe March/April (still nice and warm there) or end June/July (bit cold for a holiday) to line up with our school holidays.

So going to only do PCC and medicals in July to buy us a little more time for our 1 year activation deadline.

Good luck and keep posting progress or news!

• Like 2

Logged visas Yesterday 9 June

Attached every single document today, including PCC's & UBC's. Medicals finalised

... hoping for a direct grant :boxing:

• Like 2

Looks like there are a lot of us with Reuven at Migrate2Oz :-)

• Like 1

Hi Guys

I will be starting my the process in a few weeks time.

Also going with Ray and Reuven from Migrate2OZ.

Great bunch of guys and very knowledgeable.

FIngers crossed, going 189 route.

Hi everyone, I signed up with migrate2oz in December. Did the IELTS in January. Did the skills assesment in Febuary. Did our medicals and applied for NSW state sponsorship in March. Got offered state sponsorship in April. Lodged EOI on the 12th of May. CO assigned on the 10th of June and now we're just waiting till July.

Hi all in Cape Town

Those who have done their medicals already can you give some advice or recommend who is best. In Town or Tyger Valley?

We have two moody teenagers and a two year old so need someone quick but good with kids!
Much appreciated.

Edited by Wannagonow

Hi Wannagonow, I can't comment on Town's branch because I didn't deal with them, but Tygervalley was relatively quick and the staff are very friendly. All in all we spent about 3 hours there.

Edited by Donnyvcpt

Hi there,

Anybody out there that knows how long the ICAA Skills assessment takes for accountants?

They acknowledged that our paperwork has been received and is being processed this morning.

Just a estimate..... :blush-anim-cl:

Thanks

G

Hi Geite, ours took just over a month. All docs submitted on the 6th may and received assessment on 12th June.

Hi Geite,

Just received my result now on the 15th of June. Submitted application on 27 May. I suspect you'll gethe yours first week of July latest... good luck!

Hi Guys

Just an update, i will be starting the process tomorrow for a 189 PR.

Hopefully it will be smooth and we get throu

gh everything successfully.

Keep you updated :-)

Hi, My application lodged on 14 May 2015, still no case officer. We are using agent Migrate2Oz. Medicals done on 18 May 2015 show clear on the website. I have already submitted police clearance to agent. Has anyone submitted in mid May 2015 that has already been assigned a case officer and received their visas as yet?

Thanks

Hi there jcmaharaj. I submitted on the 12 of May, CO assigned 2 weeks later, but no visa just yet. I doubt there will be any more movement from now until July 1st.

2 South Africans I know who lodged first week in May both got direct grants this morning. Let's keep positive :)

Hi ORC,

Thanks for feedback!

Do you know what date they lodged and if they were using an agent as well?

THanks

I only want to immigrate in 2020, and it'll most likely be on a 189 visa. I'm told that by then, I won't qualify because they're halving the skills list each year, and closing their doors to many occupations?

Does this sound right? Makes me nervous and means I'll have to expedite quite a few things...

not sure on the skills list and nos. Maybe ask an agent.

But i think you have a few years to move to Australia after the visa is granted and you do the activation trip. But you will need to find out exactly what that timeline to keep the PR visa valid. I think 2 out of 5years ???? not sure maybe someone else can help with regard to this?

Thanks, I got the feeling the agent was pushing me for "a sale" so I'm just making 100% sure before I change all my plans for no reason.

Either way, I'll be in a position to have the money for the application, no debt etc by the end of next year...just asking 1000's of questions now :-)