Arriving Cold Turkey

paulmcd

Hi

I am arriving on a PR Visa (189) in September 2015. Brisbane is my destination of choice. Due to the exchange rate not in my favor, I need to know where to stay in Brisbane while I look for work in the CBD. Does any-one know of some places that are not going to be too expensive while I am still on Rands.......? Or if any-one can be kind enough to put me up for a few nights while I find my feet?

Thanks a ton!

Paul

• Like 1

Hey,

Sorry this doesn't answer your question, but recruiters will want to know where you live. Basically, they are worried that you will leave the job after 6 months the because your commute is too long.

So, if you want to stay in a cheaper neighbourhood initially, then do some research on where you would like to stay once you have a job.

Look for a Hayes salary survey to know roughly what you will earn. Then use a site like www.peoplelikeu.com.au to see what the living costs of someone like u are (assuming you live in the suburb). Then go and visit the suburb and spend some time there. You might even join a church there for example.

That's all to show the recruiters you are serious about living there.

I know I live in Sydney, but I have had every recruiter that's ever called me up ask where I live.

Cheers

• Like 1

Wish airbnb.com was around when we started, well worth a look.