Cape Town Coffee Club 2015

JoByron

Hi All,

My boyfriend and I would love to chat to some people in Cape Town who are also applying to move to Oz.

If anyone is interested please let me know. :ilikeit:

Jo

• Like 1

Hi - I was thinking the same thing just the other day - you just beat me to putting it out there :D The number of Capetonians seems to have increased exponentially since I started this process back in July last year.

What/When were you thinking?

If it's over a weekend that we're free, would love to join.

• Like 1

Great. Maybe afte after Easter weekend?

I'm Claremont side but don't mind driving somewhere. So maybe Saturday 11 April or the following week?

We also don't mind driving ( in Durbanville ), but perhaps let's see how much interest there is in the meetup, and then see which area suits the majority?

After Easter would be great from my side.

Oh great idea.

Would love to meet up.

In Muizenberg, but happy to travel.

Hi All, I used 4 Courners immigration. Paola was fantastic. We obtained a State sponsored ACT PR Visa 176 for Canberra, but once we received our PR Visa, I applied at the company i had sought after for a long time in Brisbane and moved here. Once you have PR, and you "cant find work" in Canberra but get offered a position elsewhere, they will let you work there. A few people I have met, have done the same and they are living a fantastic life in Australia.

I love and miss CT, but for my young family and the educational and crime aspects and opportunities for the future, Australia was been a great choice. I went to Bishops in Cape Town for 10 years then Stellies, then progressed to Old Mutual (2 years ) , Private Client Holdings (6 years) and now Elston Partners Brisbane 2 years.

Why am I telling you all this - My network and opportunities are huge in Cape Town but for my children, things are very different as the country has changed a lot from the time I finished. You will all Enjoy Australia. Brisbane is particularly nice with a fantastic lifestyle and affordable homes in the Gold coast and sunshine coast. Brisbane CBD is more expensive.

If anyone has questions about anything, please let me know and i will help where i can. When i arrived i found out quickly that things are very different over here. There are also a lot of South Africans here - I cant believe the amount of people i have met that I have know in South Africa from a long time ago. It makes me very aware of how many people have left and are leaving and then numbers must be particularly high.

Good luck to you all.....

Gareth

• Like 3

Hi All,

Saturday 11 April 2015 suits me. I reckon we now have sufficient heads for a get-together. How about Kirstenbosch Gardens?

Yes I can do Kirstenbosch - how many people do we have confirmed for this meet up?

Which restaurant? Should we say 11am on Sat 11 April?

Hi Guys. I will be at Kirstenbosch Gardens at 11:00 on Saturday 11 April. Let's meet at the restaurant and then decide where we want to set up camp. If you would like my cell number so we can make contact at the venue you can mail me on grantwhittaker@tiscali.co.za (are we allowed to give out email addresses on this forum?). Look forward to seeing you. Grant.

Hi,

Which restaurant are you planning to meet up at? The tea room one up at the top near the nursery, or the bottom bigger one ?

Is the plan then to do a BYO picnic and camp under a tree somewhere?

Can we do the top tea room, meet outside and go from there?

I'm keen for a picnic if everyone else is :D

Guys, we're so bummed, we can't make it anymore :-( We hope to meet you all soon, have fun at Kirstenbosch!

Nicole

Hi

I will meet at the top tea room too, with my picnic goodies.

See you on Saturday.

Hubby and I confirm we're coming too.

Um, there are usually quite a few groups gathering in that area at the top tea room - how are we going to know who's who? Are we pm'ing cell numbers to confirmed attendees?

My wife and I with three kids will be there! 11 at the top restaurant. We might be a little late, are you all PM'ing each other your numbers?

Thanks for the awesome meet up today everyone.

So lovely to share stories and advice.

To all still in the process of obtaining their visas, hang in there and good luck.

Thanks Jo for organizing.

Thanks so much for coming everyone. It was really positive to chat and meet you all. Another get together in the next few months? Grant said he will organise... thanks Grant! But seriously though, I don't mind organising again. :)

• Like 1

A real pleasure to meet you all. Thanks for the great conversation and chats, nor to meet some people in the same boat. Big thanks to Jo for being on the ball! Defiantly there for the next one!

Great to meet everyone today. It was therapeutic to chat about experiences / hopes etc with people who truly understand the processes involved with applying for this visa, and the resultant emotions and stress !

Thanks again Jo for organizing, and hope we can all meet up again.

• Like 1