IELTS for better score?

Cole

Hi folks,

My husband has submitted his EOI for a PR189 with the score he obtained for the IELTS he did in October, but is considering doing the IELTS again to obtain a better score, so that he can increase his points on the EOI (he loses 5 points at his next birthday).

He's asked me to pose the following question: if he sits for the IELTS again, and gets a worse score than the first test, does he have to use the latest IELTS score and update his EOI, or can he use the best score, whichever test that came from?

Thanks in advance.

He does not have to use the latest IELTS result, as long as his initial test is still valid.

• Like 1

You can use any test score, as long as it is valid. I'm in a similar situation.

• Like 1

When is his next birthday? If I understand correctly you only have to be that age at the time of applying for your VISA ??

• Like 1

When is his next birthday? If I understand correctly you only have to be that age at the time of applying for your VISA ??

Hi Tazzn, his birthday is in June. We've applied for the EOI with 60 points but would far rather try for 70 points, because he loses 5 points in June.