GUIDE TO THE 143 PARENT VISA

Orphan

Hi

I am urgently looking for a telephone number for the visa office (not the toll free number). We have a CO since last Monday and we have not heard anything as yet. All paperwork were emailed last Monday. Need to find out what is going on. Can anybody help please.

Hi RonelP,

Found the following link: _ The Parent Visa Centre is in Perth far as I know.....hope this helps, though it only shows a fax number:

Also try this link: http://www.immi.gov.au/Help/Pages/our-telephone-numbers.aspx?heading=general-enquiries

Good luck :blush-anim-cl:

Monday 25th May : Dropped all required, completed and signed Forms, together with certified copies of all necessary Certificates.

Wednesday 27th May : Still waiting for my son, the Sponsor, to submit Form 40 and certified copies of what is required from him.

Am certain he will get everything off timeously for 1st VA to be submitted before end June '15.

On another note : I'd dearly want to take my sheepskin slippers and 2 prs of Uggs with me when leaving here. Has anyone had experience with these being prohibited from entering Aus? Would welcome feedback on this.

Have a good one everyone :blush-anim-cl:

We are just a couple of months (25 Feb 2015) ahead of you so our processes should be very similar. Lovely to have another person in almost the same boat with me. Lets enjoy the journey and stop fretting......easier said than done yeah? Wishing us both a smooth process. Once we get there, meet up and have a biggggggggggg barbeque party!!

We are just a couple of months (25 Feb 2015) ahead of you so our processes should be very similar. Lovely to have another person in almost the same boat with me. Lets enjoy the journey and stop fretting......easier said than done yeah? Wishing us both a smooth process. Once we get there, meet up and have a biggggggggggg barbeque party!!

That sounds like fun :ilikeit: Where will you be heading to? For now, the plan is to live with son in Canberra.

That sounds like fun :ilikeit: Where will you be heading to? For now, the plan is to live with son in Canberra.

Hopefully Brisbane.

• 3 weeks later...

Morning to you all. We are busy with all the form work at present and would like to lodge by the end of June.Just a final check that we have all the correct forms.

1. Form 47PA

2. Form 80 me

3. Form 80 wife

4. Form 956 for sponsor to receive correspondence

5, Form 40 my son the sponsor

If there are any other forms to be filled in please let me know via this forum.

Wishing all who are applying and waiting good luck.

Good luck to you and your wife.

My Visa application was lodged yesterday (23rd June) with the 1st payment is being processed. Hope all goes through smoothly. The next 2 years of waiting will be a challenge.

• Like 1

Morning to you all. We are busy with all the form work at present and would like to lodge by the end of June.Just a final check that we have all the correct forms.

1. Form 47PA

2. Form 80 me

3. Form 80 wife

4. Form 956 for sponsor to receive correspondence

5, Form 40 my son the sponsor

If there are any other forms to be filled in please let me know via this forum.

Wishing all who are applying and waiting good luck.

I think you also need to complete form 47A for your wife as a dependent if you are the main applicant. Ask Orphan (Now adopted) just to be sure. Good luck!

You need only complete Form 47A if you have a "dependant child or family member over 18 years old", whether or not that person is emigrating with you, or not.

Note this excludes your "Partner", or any children under 18 years old, whose details are included in the main application (i.e. Form 47PA)

Yippee, yippee YAYYYYE :ilikeit::whome:

DIBP advised that : “the payment went through this morning and the admin staff will send you the acknowledgement letter and receipt soon.”

My daughter is 34 and NOT immigrating with us and is NOT dependent on us. Does that mean we do not need to fill in Form 47a?

The process has started for you MomMuerte as you say the long wait starts now. I am sure the time will fly by with you packing and reading yourself for the big move. Keep us up to date with dates etc.

Thank you JIG, will do. Good luck to you.

MomMeurte - Wonderful news! Congratulations! Looking forward to having you over on this side of the ditch!

JIG - Your daughter is not a "Dependant", and therefore you need not submit form 47 A

Thanks Orphan. You are so helpful to us all. Takes a lot of pressure off. Hope to catch up one day.

Hi All

We received the correct letter on Monday 25 May 2015. My daughter emailed all the docs immediately and now we so excited because like everybody else we will hear in a day or so. Well on Monday 22 June 2015 we received the email requested 2nd VAC. 28 days after the letter from the CO. I think we broke the record!!!!!!!!!! Money paid yesterday, so now to wait for the "Golden Letter". O BTW, our entry date is 05 November 2015. Little more than 4 months. Hope we get all our things sorted out by then.

Will keep you posted.

Thanks Orphan. Am looking forward to it :blush-anim-cl:

Hi RonelP. Well done. How many months from first application until now?

Hi JIG

1 day short of 22 months. Just so glad the waiting is over. We waited 28 days after we received a CO for them to ask for 2nd VAC, I think that is definitely a record.

Hope yours wont take that long.

Hi Ronel,

It's great that everything went off smoothly and quickly for you.

Although using a migrating agent, they're loathe to commit to dates and I was wondering if you would shed some light as to the next steps after having paid the 1st VAC. I know I'll be getting an acknowledgement letter and receipt from DIBP soon.

Is the CO appointed first and he/she requests medicals and PC? I expect this to happen around 20-24 months from now, just not sure in which order exactly.

Look forward to hearing from you and thanks in advance.

Hi All,

My husband and I submitted our application (via an agency) and received an acknowledgement on 1 October 2014.

This week we received an email from our agent stating that we should hear from the Parent Visa Centre in about 14 months time - there is a backlog and they are only processing applications lodged in August 2013. :cry::cry:

Does anyone else have more promising news :magic:

Hi All,

My husband and I submitted our application (via an agency) and received an acknowledgement on 1 October 2014.

This week we received an email from our agent stating that we should hear from the Parent Visa Centre in about 14 months time - there is a backlog and they are only processing applications lodged in August 2013. :cry::cry:

Does anyone else have more promising news :magic:

That is more or less the waiting period according to the Automated response one gets from sending ones monthly email. Good news, last time I received a response, that August 2013 was a particularly busy month and they were processing 29th August 2013 applications, so hopefully once August 2013 has been processed things should move on at a faster pace until we get to another particularly busy month. I have a lot of faith in their system, but think you should not get too excited about anything until you receive the email requesting you to go for your medicals and get your police clearance after upon receipt of those, things move on a lot faster. So lets save up our energy and work towards a healthier lifestyle and keeping ourselves out of jail. Hahahaha. On a serious note, yes, it certainly is a long time to wait, but it will be SO worth it in the end I am sure. The whole procedure can take up to 24 months, so while we are all waiting for the same email or letter, lets join hands and pray and share experiences and worries et al and stand united and strong. We all SHALL get there!! Good luck to all and many blessings and lots of patience during the waiting period I wish you all. Lets keep each other motivated and inspired by all the little pieces of good news regarding our processes. Like, for example. you will get there at least almost 5 months ahead of us!! How is THAT for a bit of news to cheer you up? Time flies anyway...... 10 months will have been done and dusted in no time! Once you are where you are going and keep in touch with all of us still in the waiting room, you will be in a position to tell us what to do and where we can all meet up and have a grand old party to celebrate us all being over there. Keep believing and stay strong. We will all get there and we will all be happy to be reunited with our families. Think of it this way....... I am sure you WILL be in Australia at least by 1st October 2016! What a tremendous thing to look forward to. Spending Christmas AND New Years with your family which is a great great occasion.! Good luck and whenever you feel down, PM me and we can chat and cheer each other up to make time go by even faster. OK? Deal? you are almost 9 months in the waiting room......... maximum at the worst

15 to go......... not bad at all. You are almost halfway there! Try to look at one tiny little positive aspect of where we are now every day (and ignore the negatives) and I am sure we will be skyping or whatsapping one another in no time from another continent while we both are there.By the way I am sweet talking you into helping me facing the 5 months that you will have been living in Australia whilst I will still be stuck here hehehehe.

• Like 1

Good luck to you and your wife.

My Visa application was lodged yesterday (23rd June) with the 1st payment is being processed. Hope all goes through smoothly. The next 2 years of waiting will be a challenge.

There you go! 5 days gone past already, then 5 months and then you are frantically going for medicals and getting your police clearance and before you know it, booking your tickets to Australia! Time flies, enjoy the journey! Remember that not many people have the opportunities we have. we are the lucky ones!

Thank you Elna for that boost of motivation :blush-anim-cl: . Always good to have someone rooting for you......Am told the letter of acknowlegdgement and receipt for payment will follow in the next few weeks, so that is the first thing to look forward to....yay :ilikeit: Are the medicals and PCC requested first before a CO is appointed? The migration agents tell me there will a wait of some 18-24 months, so am guessing the medicals and PCC/CO will happen earliest 18 months from now.

• Like 1

Thank you Elna for your positive motivation. We will be positive and as you put it "in 2016 I will be celebrating Christmas with my daughter" that will keep me motivated.

You keep strong in the "waiting room". :ilikeit:

• Like 1

Hi All

Hope all of you have a shorter waiting than what we had. Ours was 1 day short of 22 months. We lodged 23 August 2013 with the rest of the world it seems.

MomMuerte, you do not receive requests for Medicals or PC. We did our PC about 1 year after lodging and our medicals 16 months after lodging. When you received acknowledgement letter, there is a check list that recommends when to do all of this. Don't forget about the AOS. We did ours very early, but I suggest do it about 14 months after lodgement.

You only receive a CO once they start processing your date. Normally when you receive a CO, it is VERY close. The CO requests the AOS and your PC. The medicals are done electronically by the GP. You have to email everything to them and normally within a couple of days they request 2nd VAC or more info. We sent our PC to my daughter just after we received it. It is better to have it there asap. Although they request an email, they might also ask for the originals. My suggestion is to send your second VAC to your kids as soon as you see the exchange rate is better. Even better, if you visit the kids before visa is approved, open an Aus bank account, giving your kids signing power and then you can transfer the money directly into your own account. Read up on the finance laws of SA. I would send money on an annual basis to avoid huge tax implications.

All of this is only suggestions.

Colgill....... I hope that they wipe out the backlog. As I said, 1 day short of 22 months.

Please let me know where you all off to. We going to Perth.

O by the way. Our entry date is 5 November 2015. So there is not a lot of time to sort everything out, but I know the Lord will help us.

• Like 1