In the immortal words of Supernatural... The Journey So Far...

SDTCPT

Continuing my epic streak of year long waits between posts...

A lot has happened during this year. We moved from Sydney to Bunbury in WA. My wife has started 2 new jobs. First one here in Bunbury (did not work out so well) and her current one in Perth. I am still without luck in that department. We are on the verge of moving to Perth after a year in Bunbury. Just waiting for the travel restrictions to lift so that we can go look at places to stay and actually move when we find one. Hopefully my luck with finding a job will increase once we are there.

The biggest thing is that i have just submitted ou Citizenship application today. Now the wait begins. (Can't believe we have been here a bit more than 4 years already...)

Anyway, that's it for now.

Stay safe guys

3 hours ago, SDTCPT said:

Continuing my epic streak of year long waits between posts...

A lot has happened during this year. We moved from Sydney to Bunbury in WA. My wife has started 2 new jobs. First one here in Bunbury (did not work out so well) and her current one in Perth. I am still without luck in that department. We are on the verge of moving to Perth after a year in Bunbury. Just waiting for the travel restrictions to lift so that we can go look at places to stay and actually move when we find one. Hopefully my luck with finding a job will increase once we are there.

The biggest thing is that i have just submitted ou Citizenship application today. Now the wait begins. (Can't believe we have been here a bit more than 4 years already...)

Anyway, that's it for now.

Stay safe guys

Hi there! Bunbury, you say? I have family in Perth that I want to be nearer to - we moved over here after 2 and a half years in regional QLD. My PR visa is still in application so untill such time as THAT comes through, Bunno it is... 

Where did you guys stay here? We've been here since Jan... then Covid hit and we've been stuck - can't even see family! At least now you have clarity on when you can go to Perth to look-see for accommodation! 

• 1 month later...

SDTCPT Sent you a pm. 

Edited by Barbara1

On 5/11/2020 at 8:55 PM, MargotOrch said:

Hi there! Bunbury, you say? I have family in Perth that I want to be nearer to - we moved over here after 2 and a half years in regional QLD. My PR visa is still in application so untill such time as THAT comes through, Bunno it is... 

Where did you guys stay here? We've been here since Jan... then Covid hit and we've been stuck - can't even see family! At least now you have clarity on when you can go to Perth to look-see for accommodation! 

Hi Margot,

First off, all the best with that PR application. I really hope that comes through quickly. We live right in Bunbury itself, near Aristos restaurant. Bunbury is a beautiful little place.

Hope you get close to family soon. 

Well damn, a post within a couple of weeks of my last. No wonder it's raining.

So, finally they lifted the travel restrictions and we could actually go and look for a place to stay.

What a mission! We saw some really great looking apartments, in great areas with great views and such. Only problem is one of would have to sleep in the bathroom or we would need to get bunk beds and have one of our desks out in the hallway or something. They really build the bedrooms in these newer apartments very bloody small. Most of the two bedroom places are only good for a single who uses the 2nd bedroom for a office.

Well after three straight weekends of coming up from Bunbury to Perth we have finally found a place. Everything is signed and we are picking up the keys on Friday and doing the move (ourselfs, yikes) over the weekend.

Hopefully the new place works out... 

Onward and upward as they say.

• 7 months later...

And so the journey ends...

Well kind of, anyway.

Australia Day 2021 is the day that we will officially become Australian Citizens. To be honest, I an not sure how I feel about that. I am glad to have made it this far, I really am. We have no desire to go back at all. So this kind of makes it final. We are not keeping our RSA Citizenship, that is a decision that we have both made for ourselves. I know that there are pro's and con's relating to this decision, but it is the one we made. 

I just want to say Thanks again to all the people who has help us along our journey.

May 2021 be a good one for all.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, SDTCPT said:

Australia Day 2021 is the day that we will officially become Australian Citizens.

Awesome, congrats!  How long did this take from the day you applied for citizenship?

Hi ChrisH.

We applied on 11/04/2020. We went for our Citizenship Interview and Test on 14/10/2020 (The interview itself was not that long for us. If I remember correctly they just checked the documents that I submitted, I got asked 2 or 3 questions by the agent. Then I went to do the test. Took all of maybe 15 minutes.) I think it took maybe 1 to 3 days after the test for it to show Approved on the Immi.gov.au website (We got a letter in the mail confirming the approval some time later. Not sure when.) Then on 30/11/2020 we received invitations for the Australia Day ceremony.

So all in all from the day we applied to the day of our ceremony it will be about 9 and a half months.

Thanks, thats not actually too bad.  We're eligible in June so I'm trying to figure out if its even worth renewing our saffa passports of just wait for Aussie.  Don't think we'll be able to travel internationally this year.

• Haha 1

My old passport expired in Nov 2020. I applied for a new one in Jan 2020. It arrived just 3 days before we went for our interview. I just had to update the details on the Immi.gov.au website. I did not think that passport would reach us before the application was finalised... Jip, does not look good for any kind of international travel, hopefully they keep the state borders open...