Jacob Zuma this weekend: Jan van Rieebeck's arrival was the beginning of all our problems

mistermoose

I'm not sure I agree with some of the conclusions drawn in this article, but just looking at JZ's quotes alone is an insulting experience:

http://southafricatoday.net/south-africa-news/jan-van-riebeecks-arrival-the-beginning-of-all-sas-problems-zuma/

Jan van Riebeeck’s arrival the beginning of all SA’s problems: Zuma

On January 10, 2015 at 5:49 pm

zuma-anc-310x168.jpg

In a speech in Cape Town on Friday evening the 9th of January 2015, President Jacob Zuma made the following statement:

“Jan van Riebeeck’s arrival in Cape Town was the beginning of all South Africa’s problems.”

Never in the history of the world have I heard a Head of State so clearly saying to a part of the population of his country: You are a problem. You are not wanted here. Apart maybe from Adolf Hitler to the Jews of Germany. We take note, mr Zuma. We’ll get back to this.

You see, president, we have known for a long time that you are not a very clever man (how’s that for an understatement?!), but to show such clear evidence of your lack of understanding even the most basic knowledge of our history is a blemish on this country.

1) Jan van Riebeeck did not arrive in Cape Town. There was no Cape Town, there was no road, harbour, Castle of Good Hope, Parliament building, airport, Nkandla or KFC in sight. There was no infrastructure, there was no democracy or election. In fact, there wasn’t even a black man in sight. The southern tip of Africa looked pretty much as it did on the day of creation, because the few scattered groups of Khoisan people lived off the land and slept in minute little huts of reed which they would roll up and carry about on their backs when they moved on.

In fact, mr Zuma, everything that you set your eyes on, was created by that civilisation which Jan van Riebeeck and the descendants of his people brought to this country. Of course, if you wish the country to return to the state of living in little huts of mud, wearing animal skins, not being able to read of write or in fact not even having had the capability of inventing the wheel, by all means – crawl back into your hut. But I’ll be damned if the civilised white, coloured and Indian population will follow you into that state. You belong in a hut, not me.

2) As applies to where the problem started: The problem started when the weaker and more cowardly African tribes starting running for their lives in the region around the great lakes of Malawi and fled southwards ahead of the Berbers.

As far as they went they murdered and raped and pillaged and stole the land from the rightful owners, the Khoi people. They met the white man around 1718 in the Eastern Cape. Those were your ancestors, mr Zuma,.

And the problem started when your ANC decided it wanted to adopt Western concepts like democracy, government, multiculturalism. Unfortunately the African incapability of understanding abstract thought and hypothetical reasoning makes it irreconcilable, so you decided to imitate.

Mr Zuma, a palace bigger than that of the former Czar of Russia, a fleet of BMW’s, the vote of the majority of non-reasoning people and a KFC meal and a Samsung with enough airtime is not sufficient. The world has recognised you for what you are: YOU are the problem!

3) Zuma ended off his speech with another statement: “We, the black nation, are crying for our land which was taken by the white people.” Kissing up to Julius Malema now or what? WHAT land? Where is your deed an poll?

What evidence do you have? What do you call the vast pieces of land called the Ingonyama Trust and the Royal Bafokeng Trust apart from “our land” for the black man then? No mr Zuma, you might as well stop your act.

We will resist you stealing OUR land, be prepared for that. One thing you have to understand, and there will be no negotiation on that: White South Africa built this country to what it is, we’ll see you in hell before we leave it to your mercy.

You labour under the misunderstanding that we are going to hand it all to you on a silver platter because we feel guilty. Don’t. You are wrong again.

You see, the one thing that you keep trying (and like a fool doesn’t realise that it is not working) is to blame “apartheid” and the injustices of the past and then offering the white man your forgiveness. And you think that, combined with the brand of “racist” will shame us.

You’ve missed the bus, mr Zuma. Black majority government in this country is shameful failure and your forgiveness means nothing to us. Keep it. We have no use for it, we are not interested in it. So carry on living in your ignorant little bubble of stupidity – the age of ethnic nationalism has dawned in the rest of the world and it will reach South Africa also. And you will have to bow your head and stand ashamed before history for having had all the opportunities imaginable and making one big, and gruesome bloody genocidal mess of it.

Edited by mistermoose

He is an idiot in my view. Loved the one show when they asked him if he was a criminal. He laughed and asked, "what is a criminal? That is a western concept. You must first define a criminal" WTF The concept has been around since Caine killed Abel yer Beavis!

Ha ha ha ha ha - and even crazier, the votes gained by this kind of mentality (wanted to say reasoning, but you cannot reason with an idiot). And even more crazy - Europe, England, America start to experience ( but dare not to acknowledge) the same problems caused by these descendants from Africa. On a smaller scale maybe, but unfortunately the cracks are showing. You can only take Detroit as an example and compare the city's prosperity vs inhabitants to what it was a mere 50 years ago.

• Like 1

He is an idiot in my view. Loved the one show when they asked him if he was a criminal. He laughed and asked, "what is a criminal? That is a western concept. You must first define a criminal" WTF The concept has been around since Caine killed Abel yer Beavis!

Incorrect. A criminal means you broke the applicable law. In order to have laws you need to write them down.

As far as I remember from school, it took white people to figure out how to write down isizulu.

In Africa its, "my bribe was the biggest.. So the chief decided those cows are rightfully mine".

Edited by monsta
  • Like 1

He says, while wearing his Armani suit, rolex watch, driving in his BMW X7 and flying in his expensive jet ... obviously all made in Africa by Africans hey Einstein?

• Like 2

You guys are all wrong! :jester: :jester:

It is in his cultcha to have those things bru. So much of bling man! That prick will never change, tells people about moral regeneration while shagging his one brain cell loose. Oh yes, she was wearing a kanga, so she was "asking for it" How silly of me. I still cant believe this tit is not in jail. Crazy despot like mad Bob, whom will hopefully expire soon. I just hope that whatever abomination rises up out of the ashes of ZANU-PF is better than he, but I must say I don't hold much in the way of faith on that one! As for people saying Cyril is better than Jacob, may I remind them that Cyril "shoot em down" does not have our interests at heart.

• Like 2

I don't think that any Aussie politicians have the public's interests at heart. In Aussie politics is just a game for competitive people.

Australia is the land of a few large mining companies and several big duopoly companies. I.e. two companies that dominate an industry. The name of the game for these big companies is to control everything... Control their staff (make them work free overtime in the hope of a promotion) and controlling the politics.

Its not uncommon for a mining company to put out TV adverts about a new tax or something else they don't like. Then a few months later the politicians side with the mines.

If you can get it in RSA.. Watch an Aussie DVD called "dirty business.. How mining made Australia". Aussie history shares a lot in common with RSA.

I think the day his mother shat him out was the beginning of many of RSA's current problems.

• Like 3

For 20 years Zuma blamed his and his government's incompetence on apartheid. Now that people are getting sick of it and he is running out of that excuse, he had to find another one - thus Jan van Riebeeck. Until that excuse gets old too. I guess then Jesus would be to blame...

He is a corrupt, incompetent twat - no better words to describe him. And as long as he is at the reigns, it will all end up in the drain.

• Like 2

...there was footage of the recent G20 summit here in Brisbane and the camera focused on Zuma sitting down on his own at the trough for his feed. Obama was walking towards him and almost made an about-turn, but not before Zuma got up and said 'Hello, how are you?'. Obama gave him a mildly friendly hello and walked away - I almost peed in my pants - thought to myself, Zuma, you've just been dissed by a real president boet!

• Like 2

i wish someone would give him his bloody machine gun and just get it over already. It boggles my mind how such an idiot could ever ascend the the Presidency, but hey, its Africa! By my estimates he will offically bankrupt the country within 5 years. Point of no point, unrecoverable. Tosser, can't he just be jailed already? What cracks me is the sychophantic behaviour of the people around him. The Cult of JZ. Sickens me.

just to lighten the mood a little. post-20798-0-96821800-1421923219_thumb.jpost-20798-0-94801200-1421923222_thumb.jpost-20798-0-97758200-1421923225_thumb.jpost-20798-0-44915900-1421923232_thumb.j

Just In case you guys haven't seen it yet!!

• Like 1

African pollies don't answer questions for 2 reasons.

1. They don't know the answers.

2. They don't know the answers but if they did know the answer they would be wise not to answer the question to avoid any admissions of guilt.

Imagine what Leigh Sales, or Tony Jones would do to Zuma in a few minutes. Many many years ago John Robbie was in the same class as these interviewers but he has long since become an obsequious puppet to political correctness.

Ha ha ha ha ha - and even crazier, the votes gained by this kind of mentality (wanted to say reasoning, but you cannot reason with an idiot). And even more crazy - Europe, England, America start to experience ( but dare not to acknowledge) the same problems caused by these descendants from Africa. On a smaller scale maybe, but unfortunately the cracks are showing. You can only take Detroit as an example and compare the city's prosperity vs inhabitants to what it was a mere 50 years ago.

I find the tone of this post offensive. Everyone can see the historic issues African Americans carry with them and the affect it still has on them as a group. Recognising the issue is different to being blind to the causes. Our Australian Aboriginals have similar issues to overcome.

i wish someone would give him his bloody machine gun and just get it over already. It boggles my mind how such an idiot could ever ascend the the Presidency, but hey, its Africa! By my estimates he will offically bankrupt the country within 5 years. Point of no point, unrecoverable. Tosser, can't he just be jailed already? What cracks me is the sychophantic behaviour of the people around him. The Cult of JZ. Sickens me.

It must be so hard to be ruled by a corrupt man like Zuma who uses racism as a political tool and not be able to do anything about it.

Edited by Fish

I agree, Fish. If you have first hand experience, the reasoning in this country's leadership is even more offensive. I'll give the same answer as Zuma recently: "I am not anti-white ( I am not anti-black), I am just giving the facts."

If I had to carry around historic issues with me like "they" do, I would have to blame the Queen of England for all that's gone wrong in our country. But it is not part of my genetic make-up to seek excuses and go around raping and plundering and murdering in the name of being previously disadvantaged (which is exactly what we were at some stages in our history). We stand up, forgive, move forward.

I do not want to enter into a debate about this, but I do understand that it is easy to feel sorry for the now "oh so previously disadvantaged leaders of our country" due to lack of first hand experience and knowledge about our true history.

Come over and walk in our streets (not the streets behind security gates, the streets of our small towns and our CBD's) you'll sing another song.

Edited by Kanniewagnie

I agree, Fish. If you have first hand experience, the reasoning in this country's leadership is even more offensive. I'll give the same answer as Zuma recently: "I am not anti-white ( I am not anti-black), I am just giving the facts."

If I had to carry around historic issues with me like "they" do, I would have to blame the Queen of England for all that's gone wrong in our country. But it is not part of my genetic make-up to seek excuses and go around raping and plundering and murdering in the name of being previously disadvantaged (which is exactly what we were at some stages in our history). We stand up, forgive, move forward.

I do not want to enter into a debate about this, but I do understand that it is easy to feel sorry for the now "oh so previously disadvantaged leaders of our country" due to lack of first hand experience and knowledge about our true history.

Come over and walk in our streets (not the streets behind security gates, the streets of our small towns and our CBD's) you'll sing another song.

African Americans are not South African nor do they share your history. Their commonality is the colour of their skin. African Americans as a group can't just peel off that disadvantage like an orange after 'moving forward', it is entrenched inter generational disadvantage passed from the days of slavery through to now. It is real disadvantage there at birth (as a group of course, not every individual), not a historical Queen of England style slight that affects us in theory and that we can harbour or not on a whim without the slightless difference to our lives.

I do not agree that Detroits failure is simply down to the colour of their skin or race, but instead to the fact that the African American group historically in the U.S. has the least money passed from generation to generation, the least educational support and opportunity, the least family stability etc etc. Recognising this does not absolve every individual African American from judgement for all their personal decisions but as a group failure to recognise this leads to a failure in policy.

Edited by Fish

Reasons for Detroit's bankruptcy are reported to include:

1. shrinking tax base due to declining population - the reason for this is that the city is distinction from the surrounding suburbs and while Detroit is considered to be the cradle of motor vehicle manufacture in the USA, the motor manufacturers are actually not located in the city but are located in suburbs outside the city limits and so outside of its tax base.

2. costs of health care and pension for an aging population.

3. cost of funding borrowing costs incurred prior to the GFC.

4. poor record keeping and antiquated computer systems.

5. 47% of the population don't pay their property taxes - the reasons being, property valuations are grossly inflated so the rates are too high (by some reports valuations are inflated by 4x), there are no services (ie no road maintenance, failure to maintain street lights, not enough police) and unemployment. The city has apparently given up on trying to foreclose on people who don't pay, as there are simply too many.

6. corruption - apparently a number of city employees are paid a 13th cheque (like a SAfrican bonus) in a system that doesn't actually pay 13th cheques.

Reasons for Detroit's bankruptcy are reported to include:

1. shrinking tax base due to declining population - the reason for this is that the city is distinction from the surrounding suburbs and while Detroit is considered to be the cradle of motor vehicle manufacture in the USA, the motor manufacturers are actually not located in the city but are located in suburbs outside the city limits and so outside of its tax base.

2. costs of health care and pension for an aging population.

3. cost of funding borrowing costs incurred prior to the GFC.

4. poor record keeping and antiquated computer systems.

5. 47% of the population don't pay their property taxes - the reasons being, property valuations are grossly inflated so the rates are too high (by some reports valuations are inflated by 4x), there are no services (ie no road maintenance, failure to maintain street lights, not enough police) and unemployment. The city has apparently given up on trying to foreclose on people who don't pay, as there are simply too many.

6. corruption - apparently a number of city employees are paid a 13th cheque (like a SAfrican bonus) in a system that doesn't actually pay 13th cheques.

Sounds like RSA - but I'm sure that's coincidence.

And I hate to burst anyone's bubble, but is there ANY country in Africa that isn't a basket case?

Or Portugal or Greece.

Or Portugal Or greece? Please elaborate

Uncle Jan wanted to open a tuck shop, not take over the non-existent government

On January 23, 2015 at 8:38 am

van-riebeeck-zuma-300x168.jpg

After president Jacob Zuma’s downright idiotic statement two weeks ago that all the problems in South Africa started with the arrival of Jan van Riebeeck in 1652, I have been noticing quite a number of Jan van Riebeeck profile pictures, cartoons and T-shirts going about. As could be expected – I would personally consider doing anything civilised to annoy Jacob Zuma as well.

But I think one should have one last word about this and then we can focus on the future again, instead of doing the ANC thing of dwelling in the past for ever. They have started with blaming apartheid for everything until they realised that some of us actually remember the years of apartheid and might not be as foolish as the majority of KFC-eating, my-vote-for-a-free-yellow-tee-shirt, snorting and dumping rubbish in the streets-voters are.

So now he tried to blame a section of history which nobody can remember first hand. Stuuuuupid! Europeans actually had the skill to write and record journals, and if the president bothered to read one or two from time to time, he might not make such a fool of himself. But I understand he said once that he is not one for reading much. That is very obvious, I fear.

The president passed standard 3 at school, I understand. Which explains his lack of knowledge, because the old standard 5 history text book was the one which taught us that Jan van Riebeeck was sent to the Cape to establish a halfway station for the trade ships of the DEIC (HOIK or Vereenigd Oost Indische Compagnie). There never was the intention of colonising or settling.

Uncle Jan wanted to open a tuck shop, not take over the (non-existent) government! We know that all too well, because he sent out only a few expeditions to trade cattle with the Khoi-groups in the Peninsula and allowed the first free citizens to measure out small farms only after a lengthy correspondence with Amsterdam. He left the Cape after a decade, never to return and never to look back.

No, if Jacob Zuma wants to blame the first Dutch “settler” we must look at the arrival of the last Commander of the Cape who also became the first governor in 1679. This was the man who started building the strong sandstone fortifications of the Castle of Good Hope, who measured out farms, planted endless avenues of trees, started new enterprises, in particular viticulture, and within three weeks after his arrival visited all the outposts of the Cape.

On the 3rd of November 1679 he arrived at a lovely spot nestled in the mountains by a river and decided to establish a “colony” of people there and to build a new town. This was a very clear indication that this man, Simon van der Stel, who named the new town, Stellenbosch, after himself, intended to stay and to create a new nation.

It is ever more obvious as he, after his retirement, never left the Cape but went to live on his farm, Groot Constantia, despite the fact that his children all returned to the Netherlands. He lived for another 14 years before peacefully passing on, loved and respected and known as “Father Simon” by the people of the Cape – black and white alike. Simon van der Stel, the first colonialist…

Now, before you decide that you had the wrong spirit exorcised and that Jan van Riebeeck was only a visitor while Simon van der Stel was the bad guy who brought the white man to this country: Here is a little challenge for you, mr Zuma.

We have no reliable portrait of Simon van der Stel, only a description which tells us that he was short and stocky with very dark hair, oriental eyes, small flat nose and a yellowish complection. And you know why that was? No, of course you don’t: In the records of the Dutch East India Company Simon van der Stel is described as “mestizo” – non-white. His mother was the daughter of captain Hendrick Lievens and a Batavian slave woman Mai Monica da Costa van Java.

You see, president Zuma, your first European coloniser wasn’t even a white man. In today’s South Africa he would be regarded as a Coloured person. So question is now: Are you going to exorcise the spirits of the ancestors of the Coloured people and tell them how unwelcome they are? Or of Indian South Africans whose ancestors originated from the same region as Simon van der Stel’s?

Mr Zuma, children should never play with matches, nor idiots toy with history….

Department Information

Front Nasionaal Suid Afrika

South Africa Today – South Africa News

Awesome come back!!!!

13 of our favorite, ridiculous Jacob Zuma quotes

16Jan, 2015by Gerhard Jacobs in TOP TENS
Font size -16+

Ai mense, where do we start. The man has had so many opportunities to say something worth listening to.

While oll JZ hasn’t always made that much sense in some of his ramblings — think, ‘dogs aren’t for africans’ –, we must admit it’s been ever so amusing.

Here are our favs.

When asked about the arms deal

“What is the problem?”

His views on Bob Mugabe

“…The people love him. So how can we condemn him?”

The ANC vs the SA constitution

“The ANC is more important than the Constitution.”

“the Constitution is only there to regulate matters.”

One of our favs, when asked how long the ANC will rule

“The ANC will rule South Africa until Jesus comes back.”

His views on homosexuality

“Same sex marriage is a disgrace to the nation and to God. When I was growing up, ‘ungqingili’ — homosexuals in Zulu — could not stand in front of me, I would knock him out.”

Global disaster, a true classic when asked about HIV/Aids

“a shower would minimise the risk of contracting the disease.”

When asked whether the arms deal could have been corrupted

“It’s just a figment of the imagination.”

He also seems to believe SA is safer than it looks

“Our media, which is very open and report on really everything, tend to exaggerate the crime issue…This is why one gets the impression that we have much more crime than other countries.”

Divine providence?

“God expects the ANC to rule this country because we are the only organisation which was blessed by pastors when it was formed. It is even blessed in Heaven. That is why we will rule until Jesus comes back. We should not allow anyone to govern our city [Cape Town] when we are ruling the country.”

When asked whether people should be held accountable for their actions

“No one person can be above the ANC. He can’t be.”

Apparently the ANC is a one way ticket to heaven

“Those who vote for the ANC will be blessed on earth and heaven”

When asked whether ANC members should be in charge of independent institutions

“…having a member who serves in the Government and who also belongs to the structures of the party does not retard this particular objective the separation of party and state. It does not.”

Finally, when he was asked whether he is a crook

“Me? Well, I don’t know, I must go to a dictionary and learn what a crook is. I’ve never been a crook.”

There you have it, el presidente serves as a stark reminder of just how serious our current leadership crisis is.

And just for the Record!!!

Coalition between ANC and EFF to keep Zuma for another term as president

On January 24, 2015 at 12:50 pm

zuma-malema-300x168.jpg

There is a rumour going in the political corridors this week which predicts nothing good for the white minority, or the coloured minority, or the Indian minority…or anybody else for that matter.

Political commentators first picked up on it when Jacob Zuma made a very strong statement about the expropriation of land to speed up the redistribution of land at the celebration of the ANC’s 103rd birthday in Cape Town two weeks ago– a statement which made one wonder whether he accidently picked up one of Malema’s speeches on his way out of the office.

The Citizen then picked up on the story yesterday and, this very morning, Chris Gibbons wrote a splendid political commentary on the whole issue of, wait for it: A coalition between the ANC and the EFF!

This would be nothing new to the political landscape here in South Africa, or for that matter anywhere else in the world. David Cameron’s Conservative Party is governing Britain only because it is in an uneasy coalition with the opponent, Nic Clegg’s Liberal Democrats.

Way back in February 1933 South Africa was in a desperate situation with a raging Depression, racial friction, tension between English speaking and Afrikaans speaking whites.

General Hertzog’s very conservative National Party Government merged with that of the rather liberal opposition South African Party of genl Jan Smuts to form the United Party, with the agreement that Hertzog would remain as Prime Minister, while Smuts becomes Deputy Prime Minister.

10 Ministers in Cabinet, 5 from each of the parties. This prepared the way for the rising of Afrikaner Nationalism and the National Party of Malan, Verwoerd and Vorster – by implication: Apartheid.

Last year we witnessed the “Collective for Democracy” where the moderate conservative Freedom Front + joined hands with the violently Marxist PAC, (amongst others)…I still struggle to understand how they justified that one! Politics make for strange bed fellows indeed.

We are back where Hertzog and Smuts had us in 1933 again. Zuma cannot serve another term in office as president, unless he changes the constitution – which he cannot do without a two thirds majority.

The opposition DA is desperate to get him out of the chair, because the moment he walks out of his office as “Former” president, he faces more than 700 charges of fraud and corruption. So his only security against that is…to remain in office for as long as possible.

On top of that: It is an open secret that the provincial leadership in at least 7 of the 9 provinces are pushing to keep Zuma for another term as president of the ANC. It is unthinkable that he could be president of the ANC and not president of the country.

So, he has to hang in there for as long as possible and now he needs help, which the DA is not going to offer. Only one other option remains: Julius Malema. The EFF are after all ex-ANC, it is just a question of sweetening the pot enough to lure them back home.

Zuma already made his move by moving closer to Malema-policy with his “land expropriation” statement. The next step, as it is rumoured, is to offer Malema something he cannot refuse: the Deputy Presidency and a number of influential positions for his henchmen in a cabinet reshuffle.

This means that the newly formed coalition will have sufficient votes to change the constitution and allow Zuma to remain for another term as president. Immediately following his retirement after the third term, Malema will succeed and “pardon” his predecessor for any “crimes” committed.

And there we have it: Malema president, Zuma off the hook and living in luxurious opulence…and the rest of us in the dump.

Where does that leave us? We need to start pushing much harder for self-determination away from the South African state of unity. Front National is at the moment the only party striving towards that.

The DA is trying to create their own little rainbow nation by making whites blacker and blacks whiter and blaming everything else on racism. The Freedom Front+ is only concerned about minorities without realising that they themselves are the smallest minority – in parliament, in society, in opinion…

I usually don’t pay much attention to rumours, but this wind is blowing rather strongly…and it carries with it a whiff of uneasiness.

I always reckoned the man who coined the phrase: “The sh*t just hit the fan” must have had a very nasty experience at some stage in his life…I believe we might come to understand something of that even better in the near future.

Department Information (Daniel)

Wow - that's - um, "exciting" as in the ancient Chinese curse.

What a thought.