Help with primary school choice Please Norman Park/Hawthorne

bcbren

Hello There,

Newish to the site and not yet arrived (booked for Jan 12th with my youngest two daughters, spouse and older daughter to follow). We need to secure a rental in order to get my youngest (Yr. 4) into state primary school. Her sister is enrolled at Lourdes Hill College. I can't afford another private school and the parish school in Hawthorne area is full anyway. I am happy for her to go to public in the area near Lourdes Hill, since that is where I hope we can settle.

My question....does anyone familiar with the south of river, eastern suburbs know of the reputation of these two schools; Norman Park S. S and Morningside S.S. - I checked the school rankings - NPSS a little higher, but both good. I am hoping to hear more about the experiences of people that might know people that had kids attend either school. Which is nicer, more friendly, good teachers, overall parent satisfaction. NPSS has an enrolment plan (must live in catchment - very strict) so I might not even be able to get her into that school in late January if I don't have a lease signed. The other, Morningside is not required to prove address from what I believe.

Much appreciated for any input (or advice about finding a great apartment or rental house in that area).

Thanks

Hi, not necessarily answering your question but thought I would chuck-in my few cents anyway :D

Coorparoo is very close to Norman Park / East Brisbane surrounds.

We have lived in Coorparoo for 2.5 Years and my daughters both attend Coorparoo State School (Prep and Year 3). I am fussy when it comes to their education and I could not be happier with our choice of school. My eldest went from a fancy-pancy pvt school in Cape Town to Coorparoo State and honestly, I have no regrets.

CSS meets and exceeds all my expectations for my children

Happy to give you more detail if you like.

Craig