Melbourne PICNIC AT HANGING ROCK

Mara

Donovan, what a wonderful idea! If you have problems with that then if you can make your way to Sunbury station, earliesh, then you can travel with me!

Ah that's very sweet, thank you! :)

Yep, we are doing the shared ride as well, have a car of 5, And a half if you count the expected kid :)

• Like 2

I sincerely hope that we have a great turnout for the day!

At this point the weather looks a bit depressing, they say to expect showers in the morning, cloudy, with a temperature of 23 degrees, still time for it to change though, we all know Melbourne weather. :whome: :whome: :whome:

Hehe Fish, I will be sure to warn them...

Seems like my message box was full - if anyone has tried to get in touch regarding car pooling please send me a message :)

D

Okay guys, great news, the weather report now says sunshine and 23 degrees for Sunday the 23rd November 2014... YAY :ilikeit: :ilikeit: :ilikeit:

Please remember to bring your drinks, food, chairs, tables, sporting equipment, oh and do not leave the kids behind!

Look forward to seeing and meeting you all!

Well thus far we have around 35 people that have confirmed that they will be attending... if there are any more out there, you are most welcome!

• Like 1

Okay guys, this is my last post:

• we are expecting around 42 adults/children
  • bring everything you would like to eat and drink (unless you plan on eating at the restaurant)
  • if you can, please bring something for dessert that we can share around!
  • if you are going to use the electric braai, then please bring some tinfoil
  • bring something to sit on, chair or blanket
  • remember your sunscreen
  • remember a hat for each one
  • please put on your happy face

Once you turn into Hanging Rock we will try and put flags up to show the way, but REMEMBER, it is the very first road to the left, just as you have passed through the gate. Right opposite the tennis courts!

11am Sunday 23rd November 2014 at Hanging Rock!

We look forward to seeing you all there.

If you have only just seen this message, do not worry, just come, the more the merrier :ilikeit: :ilikeit: :ilikeit: :ilikeit: :ilikeit:

It was very pretty there - as I can testify - OumiesDik and I went there before meeting Mara and having lunch and a chat. Nice to put a face to a voice to an internet persona.

Well guys, we had a wonderful day... unfortunately some folk were not able to make it, for various reasons, but those that did...I am sure enjoyed themselves. We let the "uhm" young, fit and pregnant people climb the rock, and the "uhm" slightly older and ancient people kept guard over everything! :whome:

I would like to say a huge thank you for those that made the trip, we shall do so again.

We did unfortunately have a double booking for the undercover area that we had asked for, shall send them a letter of disappointment, but fortunately my hubby went and put RSA flags up to show the way to the new spot... so all ended well!

Nev kindly said he would put up some photos of the day... so over to him and I bid you adieu! :ilikeit:

• Like 2

Well guys, we had a wonderful day... unfortunately some folk were not able to make it, for various reasons, but those that did...I am sure enjoyed themselves. We let the "uhm" young, fit and pregnant people climb the rock, and the "uhm" slightly older and ancient people kept guard over everything! :whome:

I would like to say a huge thank you for those that made the trip, we shall do so again.

We did unfortunately have a double booking for the undercover area that we had asked for, shall send them a letter of disappointment, but fortunately my hubby went and put RSA flags up to show the way to the new spot... so all ended well!

Nev kindly said he would put up some photos of the day... so over to him and I bid you adieu! :ilikeit:

Glad to hear you all had a good day. Well done to you Mara for organising this so well. Not an easy thing and I'm sure lots of people appreciated it. Well done!!!

Edited by Fish

Hi Mara

Just to say thanks for arranging everything - we had a really lovely time it was great to meet everyone.

What a wonderful venue and I think it worked out well that we were not under the covered area. The shade of the trees and the raised area in front of the dam (full of dragonflies enjoying the sunshine) were wonderful, there was a lovely breeze running across our area.

We went for a walk after everyone had left and got out just before the gates closed for the day.

We loved the drive through the countryside on the way there and back, a little reminiscent of the Midlands Meander (KZN).

• Like 1

Good to meet everyone,

The Evidence, camera came out last so i missed a few people, but here we go.....

01.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

6.JPG

• Like 1

Thank you Nev, much appreciated!

Since the camera survived the day, I assume you did not snap Hansa (Die Skim)?

LOL, no Rozellem, Hansa apologised, he did not make it to the event!!!

LOL, no Rozellem, Hansa apologised, he did not make it to the event!!!

Ha! Knew it. Gone, like Clarke Kent when superman is around. The plot thickens....

I'm really sad I didn't get to join you guys :( I'm STILL battling this damn chest infection... argh!

Rozellum, I honestly think that we should just accept that Hansa is a myth! Better still, perhaps we should report him to the cops as a missing person?

Donovan so sorry to hear that you are still not well, sincerely hope you get better soon.

Looks lovely! Hope to be around for your next kuier :)

Hey All! & Mara...SORRY. ..but I COMPLETELY FORGOT!! ???I noted down on my computer, but it was sent in for repairs & I lost notations. ?Needless to say the new system is "syncing" EVERYTHING across all of our gadgets now,? but alas this is a prime example of why we needed to repair it in the first place. ?SO SO Sorry!Would have loved to meet all the "new" "old" faces! ?Looks like you guys had a good day! ???

Hi SmellyN, this computer world plays havoc with a person's life!

We all did enjoy ourselves, so I am sure we will be doing so again!

Looks like all had a good time! Hope to be there for the next one.. :ilikeit:

• 6 months later...

Hi all

Just a note. I am looking into arranging another Melbourne get together. I have started another topic "Melbourne meet" under the communities section.

Sorry still getting used to working on an iPhone and can't figure out how to copy and paste the link

If anyone is keen go and check out the post and we can start putting something in motion

http://www.saaustralia.org/index.php/topic/45095-melbourne-meet/

Edited by Mara
Inserted the link for you