Apparently it is now!

Eyebrow

60 days..?

You can do it!!!

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

@Eyebrow any word from your employer whether they will sponsor your PR. If this is old news and I've missed the post - sorry :wacko:

• Like 1

14 hours ago, TamTam said:

@Eyebrow any word from your employer whether they will sponsor your PR. If this is old news and I've missed the post - sorry :wacko:

Hi.

My current employer is happy to do so.

I fill a role that they could not otherwise recruit to.

It is the other issues surrounding my application that is making me freak out.

50 days left until my 2 years are done.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Only one month left.

6 years since we started this journey.

I thought I would be ready and ok with everything as I had been anticipating this moment for so long.

Instead I am not coping at all. Am questioning everything and if we should even go ahead...

Am cranky, disagreeable and hard to live with at the moment.

What a wuss am I?

• Like 1

@Eyebrow Come on girl, take a deep breath, and slowly let it out... now do so again... see, you already feel better.

I think I understand why you are stressing, six years that you have been waiting, and all of that has been if, maybe, I hope, etc. Now you are down to the final answer... and it is damn scary...

I am not surprised that you are stressing and NO, you are definitely not a wuss.

I am still convinced because you are employed by the government and that they are sponsoring you, it will be alright.

We will all be praying and holding thumbs for you... when you get it, I trust you will come back to this post and in the

BIGGEST letters  possible you will write and tell us that you  GOT IT! 

• Like 6

On ‎1‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 0:57 PM, Eyebrow said:

Am questioning everything and if we should even go ahead...

Hey - what questions are you facing? Are you doubting whether you want to stay in Oz?

How are your kids doing? Enjoying their new school?

You're strong - we all believe in you!

• Like 1

On 1/7/2018 at 9:57 PM, Eyebrow said:

Am questioning everything and if we should even go ahead...

Once you have been in Australia for 6 months you will look back and laugh.  It won't be easy to get to that 6-month mark, but nothing in life worth having is.

Threads like these should give you some needed motivation: 

On 1/7/2018 at 7:57 PM, Eyebrow said:

Instead I am not coping at all. Am questioning everything and if we should even go ahead...

Am cranky, disagreeable and hard to live with at the moment.

What a wuss am I?

@Eyebrow I believe there are many others who ask similar questions due to immigration. Even myself, after 11 years, I still ask those questions from time to time.

Since we have been looking at traveling the outback, as we plan for the next 3 years just to travel local, new goals get set and it's amazing how the mindset and questions change.

We have traveled extensively overseas over the past few years and the urge to travel local is now so much bigger.

Hope you find your new goals soon!

• Like 2

@ChrisH, Eyebrow has been here since 2014... if you have time, read this whole thread, she has been through a lot... I am not surprised that she is questioning herself, at this time. She must be one of the most exceptional/remarkable/brave woman, I have ever come across! Her journey, with her family, has certainly not been a smooth road, to say the least!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mara said:

@ChrisH, Eyebrow has been here since 2014... if you have time, read this whole thread, she has been through a lot... I am not surprised that she is questioning herself, at this time. She must be one of the most exceptional/remarkable/brave woman, I have ever come across! Her journey, with her family, has certainly not been a smooth road, to say the least!

Apologies @Mara, I have actually read this thread before.  I responded with a motivational article without even looking at the context.

• Like 2

It is totally understandable & normal to feel the way you are! You are far from a wuss!

I agree with Mara totally! Hang in there & keep us posted

• Like 3

@ChrisH I enjoyed your link, I love reading things like that and it makes me so excited about going, helps ease the nerves about saying goodbye as well. 65 days to go, too, too many... who knows.

@Eyebrow BIG HUG! I have been reading and following your story here since I started and I don't think you are a wuss. I think you have so much guts and "uithou vermoe". Hang in there just a little longer and I hope and pray things will work out for the best for you guys. As for being a bit of a monster to live with, stress can do horrible things to people, and you being stressed out is totally understandable. Try and find something to relax and recharge, I always tell my husband I need to go plug my tail in, then we grab our books, some coffee and head to our favourite spot under a tree with not a human in site. Goodluck for the last short little sprint, and know we are all on the sidelines cheering you on, and virtual hugs are available anytime you need them. Or "ears to scream" in if you feel you just need to vent and get it all out, that also helps sometimes. 

• Like 4

@Eyebrow

Concur with what other forumites are saying. You have an incredible strength of character and have worked through so much already. Its OK to feel uncertain and cranky. Hope you have lots of support from your family and friends. Its also OK to ask for help.

• Like 3

@ChrisH no problem... I sometimes reply to a post and then think... get with the program... wrong message in wrong thread..., however, I can blame old age...:rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

Yup, we're all here, cheering you on.

I think the stress and indecisiveness come from the fear: what if they say "No"? And it's a hard one to face. People are different, but I would think through the very basics and outline of a plan/procedure for the 'worst case scenario'. Face the fear, and realise that it would be bad, but even that would still not be the end of the world. Then file it in a box at the back of your mind, and think about: what if they say "Yes"? And then focus on that.

After you have done everything that you possibly can to try to ensure the success of your application, it goes out of your hands, and all you can do is wait. Don't torture yourself with questions 'but what if I did this or that differently?'. You have today, make the best of it, and hope that tomorrow will be fine too. (If you are religious, pray about it)

All the very best of luck!

Laaste rondte!

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/7/2018 at 10:27 PM, Eyebrow said:

Only one month left.

So FINALLY you have reached your milestone. Congratulations and every success for the next steps towards your permanent life in Australia.  

#BELIEVE!

I am now 2 years with my new employer, but they have been unable to lodge my nomination due to head office delays!

I have to be out of the country in 6 weeks, so freaking out a bit...

Wait wait - what does that mean for you? Hopefully they get their a into g and lodge it!!

• Like 1

Best of Luck!!! Holding all thumbs, big toes and tail for you!

Give us a shout if you need professional assistance, I'm sure we can procure it on the forum.

• Like 1

HUGE HUGS AND PRAYERS FOR YOU --- I LOOK FORWARD TO THAT

"I GOT IT" POST!!!

• Like 1

Eish, living on the edge. You need to stop this now, you're freaking me out. Holding thumbs, toes, breath and anything else that can be held. Sureit will all work pit in the end.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Like @HadEnoughofJuju said, holding thumbs, tows and everything else. What happens if your time runs out before your VISA is granted? I'm sure it will be granted. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Fidjet said:

Like @HadEnoughofJuju said, holding thumbs, tows and everything else. What happens if your time runs out before your VISA is granted? I'm sure it will be granted. 

One gets an automatic bridging visa once you have lodged, that was why I was so keen to get it in asap. So at least we will be ok from that point of view.

• Like 2

That is very good news. Holding thumbs for you, hope this will be a vast grant since you have been waiting long enough. 

• Like 1