NEW THREAD - 143 Contributory Parent (Migrant) Visa - Tips and Other information

Orphan

Hi Dirkz,

Your assurer is only partially correct. 

Firstly, there is no HAP number needed for the AOS process.  The only HAP number you get is for your medical examination. What you do need is a letter from your CO, before your Assurer can book the AOS interview with Centrelink. This is the same letter you will receive from your CO when your visa assessment process begins.The letter is titled "Request for Information – Parent Subclass 143 (Contributory Parent –Migrant)" and contains an attached letter of instruction for your Assurer to make contact Centrelink to arrange the AOS assessment interview. The interview will not take place without presentation of this letter.

However, that does not mean you cannot do all the groundwork before the assessment

At the interview, your assurer will need to deal with the following
- who an assurer can be (e.g. age, residence status/citizenship);
- how many assurances are required for your visa application;
- the social security payments that are recoverable under the AOS scheme;
- the forms and documents required to support the AOS application; and
- when and where to lodge the AOS Bond/s, as well as the Bond amounts

and, most importantly, whether your assurer meets the income requirements.  Note that this isn't a fixed amount....it varies according to your assurer's personal circumstances, and is influenced by number of children, job situation, etc.

Most, if not all of this can be established before the interview by going and seeing someone at your local Centrelink.  That will give you time if you need to find a second assurer, or have to provide financial statements/payslips to prove your income, or documents to support citizenship/residency status etc.  

Here's the problem. If your Assurer doesn't  meet the AOS requirements, you are only given 14 days to sort it out before Centrelink advises DIBC of its rejection.

• Like 1

Thanks a stack for sharing your knowledge and experience, Orphan ! Much appreciated !

So we still need that letter from Immigration or CO before we can start the AoS. 

I'm aware of the other groundwork that you've set out so nicely, thank you again on behalf of everyone following this thread.

It is true what you say about the income requirements of the assurer, and  

"The minimum income is based on the annual rate of Newstart Allowance. The income test increases according to the number of dependent children you have."

How the number of dependent children affects the minimum income requirements of the assurer, is based on the Family Tax Benefits allowed for each child (Australian Department of Human Services). It is a bit complicated to try and work it out, so a visit to Centrelink would be much easier for the assurer to find out if he/she qualifies.

Thanks again Orphan for helping us with such practical information :)

• Like 1

Hi Dirkz. When we applied for our CPV's, the whole process had already been changed. We didn't get any dates with instructions. It would have been so nice to have dates and instructions on when to do what, But we will get there, eventually. You much sooner than us.

Dirkz, did you get a reply from Immi at all after you emailed your change of circumstances form? We emailed our forms 929 for passport detail changes to Immi and received an automated response acknowledgment the same day (very similar to the one when one sends the TEST email  with the processing date)  and then this morning another email requesting copies of our passports.

Have a happy weekend all Roomies! :)

On ‎2017‎/‎02‎/‎08 at 9:14 PM, Lindasmit said:

It is difficult for all of you in the waiting room to wait out your time but allow me one suggestion. Don't wait for your CO to be appointed and then apply for you PCC. Most of the time the service in SA is so bad and it can add weeks to the final visa grant. You should apply for your PCC not longer than 6 months before the final grant, which is what we did. We made sure that we had everything in place well ahead of time and it only took 5 days from CO's request to final approval. The other issue that can waste a little time is the AOS, especially if Centrelink starts asking questions, which in our case was tax related. Fortunately we got our AOS in place 6 months ahead of time. We did not mind because if we did not receive our VISA Centrelink would have refunded the $14000.

On ‎2017‎/‎02‎/‎08 at 9:14 PM, Lindasmit said:

It is difficult for all of you in the waiting room to wait out your time but allow me one suggestion. Don't wait for your CO to be appointed and then apply for you PCC. Most of the time the service in SA is so bad and it can add weeks to the final visa grant. You should apply for your PCC not longer than 6 months before the final grant, which is what we did. We made sure that we had everything in place well ahead of time and it only took 5 days from CO's request to final approval. The other issue that can waste a little time is the AOS, especially if Centrelink starts asking questions, which in our case was tax related. Fortunately we got our AOS in place 6 months ahead of time. We did not mind because if we did not receive our VISA Centrelink would have refunded the $14000.

Hi Lindasmit,

Thank you for the smart idea.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Elna57 said:

Hi Dirkz. When we applied for our CPV's, the whole process had already been changed. We didn't get any dates with instructions. It would have been so nice to have dates and instructions on when to do what, But we will get there, eventually. You much sooner than us.

Dirkz, did you get a reply from Immi at all after you emailed your change of circumstances form? We emailed our forms 929 for passport detail changes to Immi and received an automated response acknowledgment the same day (very similar to the one when one sends the TEST email  with the processing date)  and then this morning another email requesting copies of our passports.

Have a happy weekend all Roomies! :)

Yes Elna, We did not get any information with our initial acknowledgement letters when to do what and that's why we are all guessing now and trying to do beforehand what we can. 

As far as replies from Immi, no I have received nothing after updating change of address and family changes. But I'm assuming that they will just print the forms I sent in and add it to our paper file - like Orphan mentioned above.

I would assume that they need to be in possession of your current passport copies to replace your old passport copies you had sent them with your initial 143 visa application.

• Like 1

HI Dirkz. I suppose they only asked for the passport copies because I guess a smarter person than my self would have emailed those with the forms lol. At least now we can rest assured that they do actually read our emails. :)

• Like 1

Thank you guys ,

I have already stated that we got an email says that provided documents shows that dependent child is still studying 

But they want to man sure that my mother I financially supporting for everything 

Problem is we do all transection in cash money and just want to know that what kind of supporting documents we need to give to them .

Hi Roomies. Hope to find you all well. Any updates on the processing times anyone?

OFFSHORE APPLICANTS (subclass 143/173)

When your application is allocated to an assessing officer, you or your authorised contact may be asked to provide more documents, including but not limited to, Assurance of Support (subclass 143 only), police certificates and health clearances to finalise your application. 

We are currently assessing applications lodged up to and including 19 August 2014.

Edited by Dirkz

Received the reply in previous post just now.

So still no movement at the moment :(

According to my own Assessment Progress sheet they have progressed 11 days (from 8 Aug to 19 Aug 2014) in the last  35 days (from 12 Jan to 16 Feb 2017). So either they are stretching out the 7175 applications over 12 months or they are overloaded (or both).

Edited by Dirkz
  • Like 1

Morning Guys and Gals.

Just checking in to see whether you are all behaving and all well here in the waiting room?

No news yet from your side, Ashmount?

Morning Elna, 

behaving as much as possible when in stalemate (else, enjoying any mischief :rolleyes:

have a good !

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Elna57 said:

Morning Guys and Gals.

Just checking in to see whether you are all behaving and all well here in the waiting room?

No news yet from your side, Ashmount?

Hi Elna57,

We are trying to behave :) but all is very quite since having our Medicals done!!

Latest reply from the Test email :

" OFFSHORE APPLICANTS (subclass 143/173)
When your application is allocated to an assessing officer, you or your authorised contact may be asked to provide more documents, including but not limited to, Assurance of Support (subclass 143 only), police certificates and health clearances to finalise your application.

We are currently assessing applications lodged up to and including 19 August 2014."

:unsure:

• Like 1

On ‎2017‎/‎02‎/‎21 at 0:57 PM, Ashmount said:

Hi Elna57,

We are trying to behave :) but all is very quite since having our Medicals done!!

Latest reply from the Test email :

" OFFSHORE APPLICANTS (subclass 143/173)

We are currently assessing applications lodged up to and including 19 August 2014."

:unsure:

Hello All

Sorry for not communicating - as usual Telkom put out my landline and internet for the last 2 / 3 weeks - just came on today.

Anyway we sent an email to the AU Border site asking if the 7175 visas has been capped for the 2016 / 2017 period. They replied that they still working on that period. Do not know what that means. We still in the dark as to the progress of the 2016/2017 applicants. Once the 7175 visas are issued for that period then all systems stops , we then have to wait for the opening of the next period 1st July 2017 to 30th June 2018. If the Immigration is allocating visas ( 143 ) according to lodgement date then why can they not say what number in the queue we are? If only 7175 visas are going to be issued in each 12 month period then if we know the queue number of our application then we can plan better. Any info will be welcomed.    

• Like 1

Thanks for the update JTN. 

You are so correct! If we could just know where we are in the queue and have an indication how to plan our future. 

They don't realize how unnerving it is for us who are going through this transformation at our age and for some of us, also all the planning associated with this big move. For example, we have been renting for more than a year to be ready for our CO, have other people who want to move into our rental (they are waiting for us to move out), our Police Clearance Certificates are about to expire in another two months, the shipping company is getting suspicious of us sitting with all their packing boxes they've dropped here last year already, our children getting worried in Aus, grandchildren not trusting us anymore, etc, etc.

But on a positive note, in the mean time have a cappuccino and nice meal for a fraction of what you're going to pay for it when in Australia ?

• Like 2

Yesterday I got an automated reply and they are still on 19 August 2014. 

They have been on that date for almost 3 weeks now !

See JTN's post above for possible reasons. But we don't really have answers....

• Like 1

Hi All Waiting roomies.

I have been trying very hard to stay positive and just reading the posts without commenting, but this is just too hard. Not knowing exactly where we are in the queue............I just so wish that Immi would be more forthcoming/clear as to where and when we are in the q. Next year my hubby will be 65 and we will be able to apply for the much cheaper and faster onshore aged parent visa .......... so if we are not going to be able to leave before then (we thought we would have been in Aus for sure by now when we applied two tears ago)  what is the whole purpose of this whole process, which, when we applied , was supposed to be a waiting peiod of 18 to 24 months? I am just so extremely frustrated. From my perspective, we as Saffers, should actually be considered refugees. For us, it is not JUST about being with our families in Aus, but also a serious real life threat. Crime is really increasing horrendously,( regardless of what statistics are showing.).. and moral integrity which in my opinion is the basic foundation of any civilised community, is non-existent.. We are completely outnumbered by the UK and Asian applicants for this particular visa category because of exchange rates and population issues. We still are the minority. -_- Nobody knows how desperate our children were to get out of here or how hard it was for them and us to take that step. Nobody knows about our sacrifices, our hardships, our tears and our pain to let our children leave us behind in search of a better future for them and our grand children. I begged my only child on my knees to not ever change his mind in pursuit of a better future for himself and he did it and he is so happy in his new country of  which he will soon be a proud citizen. I wish to thank the Australian Government for affording our children this great opportunity to live a life of freedom and safety, of equal opportunities and most of all ... for protecting our children. That, my roomies, is the silver lining .

I pray and trust that we shall all be here again tomorrow morning cheering each other up, keeping the faith and hopimg that MAYBE tomorrow we will get a different (or at least honest) reply from Immi as to what the situation is really like. 

Hahahaha DirkZ, shall we (I do not know what your proffession is at all, but I am an amateur statistician) compare our stats? Could be a fun game to play in the waiting toom. My stats.....in 104 days, 49 days of applications processed? Come on roomies, lets see what you all come up with?

10 hours ago, Elna57 said:

Hahahaha DirkZ, shall we (I do not know what your proffession is at all, but I am an amateur statistician) compare our stats? Could be a fun game to play in the waiting toom. My stats.....in 104 days, 49 days of applications processed? Come on roomies, lets see what you all come up with?

No statistician here (retired dentist) ha ha ha

I've only started my worksheet from 13 September 2016.

So from then until my last entry 2 days ago, my stats ....... in 181 days, 64 days of applications processed

• Like 1

DirkZ. Dentist... yes I trust your stats... you are used to counting teeth, so... :lol:

Happy weekend roomies!!

• Mara pinned this topic