NEW THREAD - 143 Contributory Parent (Migrant) Visa - Tips and Other information

Orphan

You are almost there Ashmount. Must be such a great feeling, I can hardly imagine.

I have been unable to get any reply from WAParents e-mail. Any one else perhaps got an update to share?

This morning:

OFFSHORE APPLICANTS (subclass 143/173)

When your application is allocated to an assessing officer, you or your authorised contact may be asked to provide more documents, including but not limited to, Assurance of Support (subclass 143 only), police certificates and health clearances to finalise your application. 

We are currently assessing applications lodged up to and including 19 August 2014.

• Like 1

Good morning to all,

Clarity on our application, my daughter spoke to our agent in Sydney who advised:

´Your parent’s application has not yet been assigned to a case officer to be finalised.  The Department of Immigration has sent out an invitation to commence preparing the documents that a case officer would usually request in order to streamline the processing of the application once their application has been allocated.”

The “test email” received back this morning: 19 August 2014.

• Like 1

Thank you so much for the info Ashmount. Really appreciate you keeping us informed. Have a good day!

My question is : do we just wait to see whether we will be asked to supply additional information? Orphan. Dirkz. Jordy. ?

Elna,

If there is a new version of Form 47PA being used by Australian Immigration, then there is a good chance your case officer may require you to submit updated forms 47PA and 47A before assessing your application.  

Remember that the first time your case officer actually sees your application is when your file lands on his/her desk. Therefore, depending on what instructions your case officer is following at that time, he/she may either accept your original forms, or ask you to submit new ones.

My recommendation is to be ready in case it is the latter, as you don't this process to drag on any longer than necessary. Therefore, use this time in the Waiting Room productively by preparing a set of new forms, just in case.  But don't submit them, unless they are called for.    

• Like 1

Thank you Orphan for keeping an eye and still helping us on this thread which you have contributed to so much the past two years!

I'll go through the "new" Form 47PA and see if it is different to the 47PA forms of 2014 and if the difference(s) apply to us.

I never completed Form 47A because it applies to dependent relative aged 18 years or older (whether they are migrating or not).

A question which I'd like to ask is what is the correct procedure when one has moved residence after application. We've sold our house  a year ago and are renting from month to month. We expected our visa last year already.

I have sent WA Parents an email about the change of address, with no acknowledgement from them. I also notice that there is a Form 1023 (Notification of Incorrect Answer(s) ) to correct inaccuracies on your application form (like our residential address will be now).

Can anyone venture an opinion or instructions what the correct procedure might be ?

• Like 1

Hi Dirkz. There is a form 929 which is for Change of address and/or
passport details that you can complete and I think because we have paper applications we will have to mail it to them since it stipulates that " Changing your address and/or passport details 1. You can update your details online if your application is available in ImmiAccount. Go to the department’s website www.border.gov.au/trav/visa/immi 2. You can return this completed form and attachments by post to a visa and citizenship office of the department. www.border.gov.au/about/contact/offices-locations/ australia". I am going to courier it to my son together with our police clearances and ask him to mail it from there to Immi. I suggest that IF you renew your passport, wait for your new passport number and send the whole lot together.

I wish to thank Orphan as well for all his support and wisdom.Thank you so much Orphan. Hoping to meet you one day in Aus.

• Like 1

Oh and thank you for the update Dirk :) Going very slow again.

Thank you Elna!

I've found the Form 929 for change of address and also our parents passed away in this time, so we also need to do Form 1022 (Notification of changes in circumstances). 

It seems that these can be submitted electronically to your case officer once you get one of course.

As far as the new Form 47PA is concerned, it looks like it has been changed quite a bit. Very relevant is that the "dependent" word has been removed in various questions, starting from question 11. It seems Part H - Members of the family unit aged 18 and over, is similar to Part J - Detail of other family members, but just more detailed if I understand it correctly.

The only definition I'm still trying to confirm is "Family unit" (migrating with you or not). 

Like Orphan said, we can just complete the new 47PA (and the 47A) to save time if the CO requires it.   So we learn .... :) 

• Like 1

Dirk. I think "family unit" refers to Dad, mom and all their children only. Let's hope so .... especially for those with very extended families. ;)

It is becoming quite difficult keeping up now that processing is taking such a long time.... things are bound to change in ones life in almost 3 years time. So, more forms and patience. Trying times....

• Like 1

Hi good people. The best hunt and tip in my opinion is.to NEVER tell a single soul that you are even considering emigration unless you are willing to face endless enquiries as to when and how that is even possible... so just keep your mouth shut and say your goodbyes when the time comes. 

• Like 3

Totally true; nor can such people keep anything to themselves - the ears keep ringing (personal experience  :unsure:)

• Like 1

MomMuerte... it is hard enough without the extra pressure isn't it. So, I really hope that our future roomies will take that piece of advice to heart ... really it is not easy... 

• Like 1

Elna, we shall persevere and win. 

Thanks for all your positive input and cheerfulness.  

• Like 1

On 2/2/2017 at 5:29 PM, Dirkz said:

JNT, as we've been realizing, it's difficult to predict the date that a CO will be appointed to handle your case. 

As I see it, the "assessment date" as indicated in the auto email replies from WA Parents, is the date of "final decision" to grant you your visa. 

Let me explain why I make that assumption:

From the beginning of the process we were under the impression that we would get our CO a while before we get granted our visa (obviously) requesting us to obtain and supply the last information they needed from us to finalize the visa (which is the PCC, Medical and AoS).

So it seems that the CO will contact you about 5 to 6 weeks before the "assessment date", because that's about as long as it takes to finalize and grant your visa after receiving that last information from you. That's about the time you'll take to get an appointment with your Australian representing doctor in your area, X-Rays taken and medical completed; and Assurance of Support organized by your Assurer with Commonwealth Bank and Centrelink, etc, (physical documents have to be posted to Centrelink and personal information has to be checked regarding the assurer whether he/she/they qualify, which involves documents like personal detail and employer/bank/tax statements). So as you see, before the final decision can be made to grant you your visa a few things must still happen, which takes a few weeks.

This is just a personal assumption I make after following the latest developments. We are doing this on our own and not through an agent.

Hi Dirkz, thank you very much for the detailed information - it does make a lot of sense. Another thing that concerns me the number of applicants before us. As you know once the 7175 persons have been granted their visas then the Imm. authorities stop further applications and then commence after 1st July. So that is also an unknown factor.  

• Like 1

On 2/2/2017 at 7:31 PM, Elna57 said:

Hi JTN, Dirkz and roomies. My thoughts exactly. We should actually get two dates... a "processing" date and an "assessment" date if we do understand correctly. 

All I know for sure is that I can not wait for our turn. 

JTN, we live in Amanzimtoti and are battling to sell as well at a good fair market related price. Sure, I wish that we could sell soon but in the meanwhile I am happy to hang on a bit longer. Also I do wish that it was not such a guessing game but hopefully our new timeline stats will help us understand and interpret the whole new process a little bit better. Good luck to all and sit tight. :)

PS: JTN, would you like me to add you to our timeline list?  

Hi Elna57

Yeah, we have to hang in there and hope for the best. I hate the unknown time frame - not knowing when a CO is allocated, and then once that happens it will be helter / skelter. Yes please add me onto the timeline list. We have applied for the 143 visa - acknowledgement date 10th July 2015.  

• Like 1

Hi JTN,  regarding my assumption in the post you replied to, I need to update the latest info regarding what we know about a CO, etc.

According to Ashmount : "Your parent’s application has not yet been assigned to a case officer to be finalised.  The Department of Immigration has sent out an invitation to commence preparing the documents that a case officer would usually request in order to streamline the processing of the application once their application has been allocated.”

So it seems that one will get the invitation to do the last 3 steps (PCC, Medicals and AoS) from the Dept of Immi and not from the CO. 

The CO seems to be the one that takes all the information that you have supplied to see if it meets all criteria and if your case is acceptable for your visa grant. So the CO does the final assessment.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Elna57 said:

Hi Dirkz. There is a form 929 which is for Change of address and/or
passport details that you can complete and I think because we have paper applications we will have to mail it to them since it stipulates that " Changing your address and/or passport details 1. You can update your details online if your application is available in ImmiAccount. Go to the department’s website www.border.gov.au/trav/visa/immi 2. You can return this completed form and attachments by post to a visa and citizenship office of the department. www.border.gov.au/about/contact/offices-locations/ australia". I am going to courier it to my son together with our police clearances and ask him to mail it from there to Immi. I suggest that IF you renew your passport, wait for your new passport number and send the whole lot together.

I wish to thank Orphan as well for all his support and wisdom.Thank you so much Orphan. Hoping to meet you one day in Aus.

Hi Elna, Thanks for the info. 

If you look at the bottom of the auto reply letter from WA Parents, you'll see that they say that 143 visas can't do any attachments on the Immi site. I checked and only my visitors visa is on there, not the 143 visa application.

{PROVIDING SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS
There is no option to use the Immi Account for provision of documents for any visas processed by our section, as all our applications are paper lodged.  Multiple documents should be saved in one PDF file if possible and attached to your email.  We also accept jpg files. 

However further they say that any additions or documents you want to add to your application can be emailed to them at WA Parents}

BUT they give you instructions how to communicate with the department properly:

"When communicating with your case officer please always include your reference number, name and date of birth in the subject line so that we can identify the email as one that is meant as part of your processing. 
a.      For example, write in the subject line:  JOHN CITIZEN 4/4/1950 CID 12345678912 (OR CLF2015/123456)"

I've sent two forms to them now to change address and family details and will see if I get any response or acknowledgement mail back.

• Like 1

Date Lodged CO Medicals AOS Police Clear 2nd VAC Granted
Ashmount 1 Oct 2014 25 Jan 2017          
Colgill 1 Oct 2014            
Dirkz 6 Nov 2014            
Elna57 25 Feb 2015            
Marchhawker 25 Mar 2015            
data 9 May 2015            
MomMuerte. 24 Jun 2015            
JTN 10 Jul 2015            
JIG 1 Nov 2015            
Jarryd13 Jun 2016            
PatPar Nov 2016            
Bdupreez 20 Dec 2016            
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, JTN said:

Hi Dirkz, thank you very much for the detailed information - it does make a lot of sense. Another thing that concerns me the number of applicants before us. As you know once the 7175 persons have been granted their visas then the Imm. authorities stop further applications and then commence after 1st July. So that is also an unknown factor.  

It is difficult for all of you in the waiting room to wait out your time but allow me one suggestion. Don't wait for your CO to be appointed and then apply for you PCC. Most of the time the service in SA is so bad and it can add weeks to the final visa grant. You should apply for your PCC not longer than 6 months before the final grant, which is what we did. We made sure that we had everything in place well ahead of time and it only took 5 days from CO's request to final approval. The other issue that can waste a little time is the AOS, especially if Centrelink starts asking questions, which in our case was tax related. Fortunately we got our AOS in place 6 months ahead of time. We did not mind because if we did not receive our VISA Centrelink would have refunded the $14000.

• Like 2

This is good advice Linda.

I have been reading all the blogs recently, and there seems to be some confusion about the process at the time of your CO's appointment.

The assessment date you are receiving each month via Immigration's automated response, tells you the day in the visa queue the Parent Visa Centre is currently actioning.  When your turn comes up, you will get a letter from your designated CO, in which will be listed all the remaining steps you need to complete for your visa to be granted.

If you haven't already submitted them, you will be asked to provide Medical examinations, PCCs, Assurance of Support, and any other document you have not completed.  In the CO's letter, you will be given one month to provide whatever is missing, failing which your application will be assessed without them.  You can however apply for an extension if need be.

The point is, you do not have to wait for your CO to be appointed before getting all these bits and pieces together.

You can get your medicals done as soon as you have your HAP number - the only consideration being that these must still be valid at the time your assessment is done (medicals have a one year shelf life).  

You can get your PCCs done beforehand - the only consideration being that these are still current when you enter Australia (again, these have a one year shelf life, or you will need to apply for a new one).

You can pay your Assurance of Support bond to Centrelink beforehand, with the knowledge that if your visa application is turned down, you will get all that money refunded to you.

In the past, when the visa queue was around 18 months long, your visa application acknowledgment letter (the first one you ever received from the Visa Centre) included the dates when you could start the process of applying for Medicals and PCC. The dates provided in this letter were based on a six-month lead-time before your expected visa assessment date.  Even though recently you are not being provided dates (due to the Visa Centre scheduling continually moving out), the principle still holds true - start getting everything ready six months before your anticipated assessment date.

If you have all these documents ready and available for when called for by your CO, your visa will be granted in less than one week.  It can even take less than 24 hours if, like us, you have foolishly booked a flight and have to beg the CO to expedite the process!

• Like 1

Dirkz, Elna57, et al

Please be aware that you will not receive an acknowledgement of receipt from the Parent Centre after submitting an addendum to your original visa application.

Whatever additional documentation your send the Centre, (such as a Form 1022 Notification of change in circumstances), will be printed out on their side and filed with your original application. As I have written above, the first time anyone at the Parent Centre takes note of your application and any additional documentation, is when your file is pulled on its sheduled date, and lands on your designated CO's desk.

(Having said that, I was told by another applicant a long time back that if one failed the medical examination, you were informed immediately, but I cannot say for sure,)     

• Like 1

Thanks for all the info again Orphan.and Dirkz. Good day all roomies.

Orphan. Do I need to complete form 80 as well or just the main applicant? TIA .

I received an email this morning and noticed the assessment date is still stuck on 19 August. This is so disappointing. Are we ever going to get there? Have they still got visas left after the massive number of applications in June 2014? So many questions... 

Elna,

I made mention of Form 80 in one of my original posts, and recommended to all that we should complete it just in case! When my turn came, I wasn't asked for it, but another visa applicant at that same time (living in London, not RSA) did have to produce it.  

So I am not sure of this form's criteria, but like everything else, I would have it ready in case you are asked for it. What you don't want to be doing once you start dealing with your CO, is to run around collecting information, personal documents and signatures from other family members.  Particularly if they are living overseas, and especially while you watch the one-month-deadline approaching!    

• Like 1

Thank you so much Orphan for your help and information. 

I have just come off the phone from our assurer in Australia after emailing her yesterday to go to Centrelink and find out if she can start arranging our AoS, but she says that Centrelink can not help her before we were contacted by Immigration and given our HAP ID. 

So the bottom line is that only the PCC can be collected beforehand, but your Medical and AoS need your HAP ID which you only seem to get from Immigration about 5 weeks before a specific CO is appointed to assess your case. 

We have explored every angle so far but can go nowhere without the HAP number. 

Orphan, did you not receive your HAP number with your Acknowledgement letter or at least long before your CO contacted you?

Edited by Dirkz
  • Like 1

• Mara pinned this topic