NEW THREAD - 143 Contributory Parent (Migrant) Visa - Tips and Other information

Orphan

53 minutes ago, Elna57 said:

Oh that is just so fantastic !!!!! Congratulations!!! Woohooo!                        Does this mean you have been assigned a case officer?? And what documents are they asking for? Did they send you a hap number for medicals?  Sorry about all the questions. Super excited.

We have to submit Police Clearances and then have medicals.  We must also furnish our agent "with the name of our Assurer for the Assurance of Support".  They will in turn contact our daughter to advise them of the process.  I am not too sure about a Case Officer but we have been furnished with the HAP No.

• Like 1

Thank you so much for your reply. I am super excited.  I will update our timeline tonight. Yay for you. Are you excited? So much to be done and so much to look forward to. ?

Edited by Elna57

Date Lodged 1st VAC Case Officer Medicals AOS Police Clear 2nd VAC Granted
Ashmount 1 Oct 2014   25 Jan 2017          
Colgill 1 Oct 2014              
Dirkz 6 Nov 2014              
Elna57 25 Feb 2015              
Marchhawker 25 Mar 2015              
MomMuerte. 24 Jun 2015              
acmac                
JIG Nov 2015              
Jarryd13 Jun 2016              
PatPar Nov 2016              
Bdupreez                
TheHoffs                
Bigvan07                
Edited by Elna57
  • Like 1

Our first update :)

Date Lodged 1st VAC Case Officer Medicals AOS Police Clear 2nd VAC Granted
Ashmount 1 Oct 2014   25 Jan 2017          
Colgill 1 Oct 2014              
Dirkz 6 Nov 2014              
Elna57 25 Feb 2015              
Marchhawker 25 Mar 2015              
MomMuerte. 24 Jun 2015              
acmac                
JIG Nov 2015              
Jarryd13 Jun 2016              
PatPar Nov 2016              
Bdupreez 20 Dec 2016              
TheHoffs                
Bigvan07                

we lodged for my Mom around the 20th Dec.

• Like 1

Hi. Welcome to your mom in our waiting room. Tell her not to get too comfortable. :D We arenseeing some movement again. 

Congrats Ashmount ! So glad for you.

It also gave us a shock, because we're about 5 weeks after you and according to their automated replies, we were expecting our assessment (case officer) only in 3 month's time. Now it looks closer to 5 weeks?! 

Getting nervous and excited....wow!

I'll drop a letter to our AOS to let them in on the latest developments. Thanks for keeping us informed, Ashmount.

• Like 1

Hi Ashmount, fantastic news and congratulations!  ? 

• Like 1

Dirkz.. your turn soon!  Yes. I have read on Poms in Oz forum that sometimes Centrelink takes a bit long with the AOS and sponsorship process. So better to start early. 

2 minutes ago, data said:

Good to see some movement. Following this thread closely as we applied for my folks around 9 May 2015. 

Hi data. Would you like to add your parents to our timeline list? It helps all the other folks a great deal to see how things progress. 

Date Lodged CO Medicals AOS Police Clear 2nd VAC Granted
Ashmount 1 Oct 2014 25 Jan 2017          
Colgill 1 Oct 2014            
Dirkz 6 Nov 2014            
Elna57 25 Feb 2015            
Marchhawker 25 Mar 2015            
data 9 May 2015            
MomMuerte. 24 Jun 2015            
acmac              
JIG 1 Nov 2015            
Jarryd13 Jun 2016            
PatPar Nov 2016            
Bdupreez 20 Dec 2016            
TheHoffs              
Bigvan07              

MomMuerte.... you now have someone juuuuuuust ahead of you to get a good idea of your timeline. :)

• Like 1

@Elna57  it'll be interesting watching the timeline!  By the time mine is reached, you'll be high in the sky well on your way across the pond. 

Good luck ? and heaps of patience to all roomies :blink:

I expect spending another Christmas in SA ?  Nice though to still have time with my eldest in the meantime ?

• Like 1

MomMuerte.. if all goes well and stays the same.. you will be in time to join us all for Christmas and New year in Aus.  You should get CO then around Oct and will have to book your local son a ticket too.... to spend Christmas in Aus. ?

Edited by Elna57
Name
  • Like 1

What should be very uncomfortable for  Mrs Dirkz is the fact that I am keeping a close eye on their progress now. ?? just over a month and plus minus a week or so Mrs Dirkz!! How exciting!

Edited by Elna57

You go Elna57 ? Thanks for keeping all our spirits up!  

17 hours ago, Elna57 said:

What should be very uncomfortable for  Mrs Dirkz is the fact that I am keeping a close eye on their progress now. ?? just over a month and plus minus a week or so Mrs Dirkz!! How exciting!

Elna, I'll keep you all informed as soon as anything happens. We are getting a bit nervous although we have everything planned, but it's still a big move.

Kind regards, (Mr) Dirk 

(I just let the Mrs stand in the middle of the photo in my avatar ?. The photo was taken at Surfers, Gold Coast!)

Hello to all,

Yes it is very exciting but strangely now we are getting nervous!!  Maybe we have been in the "Waiting Room" for too long :)

Lots to do and now so little time (never thought I would be saying that!!).

We will keep you posted.  I must tell you all that without this "Waiting Room" and all the encouragement from our fellow "waiting room companions" and the informative guide from Orphan, I think our patience would have run out!!  It has been our lifeline for "27 months" ;) Thank you all.

Edited by Ashmount
  • Like 1

Good luck Ashmount, may the process that follows now run smoothly and expeditiously!

• Like 2

Hi everyone, we've received an ITA for a 190 visa and we would love to bring my mom over after we've been in Aus for 2 years (assuming we get our visa grant) on a 143 or similar contributory parent visa. However, I'm terribly scared she might not pass her medicals as she has arthritus. She's on chronic meds, but other than that she is quite a capable and very independent lady. Do you think her arthritus would disqualify her or are there others on this forum who have made it through the system with this health challenge? Any advice would be highly appreciated!

• Like 1

Hi Caz, You can check in the medical Form 26 what is important as far as health is concerned

You can find it here

Have you read Form 40 (Sponsorship), Form 47PA (Application for Parent to migrate) and Booklet 3, Parent Migration?

You can find all the Forms here .

Booklet 3 is quite comprehensive and can be obtained here

I'm sorry about your mom suffering from arthritis, but please look into alternative medicine to get rid of the condition. Taking chemicals prescribed by doctors will not heal her. She can be free from her illness within 2 years if she changes her lifestyle. (I was in the medical profession)

Regards, Dirk

• Like 1

• Mara pinned this topic