Made my own Ocean Basket

Bronwyn&Co

Well DD and DH just got back from SA where they indulged in all the nice goodies we can't get, the favourite being Ocean Basket seafood platter.

Tonight we made yellow rice, tiger prawns and the proper lemon butter sauce from a recipe that Ocean Basket kindly put online.

Very simple- tumeric in the rice, a bit of Robertsons Fish spice from Coles on the tiger prawns, some garlic paste in the skillet & voila! The verdict is that it was just as good!

Here's the website if anyone wants to try. I bought $20 prawns & it was enough for 3-4 of us.

http://www.oceanbasket.com/chefs_kitchen/recipe/ocean-basket-creamy-lemon-butter-sauce

Edited by Bronwyn&Co
  • Like 3

Yum!

I was at Ocean Basket 2 weeks ago. Always look forward to it but this time it was really

Disappointing! Terrible service, dry seafood - just not what I expected at all. Not sure if it was just the branch (Knysna) but it put me off.

Just saying so you don't feel like you missed out too much :)

• Like 1

Yum!

I was at Ocean Basket 2 weeks ago. Always look forward to it but this time it was really

Disappointing! Terrible service, dry seafood - just not what I expected at all. Not sure if it was just the branch (Knysna) but it put me off.

There's your mistake Hansa! Knysna is too posh. We only go to Nigel ;)

• Like 2

I am such a hard core Ocean Basket fan, we even had our anniversary there in Dec. We were forced in a way, as the date fell on a Monday and we discovered most non chain restaurants closed on a Mon. I am a sucker for seafood served in a pan....

• Like 1

Bronwyn&Co - you rock!!!

Thanx for this

• Like 1

Maybe I'll post a killer @ pozzie/home seafood menu that you can all knock up in a few minutes. :jester: Who is game for it?

• Like 1

Maybe I'll post a killer @ pozzie/home seafood menu that you can all knock up in a few minutes. :jester: Who is game for it?

Sounds good to me. I haven't had lots of luck cooking fish but love to eat it.

Thanks! So glad you posted this recipe! Ocean Basket is most definitely one of the places we miss!

• Like 1

If you want good Portuguese seafood/food in Knysna go eat at "O Pescador" in the waterfront. They have excellent food and the service is incredible with super friendly and "available" staff.

http://www.dining-out.co.za/md/O-Pescador-Restaurant/1644

Yum!

If you want good Portuguese seafood/food in Knysna go eat at "O Pescador" in the waterfront. They have excellent food and the service is incredible with super friendly and "available" staff.

http://www.dining-out.co.za/md/O-Pescador-Restaurant/1644

Thanks. Bit late though. That would be the restaurant next to Ocean Basket, no?

If so, ah yes, I remember the place. I remember it because we sat at Ocean Basket waiting for ages for our food to arrive and we said: "hey, we should have gone to that Portuguese place!" :)

Yep, that's the place. Really top notch. Lol, I realize it's a bit late, but I figured I could share this gem just in case you were ever there again and were tempted to poison yourself with the horror that is currently available at Ocean Basket's it would seem.

Thanks. Bit late though. That would be the restaurant next to Ocean Basket, no?

If so, ah yes, I remember the place. I remember it because we sat at Ocean Basket waiting for ages for our food to arrive and we said: "hey, we should have gone to that Portuguese place!" :)

• Like 1

Yep, that's the place. Really top notch. Lol, I realize it's a bit late, but I figured I could share this gem just in case you were ever there again and were tempted to poison yourself with the horror that is currently available at Ocean Basket's it would seem.

:D Thanks

The biggest horror was that we had to pay for the "experience"!

• 1 year later...
On 8/7/2014 at 5:17 PM, Bronwyn&Co said:

Here's the website if anyone wants to try. I bought $20 prawns & it was enough for 3-4 of us.

http://www.oceanbasket.com/chefs_kitchen/recipe/ocean-basket-creamy-lemon-butter-sauce

Seems I'm a little late to the party.... But I hope nobody minds me resurrecting this post...

It looks like Ocean Basket has removed this recipe from their site... Any chance you saved a copy and wouldn't mind sharing it?  It's been about 3 weeks since my last meal there and I'm just about ready to book a return ticket for a good feed!

50 minutes ago, RYLC said:

Google is your friend :)

Only when you know the secret phrase!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Titus said:

Only when you know the secret phrase!

Okay I have to admit that my kids say that if Mum can't find it on internet then it doesn't exist

• Like 1