Evidence of Funds and Statement of Commitment

Saundersann

To all the people going through the same process

I desperately need advice on the following:

We received our Qld State Sponsorship invite, in the email they require a list of supporting documents, one of the required docs is evidence of funds to settle in Qld

Can we make use of an eligble relative living in NSW (parents) to help us with financial support? In the Financial declaration list they say the following:

Applicants that are under 25 years of age, or applicants seeking nomination through the International Alumni stream can declare financial assistance from their parent or step-parent, brother or sister (including step-brother or step-sister) and a father in law or mother in law or grandparent where the applicant can not meet the settlement fund requirements in their own right.

And then on another declaration document we need to fill in they ask to select one of the following:

Please select one of the following:

I meet the requirements for settlement funds and have the financial capability to support myself in Queensland. Please provide evidence of your cash assets.

I require financial support from one my eligible relatives in order to meet the settlement funds requirement to be considered for Queensland nomination.

My husband is the main applicant and then for myself and 2 children the total amount adds up to $ 45 000!!!!

Can we make use of an eligible relative to support us with the financial docs or not?

Secondly what do you need to include in your Statement of commitment to live and work in QLD?

HELP PLEASE!

They said all the info must be submitted before the 1st of May!!!!

Hey Saundersann

We did our EOI and all of these things a couple of weeks ago to Qslnd, will PM you now.....

Tammy

Hi Saundersann,

Are you going family sponsored 489 or state sponsored. I can only offer you some direction for state sponsorship 489 as like TammyP we lodged 6 weeks ago so still fresh.

Cheers

Hi

This might help.

This happened a few years back to a friend of ours. He applied for a state sponsorship from ACT. Here too, one of the main requirements was cash funds availability.

Unfortunately our friend did not have any cash reserves nor did he have anyone in Aus who was prepared to offer financial support.

However, our friend had tangible assets in the form of property and a business. So he made a list of all these assets along with their current market values and sent this in. Supporting this was a detailed letter giving assurance that, should he be granted the sponsorship and there after the PR, he would liquidate all the mentioned assets and externalise the funds to Australia. He further justified why it was better to hold on to tangible assets, rather than cash in the volatile Rand environment. From what I remember, I think he even included a graph illustrating how (over the years) the Rand had depreciated considerably, whilst property values had increased, making it a lot more prudent to have invested in tangible assets.

This seemed to work and within a few weeks their received their ACT sponsorship.

i attached both my and my wife's bank statements(not as much as they want), and stated i have a car worth $10000,(you don't have to prove). you can also use your house if you have.

for the commitment letter, you should write why you choose QLD, how will you settle(do some research on suburbs, school for kids, public transport, rental, groceries, etc)also you potential job posts and incomes(seek, and there are more websites)

• 5 years later...

HI,

I am in the saw predicament. QLD has asked for proof of "Settle funds".

Composing of a cash component of $15000 (bank statement) and "other funds" of $25000 e.g. property

I can scrape up the Cash component but for the other funds i don't have any property in my name except for 2 cars that are still on Hire Purchase.

Please advise if the other funds is mandatory or if there is a way round it.

Can i list my cars as other funds.

Got a very tight deadline, thanks in advance guys