Photobook scam!

Happymigrant

I thought I should share this, maybe just to ease my frustration and disappointment... at least to warn you all! I've ordered photobooks on "Living Social" from a company called "Holding Stock." I've paid for it and I've put a lot of work into it. Never got the books. They are based in Melbourne because the contact number takes you to Melbourne, unfortunately there are other companies listed for this number as well. No address. Living Social eventually gave me a voucher for the amount spent, not my money back. What about the effort and disappointment? Due to their software I can not submit it to other photobook companies. This is a Family Recipe Book is 82 pages and I went through a lot of trouble. Stay away from Holding Stock, google them and read the reviews!

We also bought photobooks from them as Christmas gifts last year for the family back home. We bought vouchers on Groupon and rhey fortunately refunded the value of the voucher as well as the postage which wa all done via PayPal.

Trying to contact them does not work and emails don't get answered either.

We have also bought other stuff through living social which we have had problems with and have now come to the conclusion that both living social and Groupon are simply to much of a gamble.

Remember that both these sites were established to assist businesses that are struggling to survive, you have to ask yourself why they are struggling in the first place.

• Like 1

Often these companies get SO much exposure from the voucher deals that they just cant cope. Faced with the insurmountable task of keeping everybody happy, some less honourable characters just bail. Can you imagine how swamped a beauty salon gets that advertise hour long facials for $25. Somethings gotta give. But, I understand your frustration.

Thanks for the warning...

• 3 years later...

Thank you for the warning. I think that they should set a limit to the coupons they are selling cos they will lose more customers than gain if every one is leaving angry.