Coffee/lunch/meetup Durban 10 May 2014?

LisaActually

Hi Guys

Seems like there are a couple of us in Durbs that are currently in the process of applying. Would be great if we can get together - I think april is a little insane with Public holidays - so thought maybe skip that and lets look at May - but date completely flexible - I just chose one :)

Can look at venues/times etc closer to the time.

So who is around and would be keen to meet up?

X

Lisa

Sounds great! I may book my IELTS for that date but not 100% sure it. Also no clue how long it takes. So maybe available in the afternoon

Sounds great! I may book my IELTS for that date but not 100% sure it. Also no clue how long it takes. So maybe available in the afternoon

This could be a problem. Written part is done in the morning and the speaking part in the afternoon. It's a real inconvenience especially for those people who have come a long way.

Sounds good to me! :-)

I am flexible with the date too...

If we could choose a kiddie friendly venue it would make life easier.

Hi Lisa

I'm extremely new to this forum, actually this is my first post/reply.

I would love to meet up for coffee in May. The earlier in the month the better for me but sort of flexible as well.

Look forward to it :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Durbanites - I won't be able to meet on the 10th as I have to assist my photographer friend at a wedding. I will be available most Saturday afternoons after that though. I work until 13:00 on a Saturday.

Understand if you prefer to stick to the 10th, although I would love to meet up with you.

I live in Ballito, noticed a couple of you live in Hillcrest area - maybe we could meet in Umhlanga or Gway to make it central??

xx

Sorry guys - I am talking such nonsense!!!!! Clearly I have porridge brain with all this immigration stuff which has consumed my mind for the past 2 years.

I am available on the 10th as the wedding is on the 3rd..............however I might be working until 13:00 and would only be able to meet from 13:30.

cheers

xx

• 4 weeks later...

Hi just wondering if there was any more information regarding the get-together for those in Durban? Me and my husband are most likely to be leaving SA around June 2015. Would be nice to meet up and have coffee with fellow immigrants:-)

I have my IELTS in the morning but will be done at lunch time (Am doing the speaking part the Friday before)

How about Gateway area or Umhlanga as its more central fro those from Ballito and Hillcrest? I'm free from 1:30 on Sat.

Week turned rather crazy so I didn't follow up on this. Should we try again?

Yes. We would be keen.

Edited by Luke and Robs

How about Saturday, 24 May?? My husband and I will both be available and would love to meet up. How about 11:00 near Gway or Umhlanga area? We can decide on a suitable venue. Who is keen???

Hi everyone.

I would have loved to meet up too but unfortunately the rest of this month is a no no for me. Busy with exams and my sister is leaving for Oz on 1 June so will be spending time with her.

Will be more than happy to meet up with anyone for a chat in June or anytime after she is gone.

We can't make that weekend but don't change it on our behalf. We'll make sure that we get to the next one.

Can't do the 24th May and the 31st is out for me too... But if a get together is organized for either of those dates then we'll hopefully catch the next meet up

I am my daughter's birthday party coming up on the 31st of MAy. So might be a bit hectic before then. Maybe June is a good idea