Processing time for 190 visa grants have slowed down :(

From the DIBP website it shows 190 Visa has a level 3 for priority processing versus 189 Visa which has a level 4, yet people who have applied for 189 Visas after us have already received visa grants. CO says all documents are in order but yet no grant yet - any ideas... :yawn:

Last 'action' was 31 March 2014.

Last "action" on my Immi profile was 17 March...

Lodged 31 Jan

Meds done 25 March

PCC's uploaded 11 April

CO seems happy as no other info was requested...

Eish the wait.....

trev

According to my agent, none of the info on the website can be used to determine when we are going to get our visa at this stage.

He said he sent emails to the CO's on behalf of his clients and doesn't get any replies. This is sooooooooooooooooo frustrating.

The last action on my immi account was 05 Mar. Application sent 21 Jan. By the time we got a CO our PCC's and Medicals were done. When we got the CO she said she is happy with everything. So since 05 Mar, we haven't had ANY news, queries or requests from our CO.

I heard/read somewhere they are considering the people who's entry date is closer than the rest. So if your medicals and pcc's were done in December your entry date will most probably be December so for me who only did my Meds & pcc's in Feb, my entry date will only be Feb 2015.

I am checking every other day but not expecting much. I am slowly making piece with the fact that we will only receive our visa in July. :glare:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys

Has anyone received their visa yet? Or can we accept the cap has been reached?

Hi Gordon28

Here is the reply I received from the case officer earlier this week:

As explained in the previous correspondence, there are only limited numbers left in this years program. I cant advise whether the current application can be finalised in this program year, therefore it is safe to advise the clients the current visa application will not be finalised until after July 2014.

:(

Thank you Marcie

At least we can plan our move better know. Does anyone know how long it could take when the new immigration year starts in July? could it be days or months?

No problem

Wish I had an answer to your question though as I am also interested to know.

Well i would think that all the paperwork and decision making will be done, all they need is a space to allocate the visa to. So once the new immigration year begins it should run through the applications that are ready quickly. But that's just optimistic me.

Gordon28, I really hope so. The case officer had already approved medicals, pcc's, and asked for more info. So I think it is just a question of waiting for the visa.

This whole thing drove me crazy so I just convinced myself that we will most probably only receive the visa in July.

anyone had ANY action on a 190????

trev

Nope. Nothing

I've been reading on an expat forum where some people have been granted visas on the 190 scheme. The last one was on the 26th of May. So there is still hope i think.

• Like 1

Thx gordon28!!!

Grants still happen but they are now in a holding pattern till 01 July for new allocation slots. SD_MOA posted the updates on this a week or two back.

Hi All

Just a quick question. For those who have uploaded all docs, does the CO tell you everything is in order? I have received the following along with the standard delay mail text:

"Thank you for submitting the police checks – your application is complete and at the final stages of processing."

Does this mean I'm just waiting for a space to become available?

Hi Guys

A friend of mine was allocated a case officer early this month and within a couple of weeks she was granted her 190 visa, for QLD - which seems to be one of the quicker states.

So it looks like they are still granting some visas, albeit few and far between.

Another friend of mine has had a CO for three weeks and is waiting for her 489 which is supposed to be a higher priority than the 190 and she is still waiting.

So if you ask me, there is no method to this madness. I think if you get your visa in the next few weeks you are just lucky, chances are we will probably get our Visas in July, and my agent has advised that things happen pretty quickly in July so hopefully we won't have to wait too long.

At least we can all agonise together:)

Edited by TammyP

Hi TammyP Thanks for the update. I have decided to just rest in the fact that we will most probably only receive the visa in July. I really hope it moves fast in July like your agent said. I guess waiting has its pro's apart from the cons too.... It gives us and our family and friends some more time to get used to the idea. My husband had a job offer but the contract started in two weeks after the job offer :( we are so bummed that he couldn't take it. it was a 6 month contract doing maintenance on one of the mines, I guess it just wasn't our time.

Good luck everyone. Hope everything runs smoothly for you

• Like 1

Hi All,

Yes it looks good for July.

I just take comfort that if there were any application issues - I TRUST that the CO's would by now asked for all that info.

That tells me we should all be good.

trev

Well Trev, I think so, but cannot say for sure. Our CO sent a form back that we forgot to sign and we had to sign and send it back to her, she also said the medicals and Pcc's were accepted so I guess she did go through everything when we sent the application.

@nicknel,

All my comms (through agent) with case officer was within 1-1.5 months of lodgement. No communication after that.

Do you think its safe to assume they are happy with all, as, surely they would have asked if something else was required.

trev

That's very interesting to know Tammy regarding your friend that was granted her QLD visa. I have also applied to QLD and a CO was allocated at the end of March. My medicals and police clearance certificate was sent through 4 April already.

Last month of waiting hopefully?!

Hey Trev. Jip that is what I think. I really hope I am right.

Dawie002, really hope things move fast in July. The waiting has been tough.

I asked our agent why people are being granted 190 visa's even though they submitted after we did (our Co was assigned 7 Feb), apparently it's dependent on a couple factors, eg: specific professions are in greater demand than others, etc. Which means that they will be granted their visa (provided the state still has an allowance available) before those who have been waiting since Jan/Feb. Luck of the draw I suppose. We missed the cut off by a cpl weeks it seems :((

We plan on leaving mid Sep provided the visa is granted early July, who else has made tentative plans and when do you plan on leaving provided you get your visa in July?

I had a look at my nominated occupation for South Australia which is Web Developer 261212, at the time of lodging the application it was on Medium availability. But now its on Special Conditions Apply, so i guess that means a post 1 July grant for me. At least its next month already...

@1982, we've managed to plan in such a way that we can leave 2 weeks after our visa grant. Stopping for a couple of days in Hong Kong first, then Adelaide.