Processing time for 190 visa grants have slowed down :(

Hey Marcie

My Full timeline is on my profile. I lodged 190 WA 14 Jan, Co allocated 19 Feb requesting medicals which were uploaded 7 March. We have been waiting 3 months since lodgement (hence my frustration:))

If we have to wait until July then we will have 4-5 months to activate it as our PCC were done in Dec.

Hi Trevor,

I am absolutely amazed to say the least. I honestly did not expect it to come so soon - we had kind of slowed down everything expecting a longer wait. We've done everything through Migrate 2 Oz. Lodged our visa applications on the 13th February and did PCC's and medicals on the 14th. Received our PCC's on 28th Feb and everything uploaded immediatley. Case Officer assigned and nothing further was requested. So, I suppose it helped having everything in on time.

Now, we need to sell our house and start planning our future. It all seems so surreal ........

31 January 2014 – Final visa app lodged and paid from credit card $6160AUD = R63 744

04 Feb 2014 – Applied for PCC’s sent to Pretoria via Registered post

11 March 2014 – Received SMS Police received app for PCC for Wifey

17 March 2014 – Received CO, requested proof of De facto Relationship

18 March 2014 – CO fixed problem of our baby’s name on Immi acc (mistakenly had the wrong baby on there), it seems seeing the baby they do not need proof of de facto relationship anymore

25 march 2014 – Medicals

03 April 2014 – PCC’s trevor and Monique finalised – waiting to get in hand to upload

11 April 2014 – PCC’s received and uploaded

All Final now waiting

I Hope we dont have to wait another 2 months for approval, also heading to ACT, house is sold, business is sold, just waiting on visa.

Trev

Hi Ericadslv

How many points did you claim in your EOI, as this could be another indicator for the rest of us - alternatively it must be State related.

05.02.2014 - WA 190 SS EOI lodged and paid - All required documentation, including Medicals and PCC's uploaded at time of lodgement.

31.03.2014 - Case Officer assigned after 7.5 weeks - No further documents required by Case Officer.

* Today * - We WAiT..... :whome:

Edited by Three80

Thank you so much everybody.

Three80 - we claimed 65 points. Not sure that it would be state related as Trevor has also applied for ACT. Probably just the luck of the draw or i was assigned the right Case Officer. Either way, I am thrilled and pleasantly surprised....

• Like 1

Im also not sure what the process is - can't be points as we lodged with 70 points 3 months ago. Maybe my CO is on holiday :) Im only eager to get it before cap is reached, not keen on waiting until July before we can make definite plans.

Happy some are getting it though :))

Slightly off topic but I would love to get an opinion or thoughts from those also waiting around. Like most of you we are waiting for our 190 which was lodged 3 months ago, we have all been informed that processing is still taking place however if quota is reached it will only be processed in July.

The dilemma I am faced with is that my husband and I would like to leave on the 23rd of Aug, 2014. Reason being is that my mom will be celebrating her 60th in Thailand and I plan on surprising her there on route. She would have already said goodbye to us at the airport thinking we are going straight to AUS. I was hoping to have our visa grant by now so that planning could begin. We still need to resign, tell family and friends, decide on shipping company, book flights - but cant do this without the grant.

1. We have been told by our CO it will be processed in July (LATEST), but that doesnt mean granted. Would we be very silly to set a date in Aug and book flights without the grant? Can the CO's word be taken seriously?

2. I cant bare the thought of waiting until July to get a grant and then having to scramble for 1 month to pack, sell cars, resign, book flights which would have gone up in price, have farewells, etc. But on second thought what if we dont get it?????

3. It works out so much cheaper to do thailand on route, we wont be able to afford a trip to thailand, return and then a flight to Aus. And I have to surprise mom for her 60th!!! ha ha.

What would you do????

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Guys,

As all of us are waiting for our PR under subclass 190. I would like to start another topic for chat here which I think it is interested for all of us.

As a state sponsored us for PR and as we saw in Immi website we have to live in that state for first 2 years. But my question is here. If we live in another state what will happen? For example I will explain my situation. I applied onshore. I am living in Victoria and my got NSW sponsorship. I have a good job here and also I applied for a lot of job in Sydney and regional in NSW but no success so far.

On the other hand my sister got her PR couple of months ago in S190 as well and she is living in Brisbane. I have checked her PR visa and grant email . THERE IS NOT ANY VISA CONDITION in her PR.

What do you think guys? If I get MY PR and I do not move to Sydney what will happen? Do you have any IDEA?

Thanks,

Hamed

Apparently there is no more cap limit for state sponsored visas? That is what is says on immi website....

Based on feedback received as part of the evaluation, the following changes are now in place from 1 March 2014:

State and territory nominated visas will no longer be subject to occupational ceiling limitations

The minimum ceiling for each occupational group will be 1000 invitations.

As there are still high levels of interest from prospective skilled migrants in the following six occupations, pro rata arrangements for these occupational groups will continue:

Chemical and Materials Engineers

Electronics Engineers

Other Engineering Professionals

ICT Business and Systems Analysts

Software and Applications Programmers

Telecommunications Engineering Professionals.

Hi Dawie002

Would you mind posting a link to what you stated above?

Thanks

Hi Marcie,

Will try to copy and paste from ipad: http://www.immi.gov.au/skills/skillselect/

I hope that helps?

Another website confirms this. https://www.acacia-au.com/occupational-ceiling-changes-March-2014.php

Hope they keep the line going, at this stage we would just like an outcome.

Thanks for the links provided however this does become a little confusing now as on the 11th of April I received a mail from DIBP stating the following:

The department appreciates the delay in processessing your clients application may cause them some concern, however, the remaining places in the migration programme are being allocated having consideration to a number of factors (ie. Initial entry dates). The new migration programme commences in july 2014, so in the event your clients application in unable to progressed before this date, it will be progressed at that time.

So now a person doesn't know what to think.

I know the feeling.... I guess we shall have to wait....... Once more

Which state have you applied to Dawie?

Western Australia. Yourself?

Edited by dawie002

Queensland

Hello Guys,

As all of us are waiting for our PR under subclass 190. I would like to start another topic for chat here which I think it is interested for all of us.

As a state sponsored us for PR and as we saw in Immi website we have to live in that state for first 2 years. But my question is here. If we live in another state what will happen? For example I will explain my situation. I applied onshore. I am living in Victoria and my got NSW sponsorship. I have a good job here and also I applied for a lot of job in Sydney and regional in NSW but no success so far.

On the other hand my sister got her PR couple of months ago in S190 as well and she is living in Brisbane. I have checked her PR visa and grant email . THERE IS NOT ANY VISA CONDITION in her PR.

What do you think guys? If I get MY PR and I do not move to Sydney what will happen? Do you have any IDEA?

Thanks,

Hamed

• Like 1

Hamed,

My advice to you is to speak to your case officer and find out if there would be a problem.

Regards

Dawie

• Like 1

Eish, this is taking too long now...

Seems like we will have to wait until July :-(

Ja we have also decided to forget about it for now, its been 3.5 months since lodgement (14 Jan). We have tentatively planned to leave mid Sep 2014 which will give us 2.5 months from a hopeful grant in July. We were wanting to send out cv's asap but wont be able to without a grant. We had to set a potential date to prevent us from going crazy.

Im just worried some rules change before then that will affect the grant.

Ja we have also decided to forget about it for now, its been 3.5 months since lodgement (14 Jan). We have tentatively planned to leave mid Sep 2014 which will give us 2.5 months from a hopeful grant in July. We were wanting to send out cv's asap but wont be able to without a grant. We had to set a potential date to prevent us from going crazy.

Im just worried some rules change before then that will affect the grant.

@1982,

I Don't believe any rule changes can affect us, remember we fullfilled the required criteria at the time of lodgement. They cannot change that..... It's on black and white. I Hope!

@1982,

I Don't believe any rule changes can affect us, remember we fullfilled the required criteria at the time of lodgement. They cannot change that..... It's on black and white. I Hope!

It is still scary not having it - we can't sell cars, secure shipping company, book flights, tell freinds and family until we have that grant in our hands INCASE something goes wrong, which I pray wont happen. This process has def taught me to have patients - ha ha. I am a bit of a planner so I am finding this 'living in limbo' a major learning experience.

@1982,

We are in the same boat. But have told family and friends. Just waiting on visa to sell cars and guns :-), House and business sold...Eish

Today I was experiencing nerves and excitement at that the same time. My sister will be leaving for Oz 1st week of June so we were packing some of my stuff to be containerised.....and my visa has not been granted yet....eeekk!!!!

Oh I wish they would hurry up. Patience has never been my best virtue lol