Processing time for 190 visa grants have slowed down :(

Hi Nicknel

3 months waiting time would only be if the numbers are still available in order to grant those visas. The figure of allowable visa grants could be met tomorrow in which case we would all have to wait up until July 2014 for the new set of numbers.

This is how I understand it. I hope and pray there are enough spots to let us in before quota is met.

My visa was suppose to be lodged beginning Dec but there were technical glitches on the system which forced me to only lodge in Jan. Which was bad timing as the 'slow down' started in Feb.

Do you reckon the estimated 3 month count down starts from visa application as you mentioned above? Would it not start from CO being appointed??

Edited by 1982
  • Like 1

1982 I am not sure, but it sounds right, all depends on how many visas are available. I would guess though that they would process in the 'first in first out' method. Lets hope so. Since the December ones are mostly granted already that would mean that January batch is next. I hope we all get our visa's soon, we wanted to leave end of may. Eish!

My agent said to me yesterday that there are still visa's being granted, they just cannot say when ours will be granted. So I know for that reason the quota hasn't been reached yet.

Now that you mention it, I hope its from Visa application and not from CO...... I will try to find out from my agent and let you guys know.

Ahh man,

How can we find where in the queue we are, wouldn't it be nice just to know you are number 49472392 SOMEWHERE in SOME queue! I have no idea where ours is!

Hello everyone,

Firstly I have to say I am new in this forum. I have found your topic for 190.Because I am in the same boat but I think your situations are better mine.

I am not sure you can believe it or not but I applied for 190 in 17th of May last year!!!!I am onshore and I am living in Victoria.

I got my case officer in June.but till now now news so far. I contacted my case officer and she said it is under character check yet. Maybe because I am from a high risk country but anyway it is too late till now.

I asked my lawyer about this topic and he said it is correct but he had a point and I am not sure about it. He said when immi allocated a case officer already you counted for that visa. So we do not need to be worried about it is full till July.( As I mentioned I am not sure)

So guys don't worried. If you think it is late just think about me and think there is someone applied 10 months ago and he is still waiting.

Thanks

Hello everyone,

Firstly I have to say I am new in this forum. I have found your topic for 190.Because I am in the same boat but I think your situations are better mine.

I am not sure you can believe it or not but I applied for 190 in 17th of May last year!!!!I am onshore and I am living in Victoria.

I got my case officer in June.but till now now news so far. I contacted my case officer and she said it is under character check yet. Maybe because I am from a high risk country but anyway it is too late till now.

I asked my lawyer about this topic and he said it is correct but he had a point and I am not sure about it. He said when immi allocated a case officer already you counted for that visa. So we do not need to be worried about it is full till July.( As I mentioned I am not sure)

So guys don't worried. If you think it is late just think about me and think there is someone applied 10 months ago and he is still waiting.

Thanks

Hi Hgaroosi

Sorry yours has taken so long. The waiting time is usually 1 - 4 weeks for the 190 as it is one of the fastest visas to be processed, some got their visa a cpl days after a case officer was appointed. The reason we (the Feb and March group) are frustrated is because the quota is nearing an end and since Feb the visa allocations have slowed down, so we missed the speedy ones by a month. If you have a straight forward application it should be chop chop - not sure why yours has taken so long??

Thanks 1985

Yeah, Really it is a question for me as well. what happened for my application.

Second time I asked my case officer about my application she said it is still under character check(21st of FEB) . but in my reply she gave me my HAP ID for my medical test and also she asked about Police check of Australia and my Country(IRAN). which I prepared all of them and now is one month since I gave my documents and medical test.but again no news so far.

As I mentioned in my earlier post I was thinking it can be because of my high risk country(Iran) but my sister applied for 190 offshore and she got it in 45 days in November . So it can not be the only reason .

I suspect the EOI score also has something to do with it. High EOI scores are given a higher priority

THIS IS SOOOOOOOOOOOO FRUSTRATING? Has anyone heard any news on how they choose who goes through now and where you are in line?

My agent keeps telling me he will let me know when he hears anything, it is NOT what I want to hear. :boxing:

Hi Fellow 190's

I noticed someone was granted their 189 visa which is in the priority group 4, visa was granted in just over 6 weeks even though the estimated processing time according to the immi site is 3 months. The 190 and 489 (regional sponsored) visa's are in priority group 3 which means they take preference to the the priority groups 4 and 5, these also have an estimated processing time period of 3 months. It seems the quota is borderline seen as though priority group 4 are being processed before group 3.

QUESTIONS:

Do you think the 3 month estimated processing time is calculated from date of lodgement or date of CO assigned. I seem to think (and hope) it is from date of lodgement purely because the estimated time for CO allocation is 7 weeks and that is calculated from lodgement date.

If it is from date of lodgement then the 14th of April will be our 3 month mark (this is obviously if quota is not met before then).

Secondly do you think the 3 month estimated processing time frame is still something to go by even though there is a slow down? Does anyone remember it being less than that before the slow down. Im trying to establish if the 3 month time frame was set before or after the slow down came into effect.

Frustrated and anxious to say the least - although very happy to have been successful this far:)

Anxious and frustrated with you!

I hope someone can answer our questions,have sent an email with the same questions to my agent this morning, will keep you posted on their reply.

Just saw on another forum that a 190 SS was granted after 3 months, the lady applied on 12 Dec, and received the visa 28 March. So I guess it is about 3-3 1/2 months waiting for visa after application, unless the cap have been reached and we all have to wait untill July. Lets hope its the first one and not the last.

I also emailed my agent, and his reply was that he tried finding out more about this whole thing and he just received an automated reply saing everything we already know. :(

Its a bit sad that the DIBP is keeping us in the dark about this.

We will soon find out as two weeks from today will be 3 months waiting for us. Ok so not soon, but soonish. Hopefully by end of April we'll have our visa.

• Like 1

Hang in there Nicknel. I know it's frustrating but the times could vary from case to case. When Migrate2Oz phoned me I was surprised at the quickness of the response as I was expecting a reply only in April at the earliest. Oddly though, we waited for the Co to be assigned and then submitted the docs as he requested them. I wonder if that made a difference if any...?

• Like 1

Hi Shaugn,

What visa did you opt for and when did you lodge? How many weeks did it take for you to get a CO?

Migrate2Oz lodged our 489 on the 14th March. We have done medicals and PCC now just waiting for a CO.

Thanks

Ok so all my docs are final, and uploaded, PCC, meds, the lot.

Now we wait...........

190 ACT SS

Thx Marcie,

I Applied before 25 march 2014, Well 31st Jan 2014 to be exact, we should be ok, i just hope they issue soon.

Dont really want to wait till July to make our arrangements.

Trev

guys I am waiting for my PR(190) as well. But I think we do not have any chance till JULY.:(

17th of May is one year I applied . my case officer asked for my medical in middle of FEB and I was thinking my visa will grant after that. now is near 2 months and no news so far. So I think we can't have it till July

190 VISA GRANTED TODAY - EXACTLY 2 MONTHS - WOW!!!!!

• Like 1

Great news !!!! Must be such a relief :)

I wish someone could explain how the grant process works :( We submitted 3 months ago for 190 WA, have had CO for 2 months and still waiting. Agent told us to hang tight as it is allocated on a 'first in' basis - but reading your post it can't be. Please let it come soon.

Hope you have some celebrations planned??

Hi Erica, WELL DONE!!! Congratz!

I am also waiting for 190 ACT SS visa, lodged my visa 31 Jan, did meds in March, uploaded pcc's 11 April 2013. Now we wait.

Please explain more about your your timeline, would love to see where we are. How long did you wait after everything was uploaded(incl pcc's and meds)?

I'm glad they are at least still issuing 190's!!!

WELL DONE, very very happy for you!!!

Trev

Erica, i see you lodged after me, however I was waiting for PCC's which I could only submit 11 April :-(

Hey Trevor

I'm also frustrated as our agent informed us that visa's are granted according to when lodgement was received (FIFO), but clearly not as we lodged 14 Jan, CO allocated 19 Feb. Which is why I'm thinking it might be state specific?? Makes me worry though that there is something wrong with our application.

We wanting to leave end Aug but I am worried to make any plans in case it doesn't come through it time.

Congratulations!!!!

I really do think it's state specific. In my case, I see the Business & Skilled Migration in QLD have moved buildings and have put a notice up on the website saying they working with IT and hope to have their application services up and running soon........SO obviously there must be some sort of delay in the process :(

SO OVER WAITING HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

Hi 1982

30 January 2014 - Received invitation to apply for 190

4 February 2014 - submitted 190 visa application QLD

15 March 2014 - received PCC's (took a while due to postal strike)

27 March 2014 - CO assigned

4 April 2014 - Medical completed

Now playing the waiting game once again

And your timeline?